I resigned today.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Ex-RDH in Newmarket, Ontario

19 months ago

Today was the last day to renew registration with the CDHO in Ontario for 2013. It was with a heavy heart, that instead of selecting 'renew' on the online renewal facility, I chose 'resign' instead.

As a fairly recent graduate (first registered in 2009), I have been unable to obtain regular employment. The couple of part-time, temporary positions I did manage to find, were experiences almost as brutal as the bullying I was subjected to while attending Dental Hygiene school.

The good news is, its finally over. Like they old saying goes, 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', and it is with that thought I say good-bye to my hopes and dreams for a 'career' as a dental hygienist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

19 months ago

Ex-RDH in Newmarket, Ontario said: Today was the last day to renew registration with the CDHO in Ontario for 2013. It was with a heavy heart, that instead of selecting 'renew' on the online renewal facility, I chose 'resign' instead.

As a fairly recent graduate (first registered in 2009), I have been unable to obtain regular employment. The couple of part-time, temporary positions I did manage to find, were experiences almost as brutal as the bullying I was subjected to while attending Dental Hygiene school.

The good news is, its finally over. Like they old saying goes, 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', and it is with that thought I say good-bye to my hopes and dreams for a 'career' as a dental hygienist.

I wonder if one day you'll be glad you're not gonna be looking in people's mouths, which are only marginally cleaner than their anuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex-RDH in Newmarket, Ontario

19 months ago

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington said: I wonder if one day you'll be glad you're not gonna be looking in people's mouths, which are only marginally cleaner than their anuses.

Hey, you just gave me an idea for my next career. Perhaps I will look into 'proctology'. Thanks ToBoeing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

He he. We could call you Dr. Goldfinger.

I'd rather look at certain aholes than certain mouths. Have you ever seen the phenomenon of 'meth mouth?'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex-RDH in Ottawa, Ontario

19 months ago

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington said: He he. We could call you Dr. Goldfinger.

I'd rather look at certain aholes than certain mouths. Have you ever seen the phenomenon of 'meth mouth?'

@ToBoeing (or not), I was looking for empathy from fellow dental hygienists when I made this post, however humour is often the best medicine, so I appreciate your attempts at it.

As for 'meth mouth', fortunately I have not seen it in 'real life', just text book cases. It is nasty though. Most people with it, rarely see a dentist or hygienist, because they are focused on feeding their addiction, and obviously pay little attention to their health which is very unfortunate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Ex-RDH in Ottawa, Ontario said: @ToBoeing (or not), I was looking for empathy from fellow dental hygienists when I made this post, however humour is often the best medicine, so I appreciate your attempts at it.

As for 'meth mouth', fortunately I have not seen it in 'real life', just text book cases. It is nasty though. Most people with it, rarely see a dentist or hygienist, because they are focused on feeding their addiction, and obviously pay little attention to their health which is very unfortunate.

I'm on your side and really do empathize. Hopefully some dental hygienists will chime in. Life is sort of messy, isn't it? It isn't easy, that's for sure. I applaud you for doing what you felt you had to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

17 months ago

I can barely find work in Mass too but I would NEVER not renew the license cause if you ever have a change of heart it can be difficult to get your license back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.