Diesel Mechanic Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (153) - Start a Discussion

me in Emmaus, Pennsylvania

Updated 51 months ago

Career change and bad habits - 2 Replies

10 year truck driver, here. Considering a career change to diesel mechanic but I have one bad habit-I smoke pot. You know how it is with those...

sa.trueblue in Birmingham, United Kingdom

iveco turbo electrical problem

Hi there i have a 1998 daily turbo diesel 2.8 truck, which was running perfectly till now,all ectrics have completely shut off except for lights...

stormpelican in Purcell, Oklahoma

Updated 53 months ago

Advice - 1 Reply

Iam qualified motor mechanic.what do i have to do to become a diesel or truck mechanic without under going apprenticeship?

Mikhail in Todmorden, United Kingdom

Updated 53 months ago

iveco daily classic - 1 Reply

Hi, I have a 96 iveco daily that is now a campervan, the problem i have is it wont turn off. I think its somethink to do with the solinoid on the...

stumped in Jupiter, Florida

Pto and high range not working on a strerling bt with a c7.

The system is a single tank with two chambers (front/back).

andyman in York, United Kingdom

Updated 54 months ago

Peugeot 307 SW - 4 Replies

Hi, First time here so I hope that I have posted in the right place. I own a 2003 Peugeot 307 SW, which has done 78000 miles. Normally the...

Dansoarr in London, United Kingdom

Iveco 75E15 1996 wont start

Hi, my 75e15 has been running fine for ages, then it developed a vibration when below 500 rpm. but seemed fine. A couple of days a go i was...

ianjb53 in Birkenhead, United Kingdom

smoke on tick over

when i start the van up and leave it for say ten minutes i get loads of blue smoke until i increase the revs and clear it all out then all seems...

Roger in O Fallon, Missouri

Looking for Diesel Technician Volunteer Opportunity

I am strongly interested in gaining some diesel technician skills but I can't seem to find opportunities to volunteer. Does anybody know anybody who...

SHAG in Loudon, Tennessee

Updated 55 months ago

93 ford 250 7.3 turbo - 2 Replies

when trying to start the pcm will click 20 to 30 times ( pcm is new) new glow plugs and very hard to start,when plug in it easier to start,,,, white...

andrew lendrum in Evesham, United Kingdom

65c15 occasional whistle from turbo on acceleration

Hi all, I have 2002 65c15 that occasionally whistles under load,I took off pipe from turbo to intercooler seems in good condition i did clean up pipe...

ronnie h in quarry bank, United Kingdom

cold start iveco 35 c11 2002

when stating from cold diesel leaks from cold start valve then stops after 30 seconds is the valve faulty or are there seals which have perished....

paul gaynor in Dublin, Ireland

Updated 56 months ago

me iveco daily don"t start - 2 Replies

when i try to start the red injector is blinking and the key indicator is blinking

paul gaynor in Dublin, Ireland

iveco daily wont start

hi i have a 01 iveco daily 35c 13 i got bad fuel there was water in it iv cleaned the tank out and changed the fuel filter. it wont start iv...

pandaandcorn in Perth, Australia

Updated 56 months ago

Is it a good idea to work in UK as a diesel mechanic - 1 Reply

Wanted to know should I return what are wages these days in UK for a truck mechanic??? Should I come back? Or could I work as a tec in Spain dose any...

timjritter in Mercer Island, Washington

Updated 57 months ago

Diesel Mechanic - 5 Replies

My name is Marcus Ridley and i have 2 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience i have been out of a job since January and i am in need of a good job i...

K morgan in Beaumont, Texas

pump gear problem in allison fire service trans

I have a gen.4 3000 series fire service trans.when truck is cold the trans will go in 1st gear instead of 4th to pump.when truck is warmed up pump...

gordon in United Kingdom

Updated 57 months ago

brake light not working - 2 Replies

Hi, My iveco daily 2001 has a brake light o/s that is not working.The bulb is working as i tested it on the n/s light.Any ideas what the problem...

jon higgins in pitstone, United Kingdom

Iveco daily 50c13

I have just renewed my brake pads all round The warning lamp seems to come on now and then when driving ?????????????

pete in Queen Creek, Arizona

Updated 57 months ago

turbo deisel loses power. - 5 Replies

I have a 06 f350 turbo deisel. Recently. while driving there would be a loss of power. Like no power. Engine does not die,,(yet),,then it would kick...

bestwrench45 in Mocksville, North Carolina

Updated 58 months ago

Looking for a job! - 2 Replies

I just graduated from Nashville Auto Diesel College in September with honors. I have no experience but many certifications. I prefer to work on...

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

Updated 59 months ago

Good alternatives to find Heavy Equipment and Diesel Mechanic Jobs in North America? - 1 Reply

Just wondering of what are some other good sites to find heavy equipment, diesel mechanic jobs that have good pay.

Vishal in Hamilton, Ontario

Updated 59 months ago

Issues with turn on after start - 4 Replies

I have a 2003 ford f350 turbo diesel, no problem starting cold. After the truck is warmed up, ran, and then shut off, it will not start again for...

Mark in Denver, Colorado

Updated 60 months ago

Need a Job - 2 Replies

I graduated Sept. 19 2008 From WyoTech for Diesel Mechanic and now have a Class A CDL and am looking for a job to get some experience under my belt,...

Shell in Sherwood Park, Alberta

CIH Combine - no power downhill and on level, uphill fine

CX860 combine, Iveco engine, works perfect uphill - lots of power, no power downhill or on the level - any suggestions - tried the Boost pressure...

Jason Ross in Garland, Texas

Updated 61 months ago

Looking for a diesel or reefer mechanic job. - 3 Replies

I have relocated to Decatur, Tx to help care for my dad. I brought my son, fiance and kids with me. I am in dire need of a job to provide for my...

AMEEN in Phoenix, Arizona

DIESEL MECHANIC

IAM DIESEL MECHANIC FOR 15 YRS EXP AND WORK HARD I LOOKING FOR JOB IN PHOENIX,AZ

eddie in Pasadena, Texas

Updated 61 months ago

2005 6.0 power stroke - 2 Replies

I have a 2005 ford f-250 6.0 power stroke. I am losing coolant I done a pressure test no leaks, no white smoke from exaust. but every 200 to 300...

kenny in Dover, New Hampshire

been out of work 51/2 years

back in1987 i went to school for diesel mechanics .no one well hire me WHY NOT???

Terrence in Kanpur, India

Updated 63 months ago

foreclosure auctions - 1 Reply

Professional services of trained manpower namely Hospital administrators/ managers have now become essential to manage hospitals and medical...

royboy123 in Swansea, United Kingdom

Updated 63 months ago

Problems with Iveco engine in a CIH combine - 2 Replies

Have an Iveco engine (375 hp) in a combine that looses boost pressure and then power when the engine is warmed up. What could be causing this? No...

4paz in denia, Spain

thousands of jobs to be made>> www.sims.tv

With our new 4paz technology to bio farm the sea,has now got the green light from Brussels . We need now to find funds and people to raise them. We...

angelparmar in Ahmadabad, India

Updated 63 months ago

looking for a job - 3 Replies

been in trde for 20 years

damian in Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom

Updated 63 months ago

When do you change a cam belt miles or years ?? - 1 Reply

i'm looking for a luton van 3.5 ton on e-bay but some of them have over 100k miles and every time i ask has it had a cam belt change, i ether get...

knighty in Durham, United Kingdom

Updated 66 months ago

HOW TO BYPASS IMMOBILISER ON MY 1996 TRANSIT DI - 1 Reply

COULD SOMEONE ADVISE ON HOW TO BYPASS IMMOBILISER ON MY TRANSIT AS HAVE JUST FITTED NEW ENGINE AND DONT WANT TO PUT IT IN TO MAIN DEALER AND SPEND...

MATHIAS MUSONDA in Gaborone, Botswana

Updated 67 months ago

Looking For Diesel Technicians in Virginia - 1 Reply

ejcrow1@hotmail.com

abdibaca in Hollywood, Florida

DOES ANY ONE KNOWS WHERE CAN I GET PARTS FOR A 2000 MD-26 BERING/HYUNDAI TRUCK.I NEED TRANSMISSION PARTS

I NEED SOME TRANSMISSION PARTS

chris in United Kingdom

bloddy ivecos

does anyone know what a square with a fan in it red symbol means when it comes up on the dash cheers its a iveco daily unijet 2002 2.8

BILL in Mission Viejo, California

Updated 68 months ago

South Bay Ford Fleet & Truck Center Needs Diesel Techs - 1 Reply

Looking for qualified diesel techs. Call Jim Friend or Rick Holderbaum @ 310 706-6200 Monday thru Friday. Hawthorne, CA

dean harper in Northampton, United Kingdom

IVECO 29 L9!!!!

Help cold start problems, runs fine other than in this cold weather, have fuel to thermo plug on inlet manifold but not past, have been trying to...

Mechanic Recruiter in Cambridge, Ontario

Updated 69 months ago

enrty level diesel mechanic - 2 Replies

i am a aspiring diesel mechanic i just graduated from wyotect for diesel technology and chassis fab i'm to find a job any suggestion and tips?

Mechanic Recruiter in Cambridge, Ontario

Updated 69 months ago

Diesel mechanic - 5 Replies

Does anyone know somebody interested?

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

Updated 72 months ago

Diesel mecanic Jobs - 3 Replies

I live in Fort Worth, Texas. I have about four years of Diesal Mechanic experience. I am looking for a career that pays more than $15 per hour. $18...

Josh in Euless, Texas

Updated 74 months ago

Diesel conversion - 4 Replies

Just wondering if someone her might be able to help with a quick question, I have recently purchased a Perkins 4 cylinder diesel model 4.108 (50hp)...

Thomas Dreyer in Johannesburg, South Africa

Updated 75 months ago

Looking for a senior diesel mechanic for the Burlington, Ontario area - 1 Reply

Location: Hamilton/Burlington Role: (Full time) Performs all tractor and trailer estimation, diagnosis, and corrections following standard...

Dan in Phoenix, Arizona

Who needs a job?

I have a lot of work for Cat certified and Allison certified heavy equipment diesel mechanics. PLEASE CALL ME, Dan 480-829-1242. All of the jobs...

John in Harold, Kentucky

Diesel Tech

I just wanted to say I did it several years at a ford Dealer on the IH DITs and loved it before being forced to retire due to illness , There's just...

forrest in Fortville, Indiana

Updated 80 months ago

Cruise Control 9200i - 1 Reply

Trying to figure out the cruse control on an international 9200i. And suggestions to trouble shoot and repair? Joe

Crocodile Dundee in Truganina, Australia

Updated 82 months ago

Need help! - 1 Reply

My small engines teacher gave us homework and i really do not understand how to summarize connecting rod journal size and i do not recall how to find...

jason in Lafayette, Louisiana

Updated 84 months ago

Getting a diesel mechanic job. - 1 Reply

How did you get your start doing diesel mechanic work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a particular...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.