Role : Database Architect
Location : Rockville, MD
Start Date: 11/23/2009
End Date: 04/15/2011
Looking for a start as soon as possible
Scope of Position:
The Database Architect will design, maintain and build conceptual, logical
and physical database models. The Database Architect will be responsible for
database architecture, design, and creation, optimization, deriving
conversion and migration methods for existing data, and developing automated
conversion and migration methods. The Database Architect will be responsible
for the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance and production
monitoring of database instances.
1. Meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to
gather and analyze application requirements
2. Design database solutions to satisfy application (business and
3. Implement database solutions using available database development tools
4. Provide first level operational support for development and production
5. Provide written status reports to management regarding project status,
task, and issues/risks
1. Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
2. 5 years working experience in Oracle
3. Oracle RAC 11g experience from the development perspective (database
and application), PL/SQL, Solaris, etc.
4. Ability to analyze existing ETL code in both PL/SQL and shell script,
and determine impacts and remediation.
5. Ability to analyze existing database schema DDL/instance layout and
determine impacts migrating to new target schema/instance environment.
6. Strong experience in Informatica ETL tools
7. Strong experience in Business Process Modeling (BPM)
8. Ability to provide guidance to offshore developers and to lead certain
9. Ability to interact with external DBAs and help