Dental Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (538) - Start a Discussion

Marina in Garden Grove, California

Updated 27 months ago

Is there a demand for RDAEF's? - 27 Replies

I am a DA, working on eventually getting my RDA as soon as I can. I would like to then become an RDAEF. I was wondering though if there is a need for...

Updated 27 months ago

how to become RDA? - 73 Replies

Hi, My friend is a licensed dentist in the philippines, she just migrated to California, what are the requirements to become a registered dental...

AGRusco in Port Orchard, Washington

Relocating to FL need info on DA to RDH programs and residency

I live in WA state. I am relocating to S FL after I sale my house (within 6 mos) I am currently going to school to do my preq for dental hygiene....

in San Jose, California

Updated 27 months ago

Hi everyone I live in Marietta now.After i graduated from dental assistance couse in 2 months ago i could not find a job until now. Can everyone in...

kee in Sun City Center, Florida

Updated 27 months ago

Can not find a job - 48 Replies

I reciently just spent close to $2500 to take a 10 week class for dental assisting. I was told there was a great demand for us. But I have been...

kate in Worcester, Massachusetts

Dental Assistant National Board Exam.

Hi Everyone, I'm currently working at a Dental Clinic as a Dental Assistant. By the end of this year it will be two years exact working there. The...

Michele in Leander, Texas

Updated 28 months ago

Has Anyone Attended the Austin Dental Assistant School? - 1 Reply

I have been trying to do research on them to find out if their graduates actually get hired or not and I can't find anything on them! If someone...

jdaviss in St. Louis, Missouri

Finishing up the only CDA certified school in St. Louis. Going out on externship in 2 weeks

I am starting my externship in 2 weeks as a dental assistant. I have passed the ICE part of the exam. I have the Radiation part and the Gen Chairside...

RDAJenny in sacramento, California

Updated 30 months ago

Anybody working / has worked in a prison? - 6 Replies

My girlfriend works in a small office as an RDA, I believe, and is getting ready to move on. She has been considering a job at a prison in...

DentalFairy in Port Charlotte, Florida

Updated 30 months ago

How much do you make an hour/week as a CDA? - 1 Reply

Sorry if you feel this is personal i just like to know from real DA's and not averages online. Also where do you work and how many ppl are in your...

malathi in Pontiac, Illinois

Updated 31 months ago

Dental Assistant RDA - 8 Replies

I need to take the New Jersey expand duties(NJXDG) for my RDA certification, I need any advice how to prepare for the exam,any book, review, website...

rachael in Clermont, Florida

I need to interview a dental assistant about their job.....?

hello, i need to interview a dental assistant for my health project. this will not take muchtime and can be done through email or phone. i've tried...

tylisha31 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

Updated 31 months ago

Boom or bust? - 24 Replies

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most dental assistant...

Krista 1277 in Evansville, Indiana

Updated 32 months ago

Radiology License - 2 Replies

I became a dental assistant by training on the job in 2006, I have since worked in different offices and recently took and passed my Radiation Health...

poolel in Portland, Tennessee

Is it worth having my RDA reactivated after 10 years of being retired?

I am a stay-at-home mom of one child and have been for the last 10 years. I would like to get back into Dentistry but wonder if it will be worth it...

Dr. Rick Waters in Athens, Georgia

Updated 32 months ago

Relocating To Georgia - 1 Reply

Im Moving to Georgia soon and need to know the requirements to work as a dental assistant? I currently live in Texas and have an RDA license is that...

Michele Holt in Leander, Texas

Updated 33 months ago

Dental Assisting Program in Austin Texas? - 4 Replies

I need some advice on the best school to attend for Dental Assisting in Austin, TX. I've become so frustrated searching online. Everest Institute has...

rdh in kingston in Hamilton, Ontario

Updated 34 months ago

Other career options? - 5 Replies

I've been a Dental Hygienist for 20 years and believe I have just burned out. This year, I let my certification laspe and have not completed the...

RDAJenny in sacramento, California

Any RDAEF2's out there??

Hey there, I'm interested in becoming and RDAEF2. Anyone out there willing to share their experiences and advice on the program and how the EF2...

JamezWilliams in Alameda, California

Updated 34 months ago

I have slightly shaky hands but.... - 1 Reply

My dream right now is to become a dental assistant. What type of fine motor control/ manual dexterity and is needed to do the job? I have no problems...

RDA student in San Ramon, California

Updated 35 months ago

Anybody like being a RDA? - 2 Replies

I am starting RDA school this January and have been reading the posts on this forum for a couple of months now and it seems like nobody likes their...

RDA student in San Ramon, California

Updated 35 months ago

Dental Assisting as a temporary career? - 3 Replies

So I am 17, and i am going to be starting an RDA program on 2/14/2012 and it is over 2/2013. The program that i am doing guarantees me a job since...

Smileysuzie in redwing, Minnesota

Updated 35 months ago

Aspen dental - 1 Reply

I saw a job opening in my area for aspen dental and I was wondering if anyone else has worked there. Is it a good place to work?

Rehabilitated Gal in San Ramon, California

Has anyone been rejected from the California Dental Hygiene for such criminal activity?

Hello, I am currently in a dental hygiene program and will be taking the national and state board exams in 2 years. I did something really stupid 18...

Mrs.V in Stockton, California

Salary of Dental/ RDA in Stockton, Tracy Modesto, Central Valley, California

I am looking for employment in the dental office. The last time I worked as an RDA/Oral Surg. Asst. I was making 13.00 hr. That was 9 years ago. Now...

Thommee in Columbia, South Carolina

Updated 36 months ago

RDA exam in southern california. - 24 Replies

hi you guys. I'm currently going to everest college to become a DA. I will be applying for the RDA exam. How many questions are on the exam?...

MrsDJMW in Buffalo, New York

Updated 36 months ago

Am I to old to be a dental assistant? - 2 Replies

If i want to change career at 60 could i be a dental assistant?

DonnaJean in Buffalo, New York

Updated 36 months ago

Dental Assistant qualities - 2 Replies

I'm currently considering a career in dental assisting. However, in my research I'm seeing that good manual dexerity is a key quality for dental...

Tbili in Los Angeles, California

RDA exam

Hi, I am a DA graduated last year (in CA), I work 2d/week in dental office. I cannot find a job, and I decided to take RDA exam. I think I might have...

Tristan Cole in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 36 months ago

Dental Implant books - 2 Replies

I am having a very hard time trying to find a dental assistant book on dental implants/bone grafting ect. Any Implant assistants here have any good...

Katie in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 36 months ago

Dental admin/receptionist wages - 1 Reply

Does anyone know the going rate for dental admin/receptionists in Calgary or Alberta area?

Turbo6ta in Fort Myers, Florida

Updated 37 months ago

Dental Assistant Training Schools (DATS) of Florida .. Anyone hear of them? - 2 Replies

My wife is from the Philippines and is in the US on a "green card". She has a BS degree in Computer Science from a college in the Philippines. Well,...

imperfectdisaster in hindman, Kentucky

1 month into DA school, starting to feel discouraged

I'm in an accredited DA school, only 1 month in but I'm starting to feel discouraged. Sometimes I feel like I'm not catching on as quickly as the...

lulu in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Dental Assistants in New Brunswick Canada

Well, I have been a CDA for about 25 yrs now and wonder how I have lasted this long, some dentists want people with experience but they do not want...

Nicole Leigh in Lake Forest Park, Washington

Updated 37 months ago

Did I get hired at the Dental Office? - 1 Reply

Okay, I'm a bit confused. I'm new to seeking professional jobs. I took a 15 week dental course and I decided that I should start applying to...

Sammy in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 38 months ago

Need Advice Dental Assistant.. - 1 Reply

I've been working as a dental asst. for over a year now and need some advice on whether to just give notice or hang in there until I find another...

Sammy in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 38 months ago

First job fiasco - 2 Replies

My first experience has been disgusting. I also know a few people that say finding a decent dentist to work for is looking for a needle in the stack...

Nicole Leigh in Lake Forest Park, Washington

RDA in Washington State

Hi, I'm planning on attending school for dental assisting in January. I'm looking into Dental Assistant Training Center, its a short term school...

blondedorkette72 in Fresno, California

Starting wage for Western Dental in Southern California

Hi, just curious if anyone knows any info about the starting wages and experience needed to work there, because I will be a new grad. Thanks.

blondedorkette72 in Fresno, California

jobs in southern califonia

I am attending dental assisting school starting in October of this year, and after I am finished my family and I plan to move to southern CA around...

Updated 38 months ago

Relocating to Florida - 1 Reply

has anyone moved to the sunshine state with several years (13) of experience(Expanded duties, x rays, polishing, etc.) but not graduated from an...

Good/Bad offices in Bradenton/Saragota fl

So, how are the Doctors in Bradenton/Saragota Florida. What offices should I stay away from and what offices are good? What about the clinics out... in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

gotta stick with it and work in a teaching hospital with OMFS program... preferrable Level One Trauma Ctr... I made 72K per year as Manager after man...

someone in Phoenix, Arizona

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant?

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant? in az or anywhere? just wondering

someone in Phoenix, Arizona

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant?

what is the highest paid specialty for a dental assistant? in az or anywhere? just wondering

Lauren in Wimberley, Texas

Updated 38 months ago

Obtaining your license in Texas - 11 Replies

A law was passed 4 years ago that require dental assistants in the state of Texas to obtain a license through the Texas State Board of Dental...

Gaby in San Jose, California

Updated 39 months ago

RDAEF positions in Los Angeles? - 2 Replies

I'm an RDAEF with 23 years in the dental assisting field and I'm finding it VERY difficult to find a dentist willing to pay for the duties I perform....

Bradenton fl.

I will be moving to Bradenton Fl soon. Does anyone work in this area? If so can you tell me about the doctors and clinics there? What is the going...

Lala2 in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Updated 39 months ago

working with N2O while pregnant - 8 Replies

Can anyone give me an idea of how dangerous it is to work on pt's that are on N2O while you are pregnant? I did not do it while I was pregnant and...

R Jay in West Orange, New Jersey

Clinical Dental Assistant vs Administrative Dental Assistant

Hello Everyone, Is this a course to become an unregistered dental assistant? It...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.