Salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Theodore in Waldorf, Maryland

81 months ago

How much can a Desktop Support Analyst make if she/he has a B.S. Degree in Information System Management?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Iknoweverythingaboutcomputers in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

@ king zanj
I disagree. Up to 45k without a degree, but that's only for level 3 desktop techs, and that is with around 5 years experience normally.
a typical entry level desktop tech with no experience only makes about 24k.
@Theodore
With your B.S. in IS, you would earn significantly more.
You would start around 40k and get around 55k after a couple years.
Keep in mind, I'm talking about big companies. They pay well for a B.S. in IS.
Don't work for a small company as an IT guy, you'll never get off the helpdesk, no advancement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dude1 in Oakland, California

77 months ago

Degrees and certifications get you in the door. After that, it's 100% performance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DK in New Port Richey, Florida

75 months ago

Iknoweverythingaboutcomputers in Dallas, Texas said: @ king zanj
I disagree. Up to 45k without a degree, but that's only for level 3 desktop techs, and that is with around 5 years experience normally.
a typical entry level desktop tech with no experience only makes about 24k.
@Theodore
With your B.S. in IS, you would earn significantly more.
You would start around 40k and get around 55k after a couple years.
Keep in mind, I'm talking about big companies. They pay well for a B.S. in IS.
Don't work for a small company as an IT guy, you'll never get off the helpdesk, no advancement.

55k after a couple of years is BS. I just got off monster and if your luck $12 to $17 an hour. If you are making 55 after never leave and thank them daily for the pay check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

no. degree in Lebanon, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Iknoweverythingaboutcomputers in Dallas, Texas said: @ king zanj
I disagree. Up to 45k without a degree, but that's only for level 3 desktop techs, and that is with around 5 years experience normally.
a typical entry level desktop tech with no experience only makes about 24k.
@Theodore
With your B.S. in IS, you would earn significantly more.
You would start around 40k and get around 55k after a couple years.
Keep in mind, I'm talking about big companies. They pay well for a B.S. in IS.
Don't work for a small company as an IT guy, you'll never get off the helpdesk, no advancement.

i took 3 college classes in Computer Science,in 2008,completed my
Ethical Hacker Certifaction, and I make 24/hr.don't waste time on
years of schooling

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rye in Bronx, New York

69 months ago

I have BS degree in IT. I graduated a year ago but I was originally from Rhode Island before I moved out here in New York. I really think there is a significant difference with your salary depending where you are working. Before I left Rhode Island a few companies were offering me 35K-40K a year for an entry level IT support. Then when I moved here in New York the starting salary that was offered to me was 40K-50K a year for an entry level IT support job. Best wishes for everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charles

64 months ago

I was started at 40k with no degree or experience, I'm about to move to level 3 with a year of experience and should start making 60k+... another guy I know started with no experience or degree, now he has 2 years on the phones and 2 years as a supervisor and he's been offered a new position paying around 100k being in charge of 5 locations

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RP in New York, New York

60 months ago

I started in CallCenter at a major Investment back and moved to Desktop Support with no College Degree. Now have 6 years and I am currently making $85,000. Depends where you live. I am located in NYC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Tucson, Arizona

41 months ago

I have a question:
I currently live in AZ and make about 37k and I am trying to get a job in NewYork. What is a reasonable salary in comparison? I've looked it up online and it says about 45k. But the main reason I ask is that I've applied to a few jobs in NY and so far only a few have e-mailed me back asking about Salary Requirements. I have e-mailed them back a rough estimate around 45k and so far after I've e-mailed them that, they have not replied.

Is that to much? I'm confused.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adnan in Wylie, Texas

20 months ago

i did bachelors degree in Computer science and have 1 year experienced in software but still unemployed please suggest whats the best opportunity for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adnan in Wylie, Texas

20 months ago

Charles said: I was started at 40k with no degree or experience, I'm about to move to level 3 with a year of experience and should start making 60k+... another guy I know started with no experience or degree, now he has 2 years on the phones and 2 years as a supervisor and he's been offered a new position paying around 100k being in charge of 5 locations

can you please guide me i have bachelors degree in computer science with 1 year experienced

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jr in Dallas, Texas

20 months ago

Theodore in Waldorf, Maryland said: How much can a Desktop Support Analyst make if she/he has a B.S. Degree in Information System Management?

I was advised to look for something in the medical field. I started with 15 years IT experience and my A+, net+, sec+ certs. Found a medical company in DFW and started as a desktop engineer II no degree making over 65k. 6 months later I have my degree and my ITILv3 cert.took me 9 months to find this job and I love it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.