How in the world do i get a job/ foot in the door!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Canadya in Memphis, Tennessee

14 months ago

I recently (9 mo) ago finished da school. I was supposed to be placed (extern) in a good office setting where i thought I would get a job . So before I went out I asked the teachers to help me out . I just moved to a city town and my husband had been layed off. I THOUGHT they would help me out instead they lied and I ended up in a office that kicked me out because of something I said to the dr. and he was very moody and going through family problems(which he brung to the office). So all in all I have been worrying i'll lose my apt. and THANK THE LORD my husband has a job but with 2 kids it's not enough. I cant find a job around memphis/southaven area because they all want 2 yr. experience!! I've been around the world just to get a job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley from texas

10 months ago

Im from tx and going thru the same I graduated 4 months ago still looking an everyone is asking for at least a year. Know im working to part time jobs an ive been told to volunteer an I dnt have time or money for gas to do that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Canadya in Jackson, Mississippi

10 months ago

Oh I know! It's like they want a yr or 2 experience but yet how do you get in just graduating?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lacey in Tulsa, Oklahoma

10 months ago

Dental Assisting is such an odd career, in that most places want you to have your certificates before they hire you and yet, you can't get your certificates unless you work under a dentist for a certain amount of time. My only advice would be to literally drop your resume off at every office in your city and keep calling and hounding. Some of these places obviously had to hire girls with no experience at some point or another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.