Transitioning from Dental Assisting to Dental Assitant Instructor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Asia in Silver Spring, Maryland

13 months ago

Hello All!! My name is Asia, or as many of my co-workers and patients call me, Dr.Asia!
I have been in the dental field since 1998. My training was received in the Air Force. I also have worked as a Dental Tech in the Crown/Bridge Dept of a small lab. I have worked chairside a total of about 14/15 years now. My responsibility has pretty much transitioned into Clinical Management/Staff Training, and I'm kind of like a Jack-of-All-Trades in the dental office. The ONLY area I have refused to touch is dealing with insurances. To make a long story short, I REALLY would love to become an instructor, or even create my own program. Not quite sure how to go about doing this. I'm a QDA (I have a feeling I'll need my DANB certification); Xray Certified; and also am in progress of completing my degree in English. Does anyone know how a person gets a job as an instructor or even where to look? I currently live in Md. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also its not particularly about the money, I make a decent salary now, but as an instructor is it wishful thinking to assume I'd be making at least $25-30 per hour?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gerald444 in Washington, District of Columbia

10 months ago

hi Asia just read your email and im a dental Assistant Student would love to get some training from you how much would you charge not rich but willing to pay for some lessons in dental Assistanting some one on one would be great having trouble with learnine how to do xrays cant figure out how to do the parrelling tech inthe mouth dont know how to place it to take a good xray can you help would love to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.