Does anyone think employers look at your location to determine if they even look at your resume?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

TPerez in B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona

57 months ago

I live in Buckeye... but I'm renting ... so I'm wondering if employers look at that and immediately toss out the resume??? I have worked in Tempe with no problems and always on time.. I think I may be cheating myself on listing my address on my resume... ? what does anyone think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill D. in Atlanta, Georgia

47 months ago

You bet they do. I have been told by several career coaches to not put an address on a resume for that reason. Header should have name, phone number (cell), email address and Linkedin address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

47 months ago

Even if you moved recently, you are asked 'why you moved' to the area. I have been asked why I moved to MA from NY in a way that puts me on the defensive. Why do I need to explain explain myself and why is it assumed I am 'not staying'?

Much of it is due to paranoia, immaturity & ignorance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

47 months ago

Bill D. in Atlanta, Georgia said: You bet they do. I have been told by several career coaches to not put an address on a resume for that reason. Header should have name, phone number (cell), email address and Linkedin address.

They will see the cities that you worked in at your previous positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

darksidzz in Bolingbrook, Illinois

42 months ago

That's hilarious Nick lol Yea they are pretty bizarre asking why you moved, for example I moved from IL to CA and lived there 3 years, then moved back and stayed 3 years, then moved back, now I'm in IL again, soooooooo they look at this and ask "why did you move around so much?" SO MUCH???????? it took 3 freakn years inbetween moves dumb more-on, who at their company has been there 3 years or more, not MANY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

soupgurl in Hallandale Beach, Florida

41 months ago

TPerez in B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona said: I live in Buckeye... but I'm renting ... so I'm wondering if employers look at that and immediately toss out the resume??? I have worked in Tempe with no problems and always on time.. I think I may be cheating myself on listing my address on my resume... ? what does anyone think?

Of course they do...bingo...due to past employees not staying due to the commuting distance, I have had potential employers honest enough to tell me that if I lived closer, they might consider my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.