Am I too old to start up again?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

LindaAnn in Richardson, Texas

70 months ago

I graduated 12 years ago from a local training facility in Dental Laboratory Technology. I worked as a model tech for about a year, but unfortunately I had to quit due to family (children) obligations. I have been trying to get back into the dental field for some time now. I took another course in Administrative Dental
Assisting and am learning Dentrix, scheduling, and dental coding, etc.
I am 55, high energy and flexible. Any thoughts as to whether or not I have a chance to get back in? Thank you for your thoughts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bella in Scarborough, Ontario

68 months ago

Hi there, your never too old to start over! i suggest you apply to some dental offices and volunteer to obtain some good skills so that you can have more qualifications on your resume that way you could land a good comfortable job at a dental office of your choice! Goodluck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

frannewlandperkins@gmail.com in Canton, Texas

68 months ago

Hi thanks for the comment. I intend to do just that in a couple of weeks. Fran

frannewlandperkins@gmail.com in Canton, Texas

68 months ago

LindaAnn in Richardson, Texas said: I graduated 12 years ago from a local training facility in Dental Laboratory Technology. I worked as a model tech for about a year, but unfortunately I had to quit due to family (children) obligations. I have been trying to get back into the dental field for some time now. I took another course in Administrative Dental
Assisting and am learning Dentrix, scheduling, and dental coding, etc.
I am 55, high energy and flexible. Any thoughts as to whether or not I have a chance to get back in? Thank you for your thoughts!

Hi Linda Will you please let me know where you are taking the Dentrix computer courses. I am living in Canton, Tx. which is east of Garland, past Rockwall, Forney etc. and then Canton. We have not sold our home in Garland as yet, so I have a place to stay. I have worked for dentist in Dallas for several years off of Webb Chapel and he had Easy Dental, but he never used all of the Easy Dental program. I have excellent references and a referral from the dentist I worked for. And actually if you could teach the program to me I would be glad to pay you. Please get back to me on this. If you need my c/p # I will be glad to give it to you. Thank you so very much. Fran

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

leaI in Salem, Massachusetts

42 months ago

I would like to get a job in the dental office as a receptionist.I have a certificate Dental Assisting but I would like to work as a receptionist. I sent out my resumes and had few interviews,but nobody is interested in training.Can somebody give me advice what course should I take to learn about insurance or dental software. Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.