Getting a detention officer job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing detention officer work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

catherine stewart

95 months ago

I would like to find a job as a detention officer in a juvie center some where in Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

catherine stewart

95 months ago

I'm not in this career yet I'm going to school C.J and would like to get into this line of work.

nustasia fantroy in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

I am interested in finding a job in the juvenile justice system.
it could be in a grouphome setting or whatever,I am just really pasionate about working with juveniles and showing them that there is a better way.

henryj3300@hotmail.com in Kingman, Arizona

86 months ago

nustasia fantroy in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am interested in finding a job in the juvenile justice system.
it could be in a grouphome setting or whatever,I am just really pasionate about working with juveniles and showing them that there is a better way.

All States have a Juvenile Detention Academy. Check you State and if you pass all their Psch.,baground,credit, and interview by their Juvenitle training Officers. You,then, can attend their Academy. If you get through the Academy,not all who start do, then you will be assigned to one of their Schools as they call them. They are not Prisons, and juvniles are not inmates, they are delinquents. Good Luck. Hank

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.