Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1269) - Start a Discussion

exp

Updated 8 months ago

Moving to NJ, help with NJ dental hygiene ethics exam - 6 Replies

Sandy, Contact the CA DH com. , they can direct you to websites and or sites to download materials in 2013...GL on exams and licensing process.

Ausrine

Updated 8 months ago

Advise for Potential DH Student in GA - 95 Replies

Hello, would you be interesting in job as teeth whitener?

Stacy

Updated 8 months ago

How long did you take off for maternity leave? - 2 Replies

I don't have anyone to look after the baby while we work.Our friends also work full time with school-aged children.Most of our family is in Fl. Our...

RDH

Updated 9 months ago

Dental Hygiene in Spokane Washington - 1 Reply

[QUOTE who="Marjorie in San Diego, California"]Hi, I'm an RDH in California and am nervous about the job prospect for RDH's in Spokane WA. I am...

AGRusco

Updated 9 months ago

Dental Hygiene or Radiology? - 1 Reply

anyone have any words of wisdom? has anyone heard of Pima? they offer both programs and I was planning on meeting with them this week to check out...

AnxiousAmy

local anesthesia /nitrious

Im new to Michigan from Wisconsin. I have a local anesthetic license. However here in Michigan a NERB exam is required. Im not sure what my next step...

Sam Eddison

Updated 9 months ago

Dental Hygiene Outlook - 9 Replies

I'm an Dental Hygienist here in CA, with 7+ years of experience in my field I am struggling to find any jobs, I have been jobless, zero opportunities...

Sam Eddison

Updated 9 months ago

Dental Hygiene Reciprocity - 4 Replies

Dental Hygiene Jobs are practically in a none existence phase right now and have been for the last 5 years declining and slowly disappearing. I have...

VeryDiscouragedRDH

Does anyone else regret choosing Dental Hygiene?

I am a newly licensed RDH and I am already regretting the choice. Looking into the field 2 years ago I saw all the postings and positive outlooks...

VeryDiscouragedRDH_omb

Updated 9 months ago

Very interested in a Dental Hygienist career. - 20 Replies

DONT DO IT! Listen to all the warnings because it is not what it's cracked up to be. It's extrememly oversaturated, in a lot of areas from my...

VeryDiscouragedRDH_omb

Updated 9 months ago

Hygiene jobs in Mississippi - 1 Reply

Yes THANK YOU...I have also been looking for permanent work since the summer and it seems to be nonexistent in MS.. and what's even more upsetting is...

itslivib

Updated 9 months ago

What else can I do besides dental hygiene? - 27 Replies

Take it from me, I'm not too far away and things here are not looking great! I've had my license since July and have 0 job prospects. Very...

itslivib

Updated 9 months ago

rdh still in demand? - 6 Replies

EXTREMEMLY SLOW IN MISSISSIPPI :( Very discouraging for this newly licensed RDH... Ive had my license since July and still have not landed a job....

itslivib

Updated 9 months ago

Depressed Dental Hygienist - 13 Replies

I am unfortunately in a smaller area and have def felt the impacts of an OVERSATURATED CAREER. I am a new RDH (licensed this summer) and I have yet...

Cerritos College grad

Updated 9 months ago

Dental Hygiene or RN Nursing?! (California) - 29 Replies

Sounds like you're worried about not being able to get into the DH program of your choice. What about the lack of job availability? Isn't that a...

still retired

Updated 9 months ago

Another RDH program opening - 6 Replies

Very true about insurance. Its sad when insurances dictates the outcome of our duties. PPl work hard for ANY insurance and seems they win out more...

kimberleee88

Updated 9 months ago

California Clinical Boards Patient - 290 Replies

did any of you ladies pass? just wondering because i didn't :(

still retired

Updated 10 months ago

RDH vent about patient - 5 Replies

Thanks EXP. Its ok. Im ok. Ive learned being at work can be difficult on some days and and how to handle the difficult patient~somewhat. I have...

exp

Updated 10 months ago

In need of patient for dental hygiene WREB October 2013 in LA - 3 Replies

[QUOTE who="SiennaMc in Mission Viejo, California"]Thanks for your reply! I did not go to school here so would they still let me grab their patients?...

CH915

Updated 10 months ago

Hygiene pay in different parts of the country - 298 Replies

[QUOTE who="algutie. in Saint Petersburg, Florida"]What is the average pay for Seattle, WA.??????[/QUOTE] I moved to Colorado from South King...

exp

Cost for MA : Forsyth School for RDH at Phar. College

I believe the info I have found for the RDH program to train at Forsyth, now located at the Mass. College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Boston,...

Cerritos College grad

Updated 10 months ago

Would a career in Dental Hygiene suit me? - 14 Replies

Michael, I find it so bizarre that you're looking for mind-numbingly boring work and don't mind if you're not given any respect for your job!...

EllisonRDH

Updated 10 months ago

BC wage for dental hygiene - 51 Replies

Why would you not take into account over saturation? That is the whole point -that regardless of what your education is, there are NO JOBS. IT...

Blue

Updated 10 months ago

Practical Nursing or Dental Hygiene - 9 Replies

[QUOTE who="waterbug100 in Duncan, British Columbia"]@Blue..please don't encourage VPK to do DH..she's in Canada, and we don't have really any...

exp

Updated 11 months ago

California RDH salary - 59 Replies

TF101....I think in the Northeast area, CA , Hawaii and Fla...are the hardest to relocate too...because many wish to live in those states. Have you...

NewRDHNY

Updated 11 months ago

Licensure in NY - 1 Reply

Just sent out the licensure form to the Office of Professions and went to my school with the Certification of Professional Education, letting them...

waterbug100

Updated 11 months ago

A Plus Institute - 8 Replies

jin...the DH job situation is very bad in Canada..anywhere in Canada. Please read all the threads on this forum..you will read many sad stories of...

Candice

Instrument Issue

Hello, I was wondering if anyone first or second year can explain their programs instrument issue process. Im just curious on how the process...

Evergreen3

Updated 11 months ago

Dental Hygiene Outlook? - 5 Replies

[QUOTE who="exp in Massachusetts"]Ditto.....your friends might be fine at present...but you never know how many resumes are coming into the office...

dch

Updated 12 months ago

Can dental Hygienist open their own practice? - 68 Replies

sad but true with all the classes we had to take in health sciences .....there are alot of other occupations the need folds like us! time to re...

Shannon

Patient needed for WREB in Northern California

I am in much need for a patient for my WREB on August 5. The test is in Stockton Ca, but I have to drive from San Francisco for the exam and would be...

kingsley

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene or Physical Therapist Assistant - 52 Replies

[QUOTE who="kingsley in Winnipeg, Manitoba"]Thank you for your reply. Am going to take up a different path.. Who else has an idea about the pros...

RDHCJ

Updated 12 months ago

RDH and a bachelors - 1 Reply

I am sorry you picked RDH as a major because the job market is terrible and just getting worse in all of the USA. Plus it can take years of work...

RDHCJ

Updated 12 months ago

THE GRAPH.... - 9 Replies

Agreed. I made a whopping 11,000 last year because there aren't enough jobs. Oh and that's without any benefits.

Mary

I have no clue how to get into dental school from a community college! help

So im about to go into my first year at a community college. My plan for the future is to be a dentist. I understand that the dental schools i have...

still retired

Updated 12 months ago

Any DH happy with their career choice??? - 706 Replies

[QUOTE who="SBRDH in miami beach, Florida"][ who="still retired in Texas"]Dental assitants in Texas are NOT allowed to scale patients...

Meryem

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygiene Clinical Exam in FL - 6 Replies

Hi everyone , I would like to ask you that dental hygiene clinical exam two times a year right or not , summer and winter in Palm Beach College ....

SmileyTeeth in Passaic, New Jersey

If I get a NJ license how can I change to NY license if I want to?

I am thinking of going back to school for dental hygiene. If I attend a school in New Jersey and become licensed in New Jersey can I also become...

SBRDH in miami beach, Florida

Updated 12 months ago

Dental Hygienist Schools in Dallas - 1 Reply

I'm currently a RDA and I have been for a little over a year know. The pay isn't so great so I decided to go back to school for hygiene because I do...

Superfluous RDH in Ottawa, Ontario

Updated 13 months ago

NAIT wants to incorporate scaling into their program - 3 Replies

I heard (and confirmed) that NAIT is planning on changing their Dental Assisting Certificate program into a 2 year diploma program which includes...

waterbug100 in Duncan, British Columbia

Updated 13 months ago

Job market outlook for sunny San Diego - 190 Replies

Hello everyone. I am beginning my science prereq's for my eventual enrollement in a dental hygiene program and would like to know how the job...

WhiteKat in Ottawa, Ontario

Updated 13 months ago

dental hygienist schools and job outlook for future - 30 Replies

Hey. im a male from the Bahamas who is interested in dental hygiene. i want to find a great DH school in either florida or Texas around the Houston...

still retired in Texas

Updated 13 months ago

Working Interview - 25 Replies

Hiya! Like many of you in the Central region, I cannot find a job either, so the decision has been made to move to another state. I have been out of...

mcary222 in Stockton, California

Updated 13 months ago

Why do you want to be dental hygiene? - 84 Replies

I still don't know why I want to be a dental hygiene. Yes. flexible hour. I worked in the dentist for 2 yrs, and I love it. Pay is gOod. But that's...

lafrfi in inwood, West Virginia

Updated 13 months ago

NERB Computer Exam - 20 Replies

Can anyone tell me what subjects are covered on the NERB dental hygiene computerized exam? Do you have any study tips? I don't want to study the...

GIARDH in tulsa, Oklahoma

Updated 13 months ago

i want to move to florida how do i? - 184 Replies

I am a Dental Hygienist and i am thinking of moving to florida i am not sure how to go about it. If anyone has any information on how to transfer...

voyons5 in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 13 months ago

HUGE DROP IN WAGES FOR RDH IN BC + IF THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR THE BC HYGIENISTS TO FOR A UNION ? - 95 Replies

THERE ARE NO JOBS IN BC AT ALL ESPECIALLY IN THE LOWER MAINLAND AREA OR SOME DDS ARE OFFERING ONLY $32-$35/HOUR FOR 1 or 2 DAYS/WEEK PART TIME....

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 13 months ago

Commission VS Hourly Wage - 104 Replies

I have been practicing dental hygiene for just about 1 year now. I am currently making an hourly wage however I just got word that the dentist I...

IDIT in Ramat Gan, Israel

Updated 14 months ago

Scaling and arrestin for 4mm pockets? - 174 Replies

I recently went for my regular 6mo cleaning. I am new to the area I am a new patient to this practice. They were running a "special" for new...

Kara in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 14 months ago

Wages in Edmonton and Calgary - 82 Replies

anyone know what current wages for a new grad dental hygienist is in Edmonton and Calgary?

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.