FIND THE DENTIST OFFICE HIRE ME WHY IT IS TOO HARD?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia

83 months ago

Hi everyone
I live in Marietta now.After i graduated from dental assistance couse in 2 months ago i could not find a job until now. Can everyone in this area know which dentics office need dental asisitng right now. I fell so disaponted when i find a job in this feild is too hard. I do not know how to right the imprssive application to the dentist i want to work for.Can you give me your idea or example.Thank you and wating for your idea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Felecia in Stone Mountain, Georgia

83 months ago

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi everyone
I live in Marietta now.After i graduated from dental assistance couse in 2 months ago i could not find a job until now. Can everyone in this area know which dentics office need dental asisitng right now. I fell so disaponted when i find a job in this feild is too hard. I do not know how to right the imprssive application to the dentist i want to work for.Can you give me your idea or example.Thank you and wating for your idea

Be yourself?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Felecia in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Be yourself?

Hi my friend,
I try to understand what do you try to tell me?But it is very diificult for me. You know what, i am not really feel confident because i just been American 2 Years.English is my second language. I feel someone can disagree because i am not from America. Do you think i am right when i am thingking like that. I can work very hard and learn fast. Some friend of mind they from America,they said some dentist office they do not want to hire people from another conuntry because they do not want to have problem because i can not understand clearly sometime. Can you tell me what do i need to do now. I really need oppotunity to show them what i got
Thank you for you suggestion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Felecia in Stone Mountain, Georgia

83 months ago

Debbie in Chesapeake, Virginia said: I sorry to say I found many errors (spelling) in you comment, this could be one of the reasons you can not find work in dental.

OK! Get A Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Chesapeake, Virginia

83 months ago

Good Luck with your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Debbie in Chesapeake, Virginia said: Good Luck with your career.

Thank you for your idea. English is my second language. You are right,i had alot of errors in my comment.I am not really confident to go to get a job in dental feild bacause i still need learn more english. But i paid 3000 usd for studing dental assistant, i can not give up. I am so sad now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Look for dentist from other countries, that also have language barriers with a office in your area. Do not give up. Also go to your local library for low cost classes for English, as the second language. Start by reading to yourself everyday and look in the mirror as you read. Ask a dental office to allow you to shadow the Dental Asst. or the Dentist, do this during the day if possible and work in food serve at night.I wish you luck. Stop by the Dental Offices do not call, face to face is best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Hi dear,
i feel so happy when i reeive your ideas.I will try to do like you told me. I had alot of time to go to dentist office to ask them can i come to their office for volunteers.The people work in front told me leave my phone number and they will tell with doctor.But they never call back to me. How i can meet doctor,i do not want to talk with the people work in front because i am scary they did not give my phone number to the docter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Fax me a list of the Dentist you go to or have left your phone # with and I will call them. My fax # is 757-495-1984 Fax me your school information and a resume also.Are you male or female? Sincerely.

82 months ago

Debbie in Chesapeake, Virginia said: Fax me a list of the Dentist you go to or have left your phone # with and I will call them. My fax # is 757-495-1984 Fax me your school information and a resume also.Are you male or female? Sincerely.

It's me again,
I am so happy when you hlep me like this.I want to say thank you to you alot. I will sent them for you tomorrow when i find all information. I am a female

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

alex

82 months ago

Debbie , I also speak Loan's language and I want to say I am impressed that you took the time and attention to really help Loan with her quest for a job. I salute and commend you.

alex from Florida

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

alex

82 months ago

Debbie , I also speak Loan's language and I want to say I am impressed that you took the time and attention to really help Loan with her quest for a job. I salute and commend you.

alex from Florida

82 months ago

Hi Ana, i want to say thank you to you when you took your time to help me. I did not know have alot of vietnames dentist until you told me. Are you vietnames too? i want to say thank you again to you, my friend

Ana in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

Hi Loan,

No I am from Panama, my original language is Spanish, but my grandfather was Chinese. That's as close as I get. But I understand about the language. When I moved to USA, 19 years ago, i knew a lot of english but my pronunciation was terrible. And then I went to live in Columbus, Georgia, I did not understand a word that people was saying to me. It was funny sometimes though. A co-worker one time stop talking to me because I never understood what she said, and I used to think, "if she would just finish the words" lol. I was relieved though because I did not have to try to understand her again. lol. There are a lot Nguyen right where you live in Marietta and Smyrna, ain't that something? Good luck with your search.

Michelle in New York, New York

82 months ago

Hello I think you have to be persistent. I only wanted to work at one dental office. It was of Dr. Shawn Sadri. He's very well known for cosmetic work in New York City. So I went there I told them I'd work for free for a month and if they liked me they could hire me. Now I work there full time. Keep your head up Im sure it will work out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Hi Ana. I have a very hard time like you had before right now. I try to read book and improve my english day by day. Its make me feel disapointed sometime. I will try to get over everything. My phone number is <Edited by Host: Contact Information Removed> We can be friend if you want too. Thank you again for all your help.

82 months ago

Dear Michelle,
Thank you to give me your oppinion. You known what? i am going to do the same what you told me maybe next week. I have to work for them one month free to let them see what i get.I just so scare after one month they will not hire me. But it is ok right? thanks alot my friend

sarah in Ottawa, Ontario

82 months ago

make no spelling mistakes

82 months ago

Hi Sarah. I am sorry but i do not understand what do you try to tell me? "make no spelling mistakes". Did you mean this comment i just posted was had mistakes or i did have mistakes and have to fix? Thank you Sarad

Ana in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi Ana. I have a very hard time like you had before right now. I try to read book and improve my english day by day. Its make me feel disapointed sometime. I will try to get over everything. My phone number is We can be friend if you want too. Thank you again for all your help.

Hi Loan, How are you doing, just checking on you to see if you were able to contact any of the Nguyen dentist in the list. I, for some strange reason, did not know about this message, it was supposed to go to my mailbox but maybe went through the filter. I saw it today. Let me know how did it go.

Ana

Heidi in Long Beach, California

71 months ago

Hi Loan, I have the same problem as your. I'm viet so i can understand how u feel. It took me a long time to find a dental office that hired me. It's took time to find it, but just hang in there am sure some dental place going to hired u...... GOOD Luck

di in Wyckoff, New Jersey

71 months ago

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi Sarah. I am sorry but i do not understand what do you try to tell me? "make no spelling mistakes". Did you mean this comment i just posted was had mistakes or i did have mistakes and have to fix? Thank you Sarad

Hi, you may also want to try any Medical/Dental Universities that usually will hire people, full time, part time, or per diem(as they need you to work). You may need to be a CDA/RDA and have a dental X-Ray license. Good Luck! English is not an easy language to learn quickly..practice...practice... : )

Dr. Gomez

70 months ago

Dentist located in Woodhaven, Queens, NY, is looking for bi-lingual/spanish, dental/office assistant.

Teresa Wright in Oxford, Alabama

70 months ago

Debbie in Chesapeake, Virginia said: I sorry to say I found many errors (spelling) in you comment, this could be one of the reasons you can not find work in dental.

There are many errors in your spelling. How are you going to find out anything if you don't want to except the truth. She wasn't being mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Betty in Cary, Illinois

70 months ago

I'm starting my dental assistant class next week,I'm very apreensive because I'm not that young anymore and I'm looking into start this new page in my life,Do you know how can I also get a X-Ray license?Is it hard to find a job with no experience?

MA1 in Wyckoff, New Jersey

69 months ago

Dental Assisting is going to require a lot of time on your feet..that also depends on the doctor if he sits or stands during procedures...I am older as well and have done Oral Surgery Assisting for 16 plus years..right now i am looking into another area of surgery...standing all day gets a little tiresome.you can push through the day but at the end your typically exhuausted if you do.
starting a new career is always exciting no matter what the age. just keep in mind do you want to be depended on solely or do you want to work in an office with multiple staff to help carry the load..dental assiting is rewarding if you really enjoy working with the public and like to talk..as you can see from this and many forums not too many people are happy but your job is what you make of it...if you are really intrested in helping people and "teeth" because that is what you will be working with all day as well then go for it...but do not expect high pay as so many do in the begining. hopefully, you will have a good doctor who treats staff well...which is far and few as you probably have seen on this forum..i worked for an excellent oral surgeon for 14 years then he retired and hired someone who did not appreciate staff..he wanted me their for my experience so he did not struggle during surgery but he did not keep his promises on raises etc...so i in a way left the the practice and collecting unemployment. Ultimately, he fired me because i was "fed up" with the broken promises etc...
So check into the field before you invest time and money...make sure this is something you really want to do...maybe observe some offices as they work...many dentists will have someone as extra help so you are helping the main assistant..
as far as dental X-Ray Licensure...check into some Dental Study Institutes in your area they often give courses throughout the year to prep you for the state test usually given at one of the Universities in your area...
hope this helps
MA1

Betty in Cary, Illinois

69 months ago

Hello MA1,
Thank you for your comment,I enjoy working with people,I have worked in the airline business for more than 10 years and it was the best job ever,with good days and bad days as any other job,mostly good.I am going through with this class and very excited about it,most of the dentists I know are great with their employees and I'm sorry you had a bad experience on your last working days there.Right now I work in retail,lots of fun and meet new people everyday but I don't see myself retiring there.I have checked employment listings and I noticed that all ask for at least 1 to 2 years of experience.We will see.Thank you again for your input,and tell me more what you liked about your job for all those years.

Norm in Rochester, Minnesota

65 months ago

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia said: Thank you for your idea. English is my second language. You are right,i had alot of errors in my comment.I am not really confident to go to get a job in dental feild bacause i still need learn more english. But i paid 3000 usd for studing dental assistant, i can not give up. I am so sad now

Spend some time here:
www.manythings.org/ ** Listen and mimic/repeat. to make same sounds.
www.eslpod.com/website/index_new.html **Register to download podcasts and text
www.englishskills.com/Links.htm ** Lots of possibilities here

Ana in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Hi Loan, As a dentist assistant I do not think you are required to do the work of a secretary where typing and writing long scripts is required, therefore grammar should not be such a big issue for you specifically. If you excel in what you do there will always be people who wants you around. Let me tell you, I learned English in my country and I found even in offices where I have worked that people who was born here had horrible English mistakes in their reports. Get yourself a good resume, practice your "elevator speech", totally memorize it, smile and do your best. If you get a lemon, make a lemonade. Do not take messages from people who always see the weak parts of you personal, I am pretty sure they are not perfect neither. If their comments are valid then take them and correct or improve what you can and ignore the rest. A constructive criticism never diminishes the person efforts neither humiliates them, but you still can use it to your advantage. Mean people with mean comments are there to push us to do more than what we are doing now. Bless them and go on. No sadness allowed, encourage yourself. Wish you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

vharris in Tupelo, Mississippi

63 months ago

hey,so what if your spelling is off just don't give up and because you speak a differ. lang. don,t mean anything . the more the better just let the star shine and that's you shin, shine,shine.....mrs.harris good luck

Sam in Janesville, Minnesota

60 months ago

Teresa Wright in Oxford, Alabama said: There are many errors in your spelling. How are you going to find out anything if you don't want to except the truth. She wasn't being mean.

Really??? Are we on this forum to have people spell check us. Give me a break. How old are you? Start acting your age!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Happymother in New York, New York

47 months ago

Dental assistant needed. No experienced required. Must be neat, well organized, team work, fast leaner, well groomed, be able to work late and weekend .Working hour are varied. This is a part time job, can lead to a full job. If interested, please email your resumes to happymother11@yahoo.com.

Dr. Howard in Smyrna, Georgia

46 months ago

Ana, I'm really impressed with your constructive comments in this forum. If you are looking to join an awesome dental team(part-time or full time), please reach out to us. Our Grand Opening is in about one month! www.atlantakidsmiles.com

Ana in Marietta, Georgia

45 months ago

Dr. Howard in Smyrna, Georgia said: Ana, I'm really impressed with your constructive comments in this forum. If you are looking to join an awesome dental team(part-time or full time), please reach out to us. Our Grand Opening is in about one month! www.atlantakidsmiles.com

Thank you so much, I am always looking for a seasonal job from August through December. I will contact your office to see if you have a positions available then. I really appreciate your comment.

mary in Lutz, Florida

45 months ago

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi my friend,
I try to understand what do you try to tell me?But it is very diificult for me. You know what, i am not really feel confident because i just been American 2 Years. Can you tell me what do i need to do now. I really need oppotunity to show them what i got
Thank you for you suggestion

I have an idea. Find a city/locale where your nationality has immigrated. I know one area is Flint and Detroit, Michigan. It really surprised me the last time I was in Flint how many immigrants there were from Vietnam and Cambodia.

You will feel at home. You will find cheaper housing. You should find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lana in El Paso, Texas

41 months ago

Hi, I am new in el paso,because I am don't know anybody on my fields(I am RDA), I am will never have a job in el paso,dosimatter what I can and what I know, matter who I am know, right ?This is how is that, this is what was everybody tall me. I am not from ep, so no chance for me there to have any luck. So is not a great opportunity for me in ep, right? Any office where I am apply( I am apply at 28 ofiices in ep) they was tall me:" sorry but you not one of us, we want hire us one peoples , who born and reis in ep, honey, and who is bilingual, you are way to different!" so,who I am? I am not aliens,I am smart, not aglu, I am look good ( but I guees look not meen nothing in ep)! I am know what I can, I am know who I am,but I cant have any chance in this town (because I can call ep city, sorry way to small!) guess no cnance over there for white people at all! Spanish help only spanish people! Becours spanish people never will help or give chance to white! This is true! I just think ep on USA terretory, so should not be any problem for white people, I dont know what is drama over there? Thank you for you time, and thanks for reading.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Marietta, Georgia

40 months ago

Dr. Howard in Smyrna, Georgia said: Ana, I'm really impressed with your constructive comments in this forum. If you are looking to join an awesome dental team(part-time or full time), please reach out to us. Our Grand Opening is in about one month! www.atlantakidsmiles.com

Hi, I took my kids to your office last month, but you were only able to see my daughter, (remember=fashion marketing stuff) and I was delighted with the service. Your charisma is excellent to give confidence to the children. I wish you the best in your new business and will see you again in March next year.

Ana in Marietta, Georgia

40 months ago

Lana in El Paso, Texas said: Hi, I am new in el paso,because I am don't know anybody on my fields(I am RDA), I am will never have a job in el paso,dosimatter what I can and what I know, matter who I am know, right ?This is how is that, this is what was everybody tall me. I am not from ep, so no chance for me there to have any luck. So is not a great opportunity for me in ep, right? Any office where I am apply( I am apply at 28 ofiices in ep) they was tall me:" sorry but you not one of us, we want hire us one peoples , who born and reis in ep, honey, and who is bilingual, you are way to different!" so,who I am? I am not aliens,I am smart, not aglu, I am look good ( but I guees look not meen nothing in ep)! I am know what I can, I am know who I am,but I cant have any chance in this town (because I can call ep city, sorry way to small!) guess no cnance over there for white people at all! Spanish help only spanish people! Becours spanish people never will help or give chance to white! This is true! I just think ep on USA terretory, so should not be any problem for white people, I dont know what is drama over there? Thank you for you time, and thanks for reading.

Where you drinking when you wrote this? LOL! I really think you are playing. But concerning the experience of looking for a job in Texas, I was in San Antonio 21 years ago and felt the same; I am Hispanic but from Central America. So you are not alone! Is probably just a Texas thing.

frustrated in Avon Lake, Ohio

40 months ago

Loan Nguyen in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi everyone

No offense...but you need to use spell and grammar check before going to any dental office.

grammar in Bronx, New York

40 months ago

frustrated in Avon Lake, Ohio said: No offense...but you need to use spell and grammar check before going to any dental office.

I totally agree. It's very important to know how to spell and use grammar properly as those skills are fundamental in ANY job and are a part of effective communication.

jason anders in Pottsville, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

A new and unusual approach to Family Dentistry. One that takes all aspects into consideration. The comfort of the patient, physically, financially and cosmetically.
To Find Dentist...www.smilegeneration.com/

Elizabeth in Yuma, Arizona

29 months ago

Hi I wanted to know if there is any places that will take teen under the age of 18 to volunteer or forshadow a dentist? I'm only 15 and I've loved going to the dentist ever since I was little, ever since I have always wanted to become a dentist. So please may you help me?

Elizabeth in Yuma, Arizona

29 months ago

Hi I wanted to know if there is any places that will take teen under the age of 18 to volunteer or forshadow a dentist? I'm only 15 and I've loved going to the dentist ever since I was little, ever since I have always wanted to become a dentist. So please may you help me?

in San Jose, California

16 months ago

hello everyone ! I have same problem as you too ! I just finished my program in dental assisting . And I am interning in an American office now. Like you said , American dentist never hired you if you from another countries . Unless you speak English fluently . I can say that my English skillis not bad , but sometimes they act like people from another country know nothing even though they work really hard . I have been looking for jobs for one month already and no luck . I don't understand what are they expecting .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.