Top detailer skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every detailer must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your detailer expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

John Gibson in Sumter, South Carolina

70 months ago

Hi. My name is John Gibson. I am the Owner and Operator of John's Hand car Wash located across the street from Shaw AFB in Sumter SC. I have been self employed for over twenty years. I truely enjoy detailing cars. I started detailing cars as a hobby. In order to succeed in any business, you have to be so passionatecabout it until you are willing to do it for free. Once you establish yourself as a professional instead of a novice, then and only then can you demand a professional's income.

Once you have established yourself, you must retain your customer base while expanding it without compromising quality for quantity. Good customer service is expected, but in order to truely succeed in a competitive market, you have to exceed your customer's expectations. You have to develope such a strong bonding relationship with your customer until they will become your sales representative.

There will be times when the economy will take a nose dive. It is at times like then when your business might become your hobby and instead of spending your time going what you love to do the most, you might find yourself working in an unfamiliar industry just to make ends meet. It is times like that when your patience and your endurance will be tested. Passion, good customer service and endurance are by far the mose important traits to succeed in any business. The skills required to do any job can be learned but without passion, a good attitude and enduance, the success of any new endeaver is an unlikely prabability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.