Other career options?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Buddy in Brampton, Ontario

41 months ago

I've been a Dental Hygienist for 20 years and believe I have just burned out. This year, I let my certification laspe and have not completed the necessary courses and training for my portfolio. Is there other opportunities and options for me? I'm not qualified in other fields, not that computer literate (Hygienist don't need to be). Anybody have any suggestions or have gone through something
similar?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Trussville, Alabama

41 months ago

yes,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Belle in Trussville, Alabama

41 months ago

yes, it is easy to get burned out..... I too give up for burn out and the new computer system..... I have a BS so I may go back in public school system..... as sub..... but now I wish I had stayed with dental.....

41 months ago

Thanks for your feedback. I took Dental Hygiene in College and am not qualified for anything else. At 42, I feel very secluded and also feel that I don't even have the experience needed to get a minimal wage job and start at the bottom in a factory or retail. I'm hoping someone has suggestions for somthing related in my field where I don't need to practive dental hygiene,

41 months ago

*** sorry, I meant to say - where I don't need to "practice" hygiene...

rdh in kingston in Hamilton, Ontario

41 months ago

check out jobs in the dental insurance and supply fields....pay is not bad, and with your qualifications you would get a good pay as well...and you can always learn more about computers..not that hard anymore :) Good luck! and dont give up...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.