Are desktop support analyst job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most desktop support analyst opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Concord, California

86 months ago

I tend to see most of the good jobs I'm interested in New York, London and Tokyo supporting the stock exchange. Most of the good jobs are with investment banks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

me in Mishawaka, Indiana

64 months ago

Lisa in Concord, California said: I tend to see most of the good jobs I'm interested in New York, London and Tokyo supporting the stock exchange. Most of the good jobs are with investment banks.
i'm sorry, but that's just a dumb response. Tokyo? You really think someone wants to move all the way to Tokyo for a Desktop support position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Tokyo, Japan

34 months ago

Not a dumb response at all. There are several high paying Desktop Support contracts with American and European investment banks in Tokyo, Japan. Some positions pay between $90,000 - $110,000. If you can speak Japanese, it's an added advantage. Maybe not an ideal opportunity if you're a narrow minded person living in the mid west; however if you're open minded and interested in foreign culture, a good opportunity. Lots of positions are also available in New York, because it's centered around the New York stock exchange. Not so many in San Francisco. Desk Top Support learning opportunites with an investment bank are limited, because the IT departments are very segregated, but the work environment is very nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.