Dental Assisting Program in Austin Texas?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

SWILL in Austin, Texas

50 months ago

I need some advice on the best school to attend for Dental Assisting in Austin, TX. I've become so frustrated searching online. Everest Institute has gotten some pretty awful reviews. Has anyone heard anything about Allied Health Careers?

Also: how much did it cost, how hard was it to find a job and how long did the program take?

Thanks for the help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sara in Austin, Texas

48 months ago

Go to Dental Essentials School in Southwest Austin, this is the best school ever!! Great staff and hands on! I got a job right out of school!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann

40 months ago

Allied Health Careers has a great dental assisting program. My daughter graduated from there and works as an orthodontic assistant and she loves her job. The school did a good job preparing her for the career. If you want focused, hands on training, I recommend Allied. Isn't it interesting how the person who says they used to work there and had such negative things to say couldn't stand behind their words by putting their name on the comment? To me, that speaks louder than the words he/she wrote.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dental Assistant in Cedar Park, Texas

34 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michele Holt in Leander, Texas

18 months ago

I am the Admissions Director at The Center for Dental Professionals. Looking for the right program can be frustrating, but taking time to do your research is very important. TWC has a detailed report of every school and their completion and employment numbers. When looking into a program check these and also visit the school. Make sure you have all of the information regarding the program so you can make an informed decision. This is your career and finding the right fit for your personal needs is imperative. It is not only the cost of the program or the length, but their success rates. Also, call some dental offices and get their feedback on who they would hire from or recommend. The chairside training is such an important part of your confidence and success. Make sure wherever you go you will have plenty of actual chairside training with doctors and patients. Wish you all the best!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.