deckhand

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

mrsjeannevan in Appleton, Wisconsin

47 months ago

Help Help I just retired from the school system after 27 years due to political reasons.....I have my MMD and my brother was a tugboat captain. I'd love to learn the ropes...I love to cook and clean and willing to learn anything...I'm to young and have to much spunk to stay at home....Come on guys be nice and help me out....how do I get in???? I'm sure I would make a good deckhand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

daniel minchew in Jacksonville, Florida

47 months ago

mrs jean,go to all the websites you can find for deckhands and dont give up keep on keeping on!!!!good luck

mrsjeannevan in Appleton, Wisconsin

47 months ago

daniel minchew in Jacksonville, Florida said: mrs jean,go to all the websites you can find for deckhands and dont give up keep on keeping on!!!!good luck

Hi Daniel
Thanks so much ....Ive been a sp,ed. teacher assistant for years and loved it. Trying to break the unions up here so I took my benefits and took a way to early retirement. My brother and nephew were tug boat captains and cant believe I'd do this....Yes I can,..I think I embarrass them. They both worked off the great Lakes. My sister in laws were fill in cooks and had fun so I thought I might give it a try. Not to many tug boats need cooks with microwaves. My friend owns a tug boat company but is on hold because of the unions too. Its a mess up here right now,,,,,Anyway Daniel it was so very nice of you to reply with encouragement. Maybe I can help you out sometime,,,I think people join the unions up here and go to union halls. My brother and nephew get lots of offers they turn down. My friend offered me a o job on his tourboat tug if my brother would be the captain but he declined. My brother is way to protective .
So I guess Ill do some more investigating on my own. Hope you have good luck down your way. Ya my brother has a couple of houses he rents and vactions in Arcadia Fl. Small world huh?
Once Again
Thanks Alot!! Jeanne

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.