KBR Wages in Middle East

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

biker in creswell, Oregon

68 months ago

I have already sent my resume to KBR, but would like to know some information on mechanics pay rate and how uplifts work, living and working conditions & work hours, tools, time-off, how often paydays are, is it auto deposit in US$ or card based? Are the facilities on military bases? If so, are you required to leave base to make repairs? How do you get to(and from) your working location, is it via military flights from the US? What kind of foods are available, I am a vegitarian is that a problem or is there vegatables?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

steveream@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leavingkbr in Kuwait, Kuwait

43 months ago

biker in creswell, Oregon said: I have already sent my resume to KBR, but would like to know some information on mechanics pay rate and how uplifts work, living and working conditions & work hours, tools, time-off, how often paydays are, is it auto deposit in US$ or card based? Are the facilities on military bases? If so, are you required to leave base to make repairs? How do you get to(and from) your working location, is it via military flights from the US? What kind of foods are available, I am a vegitarian is that a problem or is there vegatables?

Thanks,

steveream@yahoo.com

I am leaving kbr today, having worked here for 2 months I can tell you that this company is only concerned with making money and is in no way going to repair any vehicles. It is in their best interest to drain the oil, redline them, and put the oil back in once they go bang. Then they can order new at cost plus, and the lazy mechanics can keep playing video games at their hooches. If you work here you will make aprox 55k-60k a year minus your tickets home (3 visits @ 1500 each) There are no days off and if you are willing to work and not just be there 7/12 you will get no support. It sounds unreal but take the job and see for yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

InIraqF-2p in Orlando

42 months ago

elkaholic7x9@yahoo.com in Salt Lake City, Utah said: i wored for LSI and the contract i worked under was with KBR and the are a joke what they tell you and what you get are two totaly differnt things no tools and if you are lucky to get a box its missing tools all of them and you cant get new ones what did they tell you 80 k to 95 k yea you might get 60 and shops yea right maby a bunker but usualy its out in the open and depending on what bace you go to but as far a shops and tools yea there isnt any you work 12 hr days 7 days a week and get ready to walk every where caus you dont get trans and the weather is well i left on r/r in july it was 148 yes that hot and wait till augest and winter will hit 30 and lower it will be 120 at 7am and geting to the px only on your time if it is open when you get off i can say that there are a lot better company to go to work for if that is what you want to do i would stay away from KBR and LSI they lis and cheat you out of your money

wow funny that the highest temp recorded was 136 degrees in libya 1922,you were definantly looking at the nice round bimetallic thermometer ehh))
I did my time there and yea its nice to be home,but i wouldnt say anything bad about kbr, they employed me and they are like EVERY other company out there and thats to make money.you dont stay in business if you are not making money.
As far as yourr money,dont know what to tell ya, but i never had a problem with my pay,got every cent of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph in Mesa, Arizona

39 months ago

Enrolled at UTI in Avondale Arizona currently, and taking an advanced diesel Tech training and wanting to be employeed with KBR after i graduate. Anyone have any thing that could possibly help thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

olayinka in United Kingdom

38 months ago

I have t444e engine international that is given me challenge if you start the truck in the morning it will work fine but 45min the engine will went off and try to start it again it will not start what did you guy think the problem his.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

samuel mensah in Johannesburg, South Africa

36 months ago

olayinka in United Kingdom said: I have t444e engine international that is given me challenge if you start the truck in the morning it will work fine but 45min the engine will went off and try to start it again it will not start what did you guy think the problem his.

you must service your injection pomp and injetors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lander in Kuwait, Kuwait

31 months ago

Make sure fuel line, pump,water separator,pump hoses,filter,air tank cleaned, there might be a heater switch or glow plug problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

james vega in Pompano Beach, Florida

17 months ago

biker in creswell, Oregon said: I have already sent my resume to KBR , but would like to know some information on mechanics pay rate and how uplifts work, living and working conditions & work hours, tools, time-off, how often paydays are, is it auto deposit in US$ or card based? Are the facilities on military bases? If so, are you required to leave base to make repairs? How do you get to(and from) your working location, is it via military flights from the US? What kind of foods are available, I am a vegitarian is that a problem or is there vegatables?

Thanks,

steveream@yahoo.com

Normally KBR was paying around 89k in the past in Iraq while others paid more. Some folks swear up and down that KBR is an awesome company others quite the opposite. Some sad events might have caused KBR to loose the contract, they were not in Afghanistan with the Americans. KBR is a British company. There are other companies out there, at this point Afghanistan is winding down, so the well is dried up sort of speak. I am waiting for other opportunities to open up some where else. Siria, liBya or some other countries perhaps. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.