1 month into DA school, starting to feel discouraged

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

imperfectdisaster in hindman, Kentucky

32 months ago

I'm in an accredited DA school, only 1 month in but I'm starting to feel discouraged. Sometimes I feel like I'm not catching on as quickly as the other girls, and my confidence is really taking a nose-dive. Maybe I'm just still intimidated (plus I think sometimes I tend to over-think things), but I feel like I ask stupid questions and look totally clueless (deer in headlights), and already making silly mistakes while everyone else seems to jump right in and know what they're doing. I feel like our main instructor is beginning to think I'm the underdog... and I hate that feeling. The classes are just very fast-paced and I'm trying to come up with a better way of getting ahead of the game versus falling behind everyone else. I'm doing well when it comes to written work and exams, its just the hands-on stuff that is getting to me. There are just so many little details to keep up with. I don't plan on quitting or giving up at all, I just wonder if anyone out there might have some tips for me on how to survive this year of DA school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.