Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1466) - Start a Discussion

Jennm30 in Maryland

Vacation/Time off issues at my office- curious about your experience

Hey y'all- I have a new issue...seems my office is full of them! I don't want to go into too much detail, but the time off policies here are...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 11 months ago

Where will I make the most as a hygienist? - 2 Replies

I'm going to star applying for jobs soon and I'm wondering if I'll make more money working for a periodontist than for a dentist. So is there where...

RDH in Chula Vista, California

Updated 11 months ago

Anyone applying to California DH schools for 2016?? - 7 Replies

Hey there, I finally finished my prereq's for hygiene(woohoo!!). I'm starting to get my applications together, just wondering if anyone else is...

NovemberGolf in San Jose, California

Updated 11 months ago

Can dental Hygienist open their own practice? - 69 Replies

I heard this is possible in California and the decision for other state is pending because dentists are against that because they are afraid of...

NovemberGolf in San Jose, California

Taller/Muscular/Male chances for employment as RDH

I am 6''0ft 205lbs male that is interested in DH. Before I start the path, I am concerned that maybe my size and gender may have an impact on...

Mk14 in Westport, Connecticut

FLORIDA CSCE STUDY MATERIALS

Any recommendations for the best study materials for the Florida CSCE ??

krbcan in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 12 months ago

4mm and 5mm pockets... very scared and unsure of realistic outcome - 9 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm 33 and went in for a cleaning 2 weeks ago. I haven't been so strict with my homecare and though I was brushing twice a day, I...

trevbeck07@*****.*** in Mankato, Minnesota

Updated 12 months ago

Science - 1 Reply

Once you get into the program, are the classes very science based or more focused on the work? I am struggling with the science pre-reqs right now...

SunFlowerSunShine in Friendswood, Texas

Schools in Houston for Dental Hygienist

Do any of you know of any schools for DH in Houston? Preferably the Clear Lake area? So far all I have seen is dental assisting.

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 12 months ago

How to be more prepared for the law and ethics exam! - 4 Replies

I am a dental hygienist from Connecticut living in California. I recently took the law and ethics exam and was I didn't do well. They would not...

nlw315 in Tustin, California

International Experience in Australia

I'm looking to make the move to Australia using my credentials as a dental hygienist for visa approvals. Anyone have experience in doing this? I've...

jessi in Winfield, British Columbia

Updated 13 months ago

DH program at Canadian National Institute of Health in Ottawa, ON worth while??? - 107 Replies

Hi - I am considering applying to CNIH in Ottawa, Ontario for fall 2009 start date. I am making a career change from the arts to the medical...

Ajimenez in Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Scaling and root planing and prophy too? - 15 Replies

So the doctor tells me to do a prophy on the patient and have them come back 3 weeks later so I can do the scaling and root planing. See I don't...

k46nguye in Guelph, Ontario

Interested in Dental Hygiene in Ontario

Hi, I recently just graduated from University. However, my program was very broad so I am considering going back to school but doing dental hygiene....

Brooke in Big Lake, Minnesota

Dental Assistant then continue to hygienist?

Hi I'm currently working towards my AAS in dental hygiene, however recently I was thinking about just doing assistant for now. I live 55 minutes from...

VFK in Tempe, Arizona

Updated 13 months ago

Local Anesthesia Course in AZ - 3 Replies

Hey,I recently move to Phoenix from a state that did not allow hygienists to deliver local anesthesia. I am having a difficult time finding a hygiene...

litawinn454 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 13 months ago

Should I go into Dental Hygiene in Southern California? - 9 Replies

I have been reading a lot of the posts on this forum about Dental Hygiene careers and see that you all have been having trouble finding jobs all...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 14 months ago

Should I persue a career in Dental Hygiene? - 1 Reply

I am currently taking prerequisites at the local community college to try and get into the Dental Hygiene program, I've always loved going to be...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 14 months ago

Dental hygiene acceptance - 2 Replies

Hello. I'm currently taking my prereqs to become a dental hygienist. I know it's a competitive field. I just wanted some input from some of the...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 14 months ago

Dentalhygine to become dentist - 1 Reply

Hey guys, I am 24 and work full time bartending, and just recently got accepted into the dental hygiene program in my area, and I intend on...

Shan in El Dorado Hills, California

Updated 14 months ago

Western Career College vs. Sacramento City College - 127 Replies

I am new to the board and have been reading the posts for the past few days. VERY HELPFUL thank you everyone! I am learning so much about the dental...

Anonymous in Kingman, Arizona

Pto time request

The company I currently work for is considered a corporation, although a fairly new one. They are asking I give three months notice for requesting...

Mbssmilecoach@*****.*** in Chicago, Illinois

LA study guide

Suzie, could you please send me the study guide that you so graciously have put together for us fellow hygienists? I would truly appreciate it!...

Michael H in Mercer Island, Washington

Updated 15 months ago

Can I as a hyginest refuse to take a patient's x-ray - 19 Replies

If the patient is pregnant, can I refuse to take the patient's x-ray or I am mandated to take the x-ray if the doctor tells me to take it. Where does...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 15 months ago

Dental Hygienist..Help!! - 4 Replies

Im 17 and im takin classes to get my Ged i would love to become a Dental Hygienist,but im not sure how hard its guna be because all im going to have...

Lsr in Norcross, Georgia

Hygiene school

I'm wondering if someone can help me out here, I'm going to school, private school, and I just started clinic and we were told that the school had...

Doaa in Richmond, California

Updated 16 months ago

California Clinical Boards Patient - 292 Replies

Are there any dental hygienists out there who know where I can get a boards patient? I am willing to pay for a reliable patient. I graduated from...

Wandering in Rexburg, Idaho

Cold Sores-Big deal or no problem?

I'm a student working on a project that involves cold sores and how they affect dentists and hygienists and I need some opinions. How big of a deal...

nlw315 in Tustin, California

Updated 16 months ago

USA RDH moving to Australia,please help - 2 Replies

Hello!I need help with getting RDH license in Australia.My husband got job offer and it means I ll have workvisa too.I found from Australia RDH board...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 17 months ago

Hustle Dental Offices - 2 Replies

Has anyone else noticed there are a certain number of dental offices that don't want you to actually clean the patients teeth, because most people...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 17 months ago

How long to wait after prophy to SRP?! - 2 Replies

This mainly applies to existing patients at a practice. Say you're seeing a patient for his/her 6mrc and they end up needing SRP. Typically, I will...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 17 months ago

17 Year Old Planning to be a Dental Hygienist - 12 Replies

I am planning to be a Dental Hygienist when I graduate high school and I am going out of my mind with questions! Answers please! 1. What is a...

KIngram in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Updated 17 months ago

Should I or should I not? - 96 Replies

i am in school full time and finishing my pre reqs for alot of programs. I know for sure that i want to be in the medical field but am not sure...

navi in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 17 months ago

A Canadian writing the American DH Boards - 5 Replies

Has any Canadian written the American DH boards? I just found out that there are 5 exams. Does anyone know the process? Do i have to contact a...

Melanie in Bronx, New York

Nerb local anesthesia exam

Hi Suzy~ can you send me the study guide everyone is talking about? I would really appreciate it. My email is jcostello3013@live.com.

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 17 months ago

Should I go to NYU Dental Hygiene school? - 1 Reply

I have to decide in like 2 days, but considering that I will be receiving a second Bachelors in 2.5 years (I already graduated from a top-tier UC...

dentistry3399 in Los Angeles, California

NYU vs USC vs West LA Dental Hygiene

Hello, Which one is better..NYU and USC $150K+, West LA $25K. NYU and USC better reputation, more jobs? West LA..community college...

Nicole in Santa Ana, California

Updated 18 months ago

Moving to Canada.. Canadian Board Exam Study Guide? - 23 Replies

Hey guys, I just finished taking my national boards here in Houston and I want to take the boards in Canada in September so I can move to...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 18 months ago

Dental Hygiene instead of Dental School? (wanted a fresh perspective) - 1 Reply

Hello all, I currently have a Bachelors from a top UC school, and I have done most of my pre-reqs for dental school, but since I am getting a bit...

dentistry3399 in Los Angeles, California

Updated 18 months ago

Southern California Unemployed Dental Hygienist - 23 Replies

Hi I was just wondering if I am the only one? I used to have a one day a week job for a slow office. I have seven years of clinical hygiene...

Elle in Dallas, Texas

Please advise me

I wanted to take up Biology then Dental school but I'm thinking what if I don't get accepted at the Dental school right away? What kind of job am I...

JillRDH2016 in Calgary, Alberta

Updated 18 months ago

What Is The Wage Per Hour In Lethbridge Alberta??? - 1391 Replies

Can anyone tell me what the wage per/hour is in Alberta. Lethbridge? Calgary? Edmonton? Red Deer? Medicine Hat?

dental hyg23 in Bronx, New York

i want study dental hygienist in orlando, florida!!

Hello!! Some can tell me if is to hard study dental hygienist in orlando? Im living in ny now and i want to move to florida!! Tell me about the...

dental hyg23 in Bronx, New York

Updated 18 months ago

Hygiene Degree - 637 Replies

I've graduated the hygiene diploma program seven years ago and I'm getting kinda bored with hygiene. I've been thinking about taking the completion...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 18 months ago

Dental hygiene - 1 Reply

Hello, I have been reading the many discussions and many people are referring to the local anesthetic NERB study guide. I will be taking mine in...

Jlaurencio in Mountain View, California

Dental hygiene school being an international student

Hi! I'm right now 35 years old guy from Venezuela and I want a real change on my life,I'm planning to study DH in the US, Canada or Australia, do you...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 19 months ago

Negative Enviroment - 1 Reply

I've temped in a lot of dental offices, waiting for the right fit. I've seen so often people I work with, whether it's dentists, other hygienists,...

sandy in London, United Kingdom

Updated 19 months ago

canadian hygienist wants to move to uk - 2 Replies

i am a registered hygienist in canada and desperately want to work in the uk. are there any jobs? (the job market in ontario is saturated, at lease...

Nicole in Santa Ana, California

Updated 19 months ago

What's the best private college for DH in Toronto?!?! - 1 Reply

Please help me to find the right school, I'm really interested in DH and I private schools because they have shorter semesters and smaller classes....

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 20 months ago

NEED A DENTAL HYGIENIST TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR SCHOOL PROJECT - 1 Reply

Why did you choose this career? Did you always know you wanted to do this type of work for a career? What education and special training did you...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.