what is olap?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

balakumari chegondi in Hyderabad, India

71 months ago

what is the difference between the olap and oltp?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rajesh Vidiyala in Hyderabad, India

59 months ago

Both OLAP and OLTP are data bases.Based up on type of data stored in database they classified in to OLAP and OLTP.

OLAP : Here only Current and detailed data is present . EX like ATM Machines , Reservation counters , call centers ETC... ( Data will present only for specific period.)

OLTP: Here we have summarized and historical data that means all the detailed data will get summarized and placed in OLTP. means information from the day one of the company Ex: from 1920 to present. OLTP is aslo called as data ware house.

I think iam correct please let me know if iam wrong

Chandu in Bombay, India

58 months ago

Rajesh Vidiyala in Hyderabad, India said: Both OLAP and OLTP are data bases.Based up on type of data stored in database they classified in to OLAP and OLTP.

OLAP : Here only Current and detailed data is present . EX like ATM Machines , Reservation counters , call centers ETC... ( Data will present only for specific period.)

OLTP: Here we have summarized and historical data that means all the detailed data will get summarized and placed in OLTP. means information from the day one of the company Ex: from 1920 to present. OLTP is aslo called as data ware house.

I think iam correct please let me know if iam wrong

It's Correct......Thank's

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.