Tips for Detention Officer interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming Detention Officer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

hartka 24 in Norwood, New York

96 months ago

HI, before my recent move to New York I was a Detention officer for the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office in Phoenix, Arizona. You may of heard of our office. We were the ones with the black and white stripes , Pink underwear and tent city. While every agency is different, In my experience they had an extensive application process. It started with orientation and then a background interview, upon completion of the investigator going through every past aspect of your life you will have a lie detector test where they ask you the same questions that are in the background packet and add a catch all at the end in form of a question " Were you honest in every part of this background investigation then they will determine if you meet their requirements and if you do they will schedule the Psych Evaluation this is the crappiest part for you. I had to take two test with hundreds of pointless questions like Do you like the color blue. I answered NO and then had a therapist kept asking me "Why don't you like the color blue?" and they did this with every question. after that they send you to the medical exam and then hire you if you pass. Hope this helped.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.