Top dental office receptionist skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 109 of 109)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Jenna in Waterford, Michigan

43 months ago

I don't suggest the front desk to go over prices & treatment plans. That's the dentists job! Plus there are people waiting in the waiting room.. No need to discuss private matters in front of everyone!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

melanymartinez0@*****.*** in Atlanta, Georgia

37 months ago

Hello, I have a very important question I just recently graduated from a course program for orthodontic assisting. But, its been quite challenging getting a job on this particular field and this lady told to go apply in person to every dental clinic. What should I do?

Reply - Report abuse

rvelliqu in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

33 months ago

shay318 in Dayton, Ohio said: What is a clothed? and what is a COSTUMER? Go back to school and learn to spell. My god that is horrible.

LMAO YOU MADE ME LAFF SO HARD!!!

Reply - Report abuse

marianyelizrodriguez in staten island, New York

28 months ago

So true

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Melbourne, Australia

19 months ago

Vonda said: I work as dental office receptionist, I enjoyed the job but not the doctor he was a class jurk! Go to the libery and check out a book in the medical area tha list the names of the different teeth, Yes, they all have names and you need to know each one. The hard part was in August I had to call customers to set up appointments, doctor, I was not to except any excuses to set em up!!! Hea! with kids going back to school and everything they need the family budget is busted... Thank God I was only filling in for a couple months. As I quit, the doc was working on a customer and in the middle of treatment he blow up and walked out, I couldn't belive it. If it hadn't been for the doc it would have been a good job.

Sounds like where i worked for four days. The Head Dentist had patients waiting while he barked orders at his admin staff. He was all over the place and everyone was walking on egg shells.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tnichole98 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every dental office receptionist must have to excel?

1.Have Dental knowledge
2.Get properly trained
3.Have a high level of communication skills

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Flushing, New York

8 months ago

What is the salary for a dental receptionist that also processes insurance claims, COBs, all kinds of insurance EOBs

QUOTE who="Jan in Everett, Washington"]I work with many dental offices as a practice management consultant and have seen everything. Doctors contact me on a regular basis looking for qualified help. The two top requests are great customer service and strong work ethics. Everything else can be taught.

It is also very important to understand all types of dental restorations in order to support the doctor's recommended treatment, understand billing and insurance and how to gracefully ask for money...and be a team player.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Flushing, New York

8 months ago

What is the median salary for a dental receptionist, who also processes insurance claims, EOBs, COBs, treatment plans and also can do assisting?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Janelica in West Palm Beach, Florida

7 months ago

Julia in Vancouver, British Columbia said: I am a CDA who has recently taken on the new position of reception. I like it, but my only concern is when a cash patient comes to the desk after the treatment and cannot pay anything! ( Sometimes did not bring any method of payment.)Any tips, it happens more than I thought it would.

I always collect it before they go back, I also take deposits for appointments and tell them what the remaining balance to be paid will be when they come back so they're always prepared.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.