Will Desktop Virtual Machines replace the Desktop Support Analyst?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

irq26 in Salem, New Hampshire

50 months ago

Hi will like to know for thoes that already or planning to use Desktop Virtual Machines on their networks, if there will be a need to have a Desktop Support Analyst once Desktop Virtual Machines are implimented on the network. Do you think Desktop Virtual Machines will replace or minimize the Desktop Support Analyst in your IT Deparment?

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

max in Whitestone, New York

43 months ago

it needs a server support, no desktop support.

Allan in Oceanside, California

42 months ago

Thin computing is a fad that will still need support in some form. Network admins will be to busy making sure that the nuts and bolts are running soomthly to ever be full time end use support admins. As long as we have end users they will need support in some form or other.
Personnal I do not see thin computing being as popular as thick computing, the main reason being privacy, and the need to have thick client that still do some processing on their own. End users tend to get fustrated with too the IT Department having too much control over what they do.

benny_blanco in Aurora, Colorado

42 months ago

I am not sure, I do utilize virtual machines to do some of the OS configuration and customizing as it is more convenient and I can take snapshots and revert to them as needed whenever I like and then rollout this image created on a virtual environment to physical machines. I believe also that even with virtual desktops such as citrix thin clients there will continue to be the end user support side of things...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.