Dental Hygiene Boards/ Patient

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 102)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

CAM in Alpharetta, Georgia

60 months ago

I am registered to take CRDTS exam in GA on Dec 7/8 and can't find a patient. It seems like the patients need a good bit of calculus to quality. Does anyone have a suggestion for finding a patient? Many THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

60 months ago

Here is a place you can try because the economy is so messed up, unemployment office. Somebody there could use the extra change for gas or an outfit for an interview. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hello in York, Ontario

60 months ago

try asking your previous patients, that you worked on during school, if they are willing to get reassesed to see if they qualify for the clinical:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Minneapolis, Minnesota

60 months ago

I JUST took CRDTS almost 3 weeks ago at the University of MN. I found patients for screening by posting an ad on craigslist stating "who wants to make $150"? The price is of your own determination. Also, I listed requirements such as how long it needed to be since they had their teeth cleaned, no serious health risks, smokers/non smokers, day of exam, and they will be paid AFTER the exam. Also, if your screening to include the screening won't be paid for, or (like me) you will compensate $10 to screen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

charlene.pariera in Klamath Falls, Oregon

60 months ago

I am taking the national board exam in December. I am trying to find practice board exams on line that are free does anyone have any links or websites to go to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

robin in Overland Park, Kansas

59 months ago

CAM in Alpharetta, Georgia said: I am registered to take CRDTS exam in GA on Dec 7/8 and can't find a patient. It seems like the patients need a good bit of calculus to quality. Does anyone have a suggestion for finding a patient? Many THANKS!

oh do i feel your pain---- go to beauty colleges and /or beauty salons to seek out patients,most salons don't offer dental insurance and if you pay them a days wage they'll sign right ,,,,take your explorer and mirror...you only need to see a little calculas on the lower anteriors but ask how long it's been since their last cleaning....longer than a year with visable calculas is a sure bet!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LinnRDH in Santa Monica, California

59 months ago

robin in Overland Park, Kansas said: oh do i feel your pain---- go to beauty colleges and /or beauty salons to seek out patients,most salons don't offer dental insurance and if you pay them a days wage they'll sign right ,,,,take your explorer and mirror...you only need to see a little calculas on the lower anteriors but ask how long it's been since their last cleaning....longer than a year with visable calculas is a sure bet!!!!

This would be considered practicing without a license!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

kona2 in Fresno, California

57 months ago

Looking for potential "Board exam" patient who is willing to go to Los Angelous area in July. I can screen possible canidates in San Luis Obispo area or Fresno CA. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sofia Silcox in Milwaukee

57 months ago

How do you become a dental hygienist? What are the requirements to become one? I'm thinking of taking this career if all goes well.

Angela,RDH in Lawrenceville, Georgia

57 months ago

Sofia Silcox in Milwaukee said: How do you become a dental hygienist? What are the requirements to become one? I'm thinking of taking this career if all goes well.

You will need to check with your local colleges and see which ones offer a dental hygiene program. All the programs have their own website, and all the requirements are listed on them. You may also want to set up an appointment with the dental hygiene program director to help answer any questions you may have.

As far as prerequisites go, you will be looking at taking human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, chemistry, etc, and regular core classes. Dental hygiene is a science-based field, as it is healthcare, so keep that in mind when deciding on a major.

TttlyBroke in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

I am taking the Dental Hygiene National Boards and I wanted to know if anybody could remember how much they paid for the exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mandeep in Brampton, Ontario

55 months ago

TttlyBroke in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am taking the Dental Hygiene National Boards and I wanted to know if anybody could remember how much they paid for the exam?

Hi, i believe i paid around 500 dollars for the january 2010 exam.

court in Bowling Green, Kentucky

55 months ago

TttlyBroke in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am taking the Dental Hygiene National Boards and I wanted to know if anybody could remember how much they paid for the exam?

I paid 276.00 for the NBDHE

Ashley in Redding, California

55 months ago

Hi everyone,
I'm about to take the WREB anesthesia next week, and I was wondering if anyone has already taken it and how it was?
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paxwomen in Edmond, Oklahoma

55 months ago

LinnRDH in Santa Monica, California said: This would be considered practicing without a license!!!

That is not practicing without a license. How are you supposed to find a patient if you can't screen them. She just can't clean sub g!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

?? in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

Im deciding whether i should go for denturism or dental hygiene...clearly from what i see denturism would be a better choice...but i still want to know the salary and job availability for both professions...help please

?? in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

yea...according to the course description...im still leaning towards DH bc i like working with people...denturists i guess works only in the lab...right?...but i still want to know more about it before i make my final decision...job environment n the pay if u live in toronto...does anyone know?

LinnRDH in Santa Monica, California

55 months ago

Paxwomen in Edmond, Oklahoma said: That is not practicing without a license. How are you supposed to find a patient if you can't screen them. She just can't clean sub g!!!

Finding a patient can be done by ASKING an office to help you out, or asking a school/the school you attended to let you go in and screen under a LICENSED and AUTHORIZED hygienist/dentists supervision. When I went to school we all screened THERE, although some people had the help of their DDS. The individual is going to be exploring SUBGINGIVALLY - as ANY board test requires removal of SUBGINGIVAL calculus. Going subgingival when your not licensed = PRACTICING WITHOUT A LICENSE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Minh in Fremont, California

55 months ago

Anyone know if you have like 10 W's in other courses (not the required courses), can you still apply to dental hygiene schools?

Anon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

yeah but I think you can't be accepted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Fresno, California

54 months ago

I am taking my ca dh board exam this summer july 10 or 11 at USC and I am looking for my board patient. Anyone have contacts in the central valley that might be able to help me? Anyone interested in being a board patient please email me at akohrt@hotmail.com for more details. Thank you!

2timearound in Columbus, Mississippi

54 months ago

I'm a licensed RDH (in Texas) looking for a board patient for the CITA exam. Have to take this exam because I am trying to get licensed in Mississippi and they don't accept WREB. I live in a rural area and finding a patient is proving SO difficult! I have less than a month! If anyone has any suggestions, please email me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

priyanka in Turlock, California

53 months ago

Hi my name is Priyanka and I am looking for a patient for my exam in USC, LA on june 6th. The patient has to have a lot of deposit on their teeth and in a terrible need of cleaning. Pockets of 4-6mm, no decay between the teeth and nice and smooth fillings if applicable. Basically I am looking for ledges of tartar and calculus. IF you qualify please let me know by replying back to this posting. I am willing to pay between 300-350 plus accommodation/traveling (only if you know for sure that you qualify). Please reply back quickly as I am on a time crunch.

Nick in Pacific Palisades, California

53 months ago

priyanka in Turlock, California said: Hi my name is Priyanka and I am looking for a patient for my exam in USC, LA on june 6th. The patient has to have a lot of deposit on their teeth and in a terrible need of cleaning. Pockets of 4-6mm, no decay between the teeth and nice and smooth fillings if applicable. Basically I am looking for ledges of tartar and calculus. IF you qualify please let me know by replying back to this posting. I am willing to pay between 300-350 plus accommodation/traveling (only if you know for sure that you qualify). Please reply back quickly as I am on a time crunch.

Hi Priyanka! i hope your exam went well... i'm just wondering if the patient you worked on still has a quad left to take to another board exam... i'll be taking mine next month... thanks

Erica in Sheridan, Wyoming

48 months ago

Looking for a Patient who has not had their teeth cleaned in awhile (like 10 plus years). I need a calc 3 for a requirement and they are hard to find here. So if anyone is in the Sheridan, WY area or close by I would love to clean your teeth. I also need to start looking for a boards patient that will take place in May, and I will pay $200 if you qualify.

Lisa in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Looking for a patient to take the NERB exam in April. I'm already licensed in FL & MD but PA won't accept my creditentials from another state. Obviously, need someone in dire need of a cleaning. Any suggestions? Just moved here 2 weeks ago & do not know any dentists. Willing to compensate the patient. Thanks.

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

45 months ago

Lisa in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Looking for a patient to take the NERB exam in April. I'm already licensed in FL & MD but PA won't accept my creditentials from another state. Obviously, need someone in dire need of a cleaning. Any suggestions? Just moved here 2 weeks ago & do not know any dentists. Willing to compensate the patient. Thanks.

Any dental or hygiene schools, who have the regualr patients that come in for dental work or prophy near where you are living? Go and speak with them IN PERSON, offer the school and the pt. comp....tell them of your situation...esp. a dental school. I'm sure you will have a better chance of obtaining a pt. from a dental student who would like a "clean" mouth to work on....google and VISIT in person... GL It's a rough career, if we can still call it that in 2011!

laurie in Virginia Beach, Virginia

45 months ago

I am taking the SRTA this spring. It has been a long time since I last took a board, or worked for that matter. I have a patient, I think! Any bit of advice would be appreciated. I have CA, FL, and NERB. You'd think Virginia would accept one of these, but timing was wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sara in San Juan Capistrano, California

45 months ago

Hi everyone, I live in southern california and I will be taking the clinal dental hygiene board exam on sunday march 6th in san fransisco. Im looking for potential board patients who live in southern california and are willing to go to san fransisco.Ofcourse all travel acomadations along with hotel and meals will be covered by me.I will also compensate the patient for their time as well. If anyone knows someone who might be a potential patient and is willing to travel I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is sara_s2156@yahoo.com Thank you so much!

GingerHobbes in Syracuse, New York

44 months ago

my email address is geraldine105@hotmail.com If you have any information on how I may obtain a patient for the Florida dental hygiene exam, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

newgirl in Virginia Beach, Virginia

44 months ago

laurie in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I am taking the SRTA this spring. It has been a long time since I last took a board, or worked for that matter. I have a patient, I think! Any bit of advice would be appreciated. I have CA, FL, and NERB. You'd think Virginia would accept one of these, but timing was wrong.

Hi. I'll be taking the SRTA this Spring as well. I have NC and FL license but still need to take the SRTA for VA. I was wondering if you've had any luck in finding a patient yet. I'd love to get your thoughts on the upcoming exam.

laurie in Virginia Beach, Virginia

44 months ago

newgirl in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Hi. I'll be taking the SRTA this Spring as well. I have NC and FL license but still need to take the SRTA for VA. I was wondering if you've had any luck in finding a patient yet. I'd love to get your thoughts on the upcoming exam.

no patient yet, but I have a few potentials. I am nervous about the board because I have not practiced in 5 years!! I went to my daughters school and asked the teachers. I offered to pay for a whiting when they are down and to pay to complete the cleaning. Good luck!

44 months ago

laurie in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: no patient yet, but I have a few potentials. I am nervous about the board because I have not practiced in 5 years!! I went to my daughters school and asked the teachers. I offered to pay for a whiting when they are down and to pay to complete the cleaning. Good luck!

i'm in the exact same boat...haven't practiced in 5 1/2 yrs...since my boys were born. i am VERY nervous. i pulled out lots of my old text books, and am trying to get a grasp on the "written" or electronic exam too.
good luck to you as well!

Kirstin in Klamath Falls, Oregon

43 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am planning on taking my WREB clinical exam in Stockton, CA in April. I have tried to find board quality patients but I have yet to find anyone near Klamath Falls, OR to go down there with me. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knew any person who would qualify living in the Stockton or Sacramento area. I would give compensation if the patient qualifies. I need to find a patient either here in Southern Oregon or in Stockton/Sacramento area. Please help me!

Thanks all!

mahe in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

43 months ago

Hi

Has anyone taken the dental hygienist cinical exam in Miami dade college. I would like to know whether they provide the handpiece for the ultasonic unit in the center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Lockport, Illinois

43 months ago

Hi everyone, I am also in the same boat as many of you. I am taking my dental hygiene boards in Chicago Heights, Illinois on April 6th. I have screened a ton of people and havent found ANYONE to meet the requirements. If ANYONE is in this area that knows anyone that would be able to be screened, contact me. P.S. I am taking my clinical boards this Friday and I am SO terrified!

EBH in Miami, Florida

43 months ago

I am taking WREBS in San antonio April 28th- May 2nd. Do not have a patient yet. If there is anyone out there who is also taking at that time and willing to share there patient I will compensate them!!! or.... if anyone knows someone living in the area that would be a candidate please let me know. Im desperate!!!

respond to : brokenskeet@yahoo.com

toothfairi in Lincoln, California

43 months ago

Ashley in Redding, California said: Hi everyone,
I'm about to take the WREB anesthesia next week, and I was wondering if anyone has already taken it and how it was?
thanks!

Ashley,
I am about to take the WREB anesthesia board and have yet to find anyone to give me feedback who has taken it. How did yours go and do you have any tips for the written portion? I currently have a license in CA so the clinical isn't worrying me as much as the written. Thanks for any info!

anamdh in Sterling, Virginia

42 months ago

Thanks for all the info everyone.

I need a NERB board patient in the Northern Virginia/DC area

Will compensate with $
any help would be appreciated

42 months ago

I wish this forum was more active. I think it has the potential to provide lots of insight and feedback.
I am still looking for a patient for the SRTA. Praying to find someone sooner than later. Also, finding it awkward to get a full mouth series taken on a patient w/o a dentist...
Best wishes for all those testing...

lharwood04@yahoo.com in Washington, District of Columbia

42 months ago

Where r u taking the SRTA. I took my pt to a dentist,prepaid for a cleaning,had them do the fmx and perio charting.

42 months ago

oh, you make that sound so easy! the exam is mid-may. hmmm, i am planning to compensate the patient. i think what you did sounds great! win-win. =) thanks!!

42 months ago

oh, you make that sound so easy! how did you know that your patient would qualify before paying for all of that? just thinking, i can't pay for multiple people to get them screened. the exam is mid-may. hmmm, i am planning to compensate the patient. i think what you did sounds great! win-win. =) thanks!!

42 months ago

Sorry, obviously misread your post....I'm taking the SRTA in Norfolk, VA @ ODU.

lharwood04@yahoo.com in Virginia Beach, Virginia

42 months ago

I am too. 13 May. I live in Va Beach. I have a great pt. and I have a back up pt. He is getting an FMS on the 28th thru his dentist, which he hasn't seen since 2004. So, if you still do not have a pt, let me know, I may be able to help you.

42 months ago

i'm going to send you a private msg regarding the board...

Karina in Petaluma, California

41 months ago

Hi all!

I am taking the board @ USC on June,12. Please, if you know any potential patient let me know. I am willing to pay. Thanks!!!!

respond to: usakarina@hotmail.com

Joey in Miami, Florida

41 months ago

CAM in Alpharetta, Georgia said: I am registered to take CRDTS exam in GA on Dec 7/8 and can't find a patient. It seems like the patients need a good bit of calculus to quality. Does anyone have a suggestion for finding a patient? Many THANKS!

MY instructor said to have them rinse with milk of magnesium a few days to a week before so that it looks like supragingival calculus

Recent Grad in Miami, Florida

41 months ago

mahe in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi

Has anyone taken the dental hygienist cinical exam in Miami dade college. I would like to know whether they provide the handpiece for the ultasonic unit in the center.

No they do not, i will be taking it in June at MDC and you must provide your own.

mahe in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

41 months ago

Recent Grad in Miami, Florida said: No they do not, i will be taking it in June at MDC and you must provide your own.

Hey but someone who took the exam in Miami in last November told me that they will provide the cavitron handpiece with the unit.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.