Any tips on taking digital x-rays?!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

kala in Brunswick, Ohio

47 months ago

for posterior pas. just make sure you are keeping the tongue out of the way when you place them down. also make sure your patient is not opening there mouth because that will mess them up too. as long as you are getting them down far enough to see root and the crown of the tooth they will be fine. plus, the angle you put the rin kit in the mouth is going to depend on whether or not you will be able to see the interproximal spaces. make sure the film is parallel with the teeth in posterior ones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

nunez in Pompano Beach, Florida

31 months ago

can anyone please help me! i don't know how to properly place the film correctly in the mandibular anteriors specially the knites! please any one help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cgasparik@comcast.net in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

nunez in Pompano Beach, Florida said: can anyone please help me! i don't know how to properly place the film correctly in the mandibular anteriors specially the knites! please any one help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm current instructor.. what you want to do when placing film in lower ant region is make certain they are open wide and angle the film back... under the tongue area.. dont try to push it down into the vestibule it is painful for the pt. have them lift tongue..and put finger behind film... you or patient... biting down is painful...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

gemsmile in Las Vegas, Nevada

14 months ago

I just recently graduated from dental assisting school and was hired after extern. I know that I am new to the field and it takes time to adjust. So far my digital bite wings suck along with the salary.I really don't like the job.Does it get better with time ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

14 months ago

Does the job get better gemsmile? Depends on the office and personal there. As far as bwx....do the "bisecting angle technique". When you are standing in front of the pt., place the sensor so the posterior portion touches the distal of the last tooth...angling the front away from the ie-1st molar or pm's....sometimes this prevents overlap and is more comfortable for the patient. Also, ck for Max. torus and mand. tori when placing sensor....this is also a good way to remember how to place the sensor...as if they had mand. tori...capice? GL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.