Need Local Full Time Postion ASAP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Walter51 in Roselle, Illinois

78 months ago

I received a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and Technology. When I graduated the job market was tough in that the Vietnam War ended and flooded the workforce. I applied for a Masters program but the college delayed my acceptance and would up accepting a job with an earthmoving company in the city I went to college and meet my girlfriend/future wife. Since I had college loans to pay off I worked at this location for almost 12 years performing, engineering – mechanical and electrical, lab testing, quality testing, and statistical analysis. The company was sold to a German firm in 1984 and the entire location was closed. Since the area I then lived in was depressed job wise I decided to look either in the St Louis area where my ex-wife parents lived or the Western Chicago Suburbs where my parents lived. I was offered 2 opportunities one was with a German firm who modified computers and software for on-line stock trading or a fortune 500 company. I chose the fortune 500 company and was there a total of 18 years performing – standards engineering, certification testing, System Administration (UNIX.), Help Desk, and PC Desktop Support. The company 1st spilt into 2 entities. Then the Data processing section was outsourced to another fortune 500 company for 5 years. The company was slowly laying off little by little until I became laid off in 2002. The company has since downsized from 12,000 people at its peak to about 1,200 now and has been acquired by a European firm. Since then in an attempt to keep working I have taken several short term contact positions. Then in 2007 I hoped I landed a permanent position with a mass printing firm which was bought out and re-organized and once again I am looking for a full time position. I have now been seeking a full time job for over 6 months and most of my resumes have been going into the a black hole. Help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.