EFDA Salaries

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Kathy in Orlando, Florida

70 months ago

I saw in this Forum, that EFDAs do $35-45 per hour, however you have to do special classes, which are only in California now. You have to bring your dentist and 5 patients that to pass an exam then. People confuse very often who is EFDA, who allowed to do this task, permanent fillings: composites and amalgams. It's a special additional certification. Who ever, who do that, can't earn $8-10 per hour, it's just ridiculous. It's for beginners, who don't have any education at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

stacey in Stewartstown, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

EFDA in Pottstown, Pennsylvania said: Yes- I did complete a 2 year ADA approved program, taken my PA boards, received my EFDA license, X-Ray license, etc. I have invested over $18K in my education. I have been employed for 2 years doing all that EFDAs are certified to do- completing amalgam and composite restorations, temp crowns, etc. I would just like to know what I am worth as far as the payscale goes in Pottstown, PA.
Thanks! =)

I have seen 25 to 35 per hour...hope that helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

efda in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Thanks, Stacey! It does! I know I am underpaid. I just need some proof to bring to my employer to show them what I should earn.
Thanks, again!
~Heather

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

StaceyinDetroit in Michigan

69 months ago

wow $18 buck an hr for an efda dental assistants in philly are making $18 an hour or more working in center city. You are definitely underpaid.

Doc Weston in Reading, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

We are hoping to hire an experienced EFDA for our reading PA office. Please contact us thru our www.WestonCenter.us or www.Weston-Center.com website if you are interested in interviewing for the position. Dr Weston Pay would be dependent upon experience and would start at least at $19 with a raise after 90 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Media, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

I am a dental assistant with 13 years experience and I have just become EFDA. Looking for a job that wants an EFDA in there office,Unfortunatley the office Im in isnt interested! looking in PA some where around the main line or collegeville king of prussia area! anyone know of someone looking?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous8989 in king of prussia, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Kim,
Try Upper Merion Dental
They use EFDAs and have many other offices too!
Good Luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.