Iveco 2.5 turbo diesel high oil use

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

lrsbt in Lowestoft, United Kingdom

15 months ago

Hello I have an Iveco 45-10 minibus with a 2.5 turbo diesel. My problem is that it will drink all the oil in the engine in a 25 minute drive. Although it seems to run ok at slow speed, it has almost zero acceleration above 30 mph and barely can do 40. I have changed the turbo, hoping that this would fix it, but I'm not that lucky. So I will be attempting a compression test even though I know there are oil rings and compression rings so I do not know if the compression will be low if only the oil rings are bad. Any info on this would be helpful. Even though I know it is probably rings could it also be head gasket leaking oil into the cylinders? Worst case a possible engine change, but how does it come out? Through the front i assume. Any comments welcome. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jose ronaldo defensor in Cebu, Philippines

15 months ago

hi,the turbocharger will possible damaged to check that,open the pipe along the air cleaner to see if the pipe wet,then open the intake manifold to sure the oil came out to the intake manifold the oil rings or cylinder liner are worn out.to minimize the trouble clean air filter element and change the engine oil periodically.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.