Relocating to FL need info on DA to RDH programs and residency

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

AGRusco in Port Orchard, Washington

13 months ago

I live in WA state. I am relocating to S FL after I sale my house (within 6 mos) I am currently going to school to do my preq for dental hygiene. There is a school at BCC in Davie/Ft Lauderdale that I would love to go to. I have not contacted the school regarding the program other than doing my own research online. Does anyone know when you graduate from a DA program what does the state require for you to work as a DA? I was considering doing a program here before I do move one that is 7 mos long then when I relocate I might have a better chance of getting into the program since I am already a DA. The school in FL has a DA to RDH program, but I heard if you take their program then go onto to DH, they prefer students who do that. I am trying to weigh out my options because if I do move w/o doing the training here, I will have to wait a year to gain residency unless anyone has any ideas as how to speed up the process? they only accept students once a year so I will have to apply anyway for next year. I can transfer my job down there and heard I might be able to gain residency faster that way. I would greatly appreciate any advice or information! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.