employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

jeff obrien in Romeoville, Illinois

81 months ago

it is kinda slow going right now as far as getting back on board again!i've faxed out a few resumes,hopefully waiting to be called in to artco and inland marine svc for interviews,i can almost taste the LIFE as write this~!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

KYEMI DAVIS in Mobile, Alabama

73 months ago

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND AN DECKHAND TRAINING OR SOMETYPE OF TUGBOAT DECKHAND SEAMAN CLASS AROUND THE MOBILE AREA FOR MONTHS ONLINE AND I HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING,SO I'M WRITING TODAY TO HOPE I GET SOME HELP TO DO THIS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Reggie in Virginia Beach, Virginia

69 months ago

KYEMI DAVIS in Mobile, Alabama said: I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND AN DECKHAND TRAINING OR SOMETYPE OF TUGBOAT DECKHAND SEAMAN CLASS AROUND THE MOBILE AREA FOR MONTHS ONLINE AND I HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING,SO I'M WRITING TODAY TO HOPE I GET SOME HELP TO DO THIS.

I live in va but try seaschool in theordore alabama some jobs hire without exp as long as your willing to learn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeremy james

66 months ago

KYEMI DAVIS in Mobile, Alabama said: I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND AN DECKHAND TRAINING OR SOMETYPE OF TUGBOAT DECKHAND SEAMAN CLASS AROUND THE MOBILE AREA FOR MONTHS ONLINE AND I HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING,SO I'M WRITING TODAY TO HOPE I GET SOME HELP TO DO THIS.

When can i start? jeremy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robbie30 in wiggins, Mississippi

61 months ago

well like to see if any on know were i can go to work as a deckhand i am really like to go back to work as a deckhand if someone can help me please email me robbie70455@yahoo.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

james headley in Irvington, Alabama

59 months ago

i am interested

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Native Alaskan in Fresno, California

59 months ago

You usually have to know someone that fishes.....Why don't you try looking for licensed processor catcher boats online through google?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jbullit in Melber, Kentucky

58 months ago

hellllppppp mee plz

seth primo in Seattle, Washington

58 months ago

jeff obrien in Romeoville, Illinois said: it is kinda slow going right now as far as getting back on board again!i've faxed out a few resumes,hopefully waiting to be called in to artco and inland marine svc for interviews,i can almost taste the LIFE as write this~!

Ya im a fisherman up in alaka but i need something a little more steady.
Im 20 and have 7 years experience as a deckhand and some diesel mechanic skills. Can you help?

tugcrazy in Richmond, Virginia

56 months ago

Its ashame how many american mariners are looking for work, each year our rivers, lakes and ports are starting to look so isolated what the hell is going on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

peterrdh in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

56 months ago

tugcrazy in Richmond, Virginia said: Its ashame how many american mariners are looking for work, each year our rivers, lakes and ports are starting to look so isolated what the hell is going on

I just found a job opening in your area. a RDH is needed at av hospital of va. richmond. If you wnat that job, please go to usajobs.org ( a us govern. website) for detail but the opening will be closed on March 1, 2010. Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

peterrdh in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

56 months ago

Hi! RDHs,
I am experience male RDH and currently looking for job in Oklahoma City area and Norman of Oklahoma area. For months, I could not find any RDH opening in Norman of Oklahoma at Internet. Could some one kindly help me in how to looking for RDH job in Norman of Oklahoma? if you would help, please e-mail me at hoangbuoi@yahoo.com Great thanks. Peter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Norfolk, Virginia

56 months ago

Ihave currently been seeking any type of deckhand job for the past year. although i have no pior sea time, i am very willing and egar to learn. I currently have my Z- CARD, Twic Card, as well as passport. if any one could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

primozich in Tacoma, Washington

56 months ago

ya i fish in alaska out in bristol bay, gill netting is what i do, 7 years experience up there and know many captains. Its not a hard deck hand job and it pays quit well average for one month is 8,000-15,000 you dont need any certifications either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ben in Longview, Texas

55 months ago

jeff obrien in Romeoville, Illinois said: it is kinda slow going right now as far as getting back on board again!i've faxed out a few resumes ,hopefully waiting to be called in to artco and inland marine svc for interviews,i can almost taste the LIFE as write this~!

I'm definatly interested in employment with you.

fishinforfood in Port Saint Joe, Florida

55 months ago

SCAM alert for Captains and Deckhands

Don’t be fooled by www.getcaptainsjobsnow.com or Gilmer Marine or George Bonck or Bonck Marine. These are all the same person and they are all a scam!!They will get a job for you. They will only take your money and you will never hear from them again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fishinforfood in Port Saint Joe, Florida

55 months ago

SCAM alert for Captains and Deckhands

Don’t be fooled by www.getcaptainsjobsnow.com or Gilmer Marine or George Bonck or Bonck Marine. These are all the same person and they are all a scam!!They will get a job for you. They will only take your money and you will never hear from them again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

primozich in Tacoma, Washington said: ya i fish in alaska out in bristol bay, gill netting is what i do, 7 years experience up there and know many captains. Its not a hard deck hand job and it pays quit well average for one month is 8,000-15,000 you dont need any certifications either.

Can you help me find work

sprimozich in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

ya i just need name and phone # how old are you?

jeffwilkins in Topeka, Kansas

54 months ago

primozich in Tacoma, Washington said: ya i fish in alaska out in bristol bay, gill netting is what i do, 7 years experience up there and know many captains. Its not a hard deck hand job and it pays quit well average for one month is 8,000-15,000 you dont need any certifications either.

hello ....can you give me any leads on a deck hand job

Prof. Gringo in Mexico, Mexico

54 months ago

fishinforfood in Port Saint Joe, Florida said: SCAM alert for Captains and Deckhands

I reported them to the BBB and they didn't want to do anything!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

sprimozich in Seattle, Washington said: ya i just need name and phone # how old are you?

Im 21. Need any help i can get.

brian in Norfolk, Virginia

53 months ago

I am currently seeking an job as an deckhand. Having trouble. Have my mmd,twic and passport. if any one can find it in your heart to help a young man trying to get his life together please help. my email is b.parker4118@yahoo.com. thank u.

bwflorance in Wickliffe, Kentucky

45 months ago

jbullit in Melber, Kentucky said: looking for deckhand job any where,no exp. who will hire me im 19,and strong hardworker, but need training.

Try deckhand training schools... they have one in morganfield, ky if you are 18-24 they will pay you while going to school, pay you upon completion of the program, free room and board, free job placement upon graduation. E-mail me at bwflorance@gmail.com for the number since it won't let me post it here...

bwflorance in Wickliffe, Kentucky

45 months ago

My husband has been trying to get a job on the river for quite sometime now. He wanted to do the deckhand training program that we know of here in Kentucky but he is 28 and the cut off is 24 or 25 because it is through job corps ugh! Does anyone know of anywhere he could work or possibly train to get a job?

dan minchew in Jacksonville, Florida

45 months ago

i need help brother im 46 damn good shape have worked on a tugboat many years ago i want to get back on the water any kind of work willing to relocate please e-mail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dylan small in Yuma, Arizona

45 months ago

sprimozich in Seattle, Washington said: ya i just need name and phone # how old are you?

Can you help me find a position also?
I just got out of the army and im looking for a fast paced demanding job.
Im a hard worker and I adapt quickly to job requirements.

Meadows in Ripley, West Virginia

41 months ago

Need a job, anyone willing to give a hard worker a chance?

minchewdaniel@yahoo.com in Jacksonville, Florida

41 months ago

dan minchew in Jacksonville, Florida said: i need help brother im 46 damn good shape have worked on a tugboat many years ago i want to get back on the water any kind of work willing to relocate please e-mail

can you please send a phone number or web address thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

maximo in Yulee, Florida

36 months ago

dan minchew in Jacksonville, Florida said: i need help brother im 46 damn good shape have worked on a tugboat many years ago i want to get back on the water any kind of work willing to relocate please e-mail

go to www.salonenmarine.com they are looking for deckhands

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rick Block in Bradenton, Florida

36 months ago

Help me out man, have TWIC and MMC just need work...
litrick0417@yahoo.com
give me a shout!!

minchewdaniel@yahoo.com in Orange Park, Florida

36 months ago

maximo in Yulee, Florida said: go to www.salonenmarine.com they are looking for deckhands

Maximo, thanks going to check it out now>

ISAAC in Tema, Ghana

35 months ago

I,M SEAMAN Who with tide water ABC maritime.ch and bourbon surf,THANKS
BEST REGARDS

el gadi in Fez, Morocco

32 months ago

i m able seaman lookinf for a job i ve the stcw95

Brian Goode in Mobile, Alabama

30 months ago

I have been trying to get a job as a entry level deckhand for about a year im a hard working 32 year old willing to learn any thing i just need the opportunity to prove my self can someone help me i will be willing to pay any one that can get me on a job my email is bgoode79@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.