Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1281) - Start a Discussion

lienta in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Would a B jeopardize my chance of getting into DH school? - 3 Replies

I am currently a sophmore in college and is currently applying to dental hygiene schools ( I am shooting to get accepted into Baylor dental hygiene...

FlossBoss in Oceanside, California

Updated 11 months ago

Being an RDH in California - 34 Replies

I was curious as to how the market for hygienists is holding up in California? Yes, yes I know that in Canada and in New Hampshire and in other parts...

Bethygirl9 in Madison, Ohio

Updated 11 months ago

Question for Dental Hygienists Licensed in Maryland...........Please Help Meeeee - 4 Replies

I am in the process of getting all my paperwork ready for my MD RDH license. I cant seem to find a dental law book to study for the jurisprudence...

KBurvDHYG in Vancouver, British Columbia

Canadian Hygienist Looking to Move to Australia

Hi there! I am currently a fourth year student in a dental hygiene degree program in Canada. I will be proudly graduating in May after I take the...

Namiboo in Long Beach, California

Updated 11 months ago

Wanting to be a Dental Hygienist; Some questions. - 1 Reply

So, I was a pre-bio major at CSULB (still attending) until I had to take my second semester of my full year general chemistry course. I ended up...

rcrhode in Monroe, Washington

How is the dental hygiene field in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming?

I am looking into moving soon... So I am wondering how the hygiene field is in terms of wages, finding jobs, and demand for Idaho, Montana, and...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 11 months ago

How many years of schooling? - 5 Replies

Do you really only need an associates degree to become a Hygienist? Or do employers prefer a bachelors degree?

Flossem813

Updated 11 months ago

Finding a credits patient in Wisconsin - 3 Replies

Anybody have some insight on how to find a patient for the state boards in Wisconsin? My wife graduated with a Dental Hygiene degree from Milwaukee...

waterbug100 in Chemainus, British Columbia

Updated 11 months ago

Testimonial after graduating in 2012 - 6 Replies

Hey all, I am going to start by saying that after you have done your homework and spoke with actual hygienists and you are still set on becoming a...

still retired in Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Unable to get an interview in Arizona without residing there. - 9 Replies

My son-in-law is a dental hygienist in TX and is trying to relocate to Phoenix. He's having problems getting past the phone interview once he tells...

still retired in Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Being bullied by Admin team- help? - 5 Replies

I am the newest hygienist at a large practice: 3 Dr's, 9 RDHs (4 work at a time), 6 RDAs, & 7 front desk, including the office mgr. It is a typical...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 11 months ago

Are there an large variety of dental hygienist jobs on the West Coast? - 1 Reply

Are there an large variety of dental hygienist jobs on the West Coast? In Southern California ( Los Angeles, long beach) or Northern California (San...

Jodelle in Morris Plains, New Jersey

Updated 11 months ago

Getting into a Dental Assistant program & then becoming a Dental Hygienist? - 7 Replies

I'm thinking about going to this School called First Institute they Offer a 11 month Dental Assistant Program, After I were to graduate from their I...

CP in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Has anyone gotten a Bachelor's in Hygiene and then switched to nursing?

I am wondering if anyone decided to get a Bachelor's Degree in DH and decided it wasn't for them and then switched to nursing? How difficult was this...

Daynah in Oakville, Ontario

Updated 11 months ago

Anyone else going to CADH on October 26th - 46 Replies

Hi everyone I have noticed a number of posts on here with people saying that they were applying to the CADH. Has anyone else recieved their letter of...

Andea in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 12 months ago

National Dental Hygiene Board Exam Course- www.rdhtutors.ca - 8 Replies

Dear Dental Hygiene Student, We are Dental Hygiene Tutors, an on-line state of the art tutoring workshop offering two phases of support to enhance...

Andea in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 12 months ago

Moving to Canada.. Canadian Board Exam Study Guide? - 18 Replies

Hey guys, I just finished taking my national boards here in Houston and I want to take the boards in Canada in September so I can move to...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 12 months ago

Moving to NJ, help with NJ dental hygiene ethics exam - 6 Replies

Hi everybody, I am a licensed RDH in California and I am moving to NJ this summer, I need to take NJ Ethics exam, my questions are: is the NJ...

Ausrine in Vilnius, Lithuania

Updated 12 months ago

Advise for Potential DH Student in GA - 95 Replies

Hi Everyone! I'm a student at Dalton State and I have recently changed my major from Pre-Pharmacy to Pre-Dental Hygiene. I want to enter a dental...

Stacy in Augusta, Georgia

Updated 12 months ago

How long did you take off for maternity leave? - 2 Replies

I'm just so curious to see what others do (or were allowed to). I agree that no one has a CLUE how physically exhausting hygiene is; especially while...

RDH in Spokane, Washington

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene in Spokane Washington - 1 Reply

Hi, I'm an RDH in California and am nervous about the job prospect for RDH's in Spokane WA. I am currently in the process of getting my limited...

AGRusco in Port Orchard, Washington

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene or Radiology? - 1 Reply

I am almost done with most of my preq for both radiology and dental hygiene. Anyone have any insight as to which would be a better career for the...

AnxiousAmy in Royal Oak, Michigan

local anesthesia /nitrious

Im new to Michigan from Wisconsin. I have a local anesthetic license. However here in Michigan a NERB exam is required. Im not sure what my next step...

Sam Eddison in California

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene Outlook - 7 Replies

Hi, I am in college right now studying for dental hygiene, i have just been googling the dental hygiene outlook and came across the one discussion on...

Sam Eddison in California

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene Reciprocity - 4 Replies

I will be attending a Dental Hygiene school in Florida next year. It will take me 21 months to graduate. After I graduate and take the National and...

VeryDiscouragedRDH in Biloxi, Mississippi

Does anyone else regret choosing Dental Hygiene?

I am a newly licensed RDH and I am already regretting the choice. Looking into the field 2 years ago I saw all the postings and positive outlooks...

VeryDiscouragedRDH_omb in Biloxi, Mississippi

Updated 12 months ago

Very interested in a Dental Hygienist career. - 20 Replies

Hi everyone! So my mother worked at children's dental office, I spent a lot of time there when I was younger. I have always deeply wanted to go...

VeryDiscouragedRDH_omb in Biloxi, Mississippi

Updated 12 months ago

Hygiene jobs in Mississippi - 1 Reply

Where are all the hygiene jobs in Mississippi?? I've been looking for permanent work for almost 4 months now! I have handed out numerous resumes....

itslivib in Biloxi, Mississippi

Updated 12 months ago

What else can I do besides dental hygiene? - 27 Replies

Hey guys... ok I've been thinking of going into dental hygiene (being a hygienist), but after doing some research, I can seem to find nothing but...

Updated 12 months ago

rdh still in demand? - 6 Replies

are rdh's still in demand in CA & other states? Is the job outlook good?

Updated 12 months ago

Depressed Dental Hygienist - 13 Replies

After 2 years in the profession. I'm starting to feel very depressed on my situation as a Hygienist. Aside from the low work hours per week...

Cerritos College grad in Placentia, California

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene or RN Nursing?! (California) - 29 Replies

Hi. I am really confused with which career path to take. I do know that DH is flooded right now, and I do not know if things will pick up. I have...

still retired in Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Another RDH program opening - 6 Replies

Really, I think this is ridiculous but it's "business". Another school with a DH program is opening up in NE....just not right. They KNOW the field...

kimberleee88 in Alameda, California

Updated 13 months ago

California Clinical Boards Patient - 290 Replies

Are there any dental hygienists out there who know where I can get a boards patient? I am willing to pay for a reliable patient. I graduated from...

still retired in Texas

Updated 13 months ago

RDH vent about patient - 5 Replies

I just had the worst hygiene patient. Just saw a patient (first time seeing him) who is coming in for the first time for perio maintenance. He had...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 13 months ago

In need of patient for dental hygiene WREB October 2013 in LA - 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am need of a patient for my WREB clinical this october. Anyone know of anyone or where I can find one? Someone who hasnt had a...

CH915 in Avon, Colorado

Updated 13 months ago

Hygiene pay in different parts of the country - 298 Replies

Hello all, I am a Hygienist in TN. I have been licensed for 3 years and currently making 27.5 USD per hour....just wanted to compare wages in...

exp in Massachusetts

Cost for MA : Forsyth School for RDH at Phar. College

I believe the info I have found for the RDH program to train at Forsyth, now located at the Mass. College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Boston,...

Cerritos College grad in Placentia, California

Updated 14 months ago

Would a career in Dental Hygiene suit me? - 13 Replies

Here's a list that should give you a rough idea of my situation and what I'm looking for in a job. I, - Am looking for a job that requires only an...

EllisonRDH in Port Moody, British Columbia

Updated 14 months ago

BC wage for dental hygiene - 50 Replies

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average pay per hour to expect in BC. I am moving there shortly and would like to know in...

Blue in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Updated 14 months ago

Practical Nursing or Dental Hygiene - 9 Replies

I am seeking an opportunity to transition into the health care field I am seriously considering DH over Practical Nursing because I will be done...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 14 months ago

California RDH salary - 57 Replies

I am moving to California in the summer and I heard that on average, a RDH in California gets paid $40-$50 per hour. After reading some blogs I'm...

NewRDHNY in Elmhurst, New York

Updated 14 months ago

Licensure in NY - 1 Reply

Hi everyone. I recently received the score in the mail that I passed the National Board Exam. Hooray! I passed the NERB also (both sections). I am in...

waterbug100 in Duncan, British Columbia

Updated 14 months ago

A Plus Institute - 8 Replies

I have been accepted into A Plus Institute but doubting it since the program coordinator not answering one of my questions that I have e-mailed her...

Candice in Seattle, Washington

Instrument Issue

Hello, I was wondering if anyone first or second year can explain their programs instrument issue process. Im just curious on how the process...

Evergreen3 in Bayside, New York

Updated 14 months ago

Dental Hygiene Outlook? - 5 Replies

I heard that the Dental Hygiene outlook isn't so great now? That people are having hard times finding jobs and I wanted to get real opinions on this....

dch in Irvine, California

Updated 15 months ago

Can dental Hygienist open their own practice? - 67 Replies

I heard this is possible in California and the decision for other state is pending because dentists are against that because they are afraid of...

Shannon in Redwood City, California

Patient needed for WREB in Northern California

I am in much need for a patient for my WREB on August 5. The test is in Stockton Ca, but I have to drive from San Francisco for the exam and would be...

kingsley in Winnipeg, Manitoba

Updated 15 months ago

Dental Hygiene or Physical Therapist Assistant - 51 Replies

Can anyone please give me an insight into which career field is better as far as job growth and career satisfaction. I am looking for a career change...

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 15 months ago

RDH and a bachelors - 1 Reply

I just graduated as an RDH. I'm thinking of getting a bachelors. My community college has a program with a 4 year school so I can get a bachelors in...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.