im doing a report and i'd like to interview people with experience in the dental field

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Lauren in Lorain, Ohio

90 months ago

what are the high school education(classes,diploma,CLubs)
Personal skills or traits
Special Training/Tests
Licences
Daily duites
regular hours
working conditions
salary
job availibility
Outlook
Related Careers

i need some interviews with people so that i can get more information

thank you i hope you can help

Lauren

7th grade Mr.T

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brooke Barnes in Searsport, Maine

83 months ago

what are the working conditions like being a dentist?

Aim in Twin Cities, Minnesota

82 months ago

Go to www.yahoo.com and search under Dentist Occupational Outlook and you will get most of the information on there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kanner in Eastham, Massachusetts

80 months ago

Dentistry is a rather hard field to get into because of the years of costly education required in the U.S. State-subsidized schools are somewhat less expensive. You have to be good in the sciences and also have excellent ability working with your hands and it helps to be artistic. You need excellent communication abilities as you need to discuss treatment plans with patients and be able to work well with staff members. A lot of dentists own their own practices and this requires a lot of business management skills as well. There are frustrations with the field, such as patients who cancel appointments at the last minute or fail to show up, and this means you don't get paid and also have to cover the overhead costs for that time lost. Overall, the income potential is fairly good in most communities. Another big disadvantage to the field is licensure. Each state has their own licensing board and it can be extremely difficult to move to another state and may require retaking licening board examinations, which involve written as well as clinical tests on patients. Also, licensing boards can be very biased and I was a victim of the Maine Board of Dental Examiners, which blamed me for the actions of one of their own members, so I was forced out of the state and my practice destroyed. So I lost the investment I'd made in my practice as well as my home and community, etc. So for me it has not worked out to be a good career choice. Until the system is reformed, I'd be very careful going in to dentistry, but if you do, be aware of the adverse effect that licensure can have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justin in Henryetta, Oklahoma

80 months ago

Needing help on school project on dentist. i need infomation about the job as in personal traits, advantages and disavantages,also how the job has changed over the last 10 years

contact at e-mail

Juaneisha in Asheboro, North Carolina

68 months ago

thanks for creating this website i doing one to and this is really helping me with mine. THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kallel nabil in Tunis, Tunisia

67 months ago

nabilkallel2008@yahoo.fr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.