Need a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Dorothy in Chattanooga, Tennessee

51 months ago

I have been sending resume after resume online and I have not gotten an respond from anyone. What is wrong. There are thousands of job posting but no one is hiring do anyone know the reason for this. Why post jobs if you are not going to hire anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jan in Cincinnati, Ohio

51 months ago

The best way to get employment quickly is to apply for jobs through the temporary agencies. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John in Chattanooga, Tennessee

50 months ago

Dorothy in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I have been sending resume after resume online and I have not gotten an respond from anyone. What is wrong. There are thousands of job posting but no one is hiring do anyone know the reason for this. Why post jobs if you are not going to hire anyone.

I am in the same predicament. I have applied for well over a hundred different jobs, but have had very little success in securing an interview.
On the other hand, I applied through a local temp agency last week and had an interview on Monday (I am currently waiting to see if I will get one of two positions that I have interviewed for).
One suggestion that I have when applying through any of these temp agencies is to apply for any job whether you want it or not (provided that you meet the minimum qualifications). At the very least they will contact you and have you come in for an interview and tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

It could be your resume. Try a free resume critique. I had two done recently and the comments were very, very helpful. Now I have to decide whether to pay to have my resume rewritten or do it myself based on the insightful comments of the two services. Try Career Builder and Bakos.com.

Kind of obvious but here goes: Always include a cover letter, even if optional. And write the cover letter to 'cover' the qualifications point by point.

Hope this helps.

Good luck. I'm searching also so I hear you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nakisha Gratton in Detroit, Michigan

41 months ago

My name is Nakisha Gratton and im kind of slow but i can work my butt off and I Need a Job so i can take care of my family and on my child and I really want a JOB please halp me Thank You and if you need to cantact email.com me at nakishagratton@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

donjhertel@aol.com in Elgin, Illinois

41 months ago

Dorothy in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I have been sending resume after resume online and I have not gotten an respond from anyone. What is wrong. There are thousands of job posting but no one is hiring do anyone know the reason for this. Why post jobs if you are not going to hire anyone.

they are getting alot of resume i think not all get looked at. i have laid off since jan 11-2010. i am having same problem . got two interviews next week thank god. it is very hard out there good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jdhuston@hotmail.com in Bloomington, Indiana

41 months ago

Dorothy in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I have been sending resume after resume online and I have not gotten an respond from anyone. What is wrong. There are thousands of job posting but no one is hiring do anyone know the reason for this. Why post jobs if you are not going to hire anyone.[Are you customizing your resume to match the job. Most employers want to see what is in it for them. Assure that you list accompishments that are measurable and how they relate to the position]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JettingtoMars in US

41 months ago

I always seem to hear something when sending my resume after resume. Maybe a neat detailed resume goes a long way? I seen a lot of sloppy resumes even from people in the workforce for 20,30,40 yrs. Kinda like they feel that can be short and brief, they been around a long time, detail doesnt matter much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

colada in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

40 months ago

I have been sending resumes for open positions within the hours of being posted, because I know that if they have been posted for days I may receive an email saying that "due to the overwhealming amount of resumes received we are not taking any more resumes at this time" , nothing.. I try to apply to jobs related to my field of expertise...not much luck...I am sooo worried....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JettingtoMars in US

40 months ago

colada in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I have been sending resumes for open positions within the hours of being posted, because I know that if they have been posted for days I may receive an email saying that "due to the overwhealming amount of resumes received we are not taking any more resumes at this time" , nothing.. I try to apply to jobs related to my field of expertise...not much luck...I am sooo worried....

even minimum wage jobs which I thought couldnt survive on, I'm doing.. just to make it by til I get me a career in sooner time than later I hope

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darksidzz in Bolingbrook, Illinois

40 months ago

I have been unemployed since Sept 2009, no job interview I went on offered full time and they scoffed at the notion of even having full time jobs! I laughed myself silly afterward...... what nerve they have! Anyways my dads trying to drive me insane ramming down my throat I need to go out and look for a job when every single thing is ONLINE only apps, so what the heck is his attitude huh? He's really starting to drive me nuts here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

Hello Dorothy-
I led a job club for 6 months, and according to statistics 78% of jobs are found through networking with people. Try LinkedIn.com to see if you know people there that you can connect with. As you build your network, more people become available to help you, but do read up on the ettiquette of networking first, as there are rules about contacting people, and you don't want to be "black-balled" by gping about it the wrong way. There's info on LinkedIn to help you with that.
Hope this helps you and others!
Dana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.