Tips for data architect interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming data architect interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Waterbury, Connecticut

109 months ago

I want to suscribe

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Wyntec.com in Bedford, Texas

96 months ago

My advice is to learn to draw lots of cylinders and arrows and understand the difference between application and data architects. There are many fakes and posers out there, who are application developers dressed as data architects. Many applications people tend to chase the data architecture positions because they pay handsomely and the market is saturated with application people. The clients seeking data architects also see unqualified people posting and/or interviewing for their positions. Applications architects tend to treat databases as a persistent layer with no real thoughts as what happens in the data base. In contrast, a data architect sees application as a simple presentation layer and focuses solely on what happens in the data layer and believes that most successful and solid designs are always data centric. Clients looking for a data layer want the latar! So learn the I/O, Storage, Indexing, Structures, Tools, SQL, Functions, DBA utilities, SQLPLUS :) and forget you were ever an application programmer!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.