iveco engine identification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 634)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

kevin griffiths in United Kingdom

87 months ago

where are all the experts when you need one?

i have an iveco daily 2.8 turbo that seems to have had an engine change at some point, parts are ordered from the number plate and i recently bought a cam belt that didn't fit..."that's not the engine that was fitted into your van" said the man.
the engine number says it's an 8140 but how do i find out what series or year it is. i need to order a load of parts as the head gasket blew this weekend.
also it looks like fiat iveco made a 2.5 8140 and ford iveco did a 2.8 8140 or am i just going nuts?

also....are the head bolt "stretch bolts"? as i'll need to replace them if they are.

thank...i hope :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

kevin griffiths in Derby, United Kingdom

82 months ago

Hi Jules.

all sorted thanks, i emailed Iveco and asked them.

it's a 2.5 not a 2.8 as sold to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ian in Birkenhead, United Kingdom

82 months ago

i have an iveco daily unijet 02 plate it has been running great up to the other day and would not start from cold so had mechanic out to try and solve problem.
he changed the fuel pump and filter but it is still the same. it will go with easystart then runs great all day.
one thing i did try was to take out the 80amp fuse and thermo relay and with easystart it still started and ideas ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ian in Birkenhead, United Kingdom

82 months ago

thanks jules i used my van today since saturday and did need the spray to start it but it stood for 4 hours this morning and it started first time i did about 5 miles then left it before i returned home again 4 hours and started first time but it was a warm day so i feel that the van is running almost up to scratch its just the morning when its left overnight. final arrangments have not been made for the computer all i have been told is that a slot has been reserved for me sat am so when i confirm arrangments i can ask for a leak off test how long does that take. many thanks ian b

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jules4485 in Northampton, United Kingdom

81 months ago

leak off test should be about an hour or less, but these symptons are deffiently injectors sound, but other faults might be present

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jules4485 in Northampton, United Kingdom

81 months ago

hi have you tried the fuel lift pump on the block and also the priming pump how old is the truck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

dave in Oxford, United Kingdom

79 months ago

I have an iveco van which kept cutting out, so I took it to a main dealer,they put it on their testing equipment and said that an injector was causing the fault. So after parting with a conciderable amount of money, on the way home the injector light started to come on again. this time not quite so bad but the problem is still there.I phoned the garage and they said it must be the high pressure pump. so was their first diaganostics wrong? What is happening is your driving along quite nicely and you ease up on the excelorator and the injection light comes on,( flashing ) the van seems to lose all power and as the van slows down to about 20mph it suddenly comes back to life as if nothing was wrong.Sometimes it does not happen for quite along time and then you get another bout.help any one with any idea.    

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ian in Kingston Upon Hull, United Kingdom

79 months ago

Hi i have a iveco 50c11 on a 2001 X plate it has started pressurizing and using coolant ,i pressurized the cooling system and found no external leaks but when i tried to start it it locked up so i thought the headgasket was the problem,i removed the head replaced the gasket built it backup only to find when i started it it was still bubblig in the header tank and using water although not as much ,i have removed the head again a week later and had it pressure tested but it is ok ,do you have any ideas or are there any common problems that i am missing ,thanks in advance Ian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mick in London, United Kingdom

77 months ago

ian in Kingston Upon Hull, United Kingdom said: Hi i have a iveco 50c11 on a 2001 X plate it has started pressurizing and using coolant ,i pressurized the cooling system and found no external leaks but when i tried to start it it locked up so i thought the headgasket was the problem,i removed the head replaced the gasket built it backup only to find when i started it it was still bubblig in the header tank and using water although not as much ,i have removed the head again a week later and had it pressure tested but it is ok ,do you have any ideas or are there any common problems that i am missing ,thanks in advance Ian

i have the same problem,did you find the answer.

ian in Kingston Upon Hull, United Kingdom

77 months ago

mick in London, United Kingdom said: thanks for the reply ian. i took the head of today and did not find anything obvious.i have ordered a new head gasket,and will be fitting it monday, so the torque settings for the head bolts would be very handy.thanks mick

Hi Mick what was yours doing by the way ,mine had blown the head gasket originaly because i pressure tested it and found the coolant leaking into the cylinders and it hydraulic,ed when i started it ,but like i said i think i was hasty in removeing the head the second time because i think now it was just air locked and is now fine ,...sorry for going on a bit the torque settings are 60nm and 60nm again then 180degrees ,i have autodata on cd so if you want the torque sequence let me know and i can e mail it to you ,Cheers Ian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mick in London, United Kingdom

77 months ago

hi ian thank you for the head bolt torques.ihave now had the head pressure tested and skimmed all seems ok.new head bolts and gasket on its way, hope to fit tommorow, so sequence for head tightening would be very handy. many thanks

RICKY in Chatham, United Kingdom

76 months ago

HELLO I HAVE A IVECO 35S11V 52 PLATE. IT SEEMS TO USE A LOT OF FUEL ABOUT 300 MILE TO THE TANK ,IF IM LUCKY. BUT MY MANE CONCERN IS THAT WHEN ITS ON ABOUT AN 8TH OF A TANK, IT DONT LIKE STARTING FIST TIME. IT CUTS OUT WHEN DRIVING AT THE SAME TIME (WHEN ON 8TH OF A TANK).ALL THAT HAPPENS IS THE ENGINE STOPS THE RED KEY LIGHT FLASHES ON, THEN IT STARTS AGAIN, WHILE DRIVING . I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN I FILLING IT BACK UP WITH FUEL THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF MIST COMING FROM THE INSIDE OF THE TANK.IS THERE ANY ONE THAT CAN HELP,WOULD BE MUCH APRRECIATED THANKYOU. RICKY

jules in Northampton, United Kingdom

76 months ago

hi, i take it this vehicle has a rotary fuel pump and not common rail, we use to have this quite alot, what happens is, the fuel pump is cooled by the diesel, as the level gets low, the fuel temperature increases, so the pump gets hot, the pump has the immobiliser built on top of it which then plays up and that is why the key light flashes, next time it does it, poor a lot of water over the pump and see if it starts, im affraid it could be an exspensive repair unless you can get an electrician to bypass the immobiliser,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Cardiff, United Kingdom

75 months ago

I posted the fact that I could not start my 2004 Iveco daily the day after having the head fingers replaced as it would turn over but not start. 1st) went into Cardiff Iveco for Diagnosis which said pressure rail fuel sensor (charged me for 2hrs labour for diagnosis)put a new one on and no change... 2nd)another diagnosis (charged for 1 hour labour) said the fuel pump, changed it and still no change.... I then gave up on cardiff and took it to Merthyr Tydfil Iveco who quickly found that the problem was a pin in the plug that connects to the ECU.. IT NOW RUNS FINE....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gplrecovery in Leeds, United Kingdom

75 months ago

could any one give me some detals on changing the timing belt on my 65 15 2.8 diesl iveco daly

75 months ago

hi mate how old is vehicle as i need to know if it is common rail or a rotary fuel pump, also it about a 2-3 hour job, not really hard but can be tricky, thanks jules

gplrecovery in Leeds, United Kingdom

75 months ago

it is a 2002 2.8 turbo intercooler and not sure on the others hoe do i tell thanks

75 months ago

if its a 2002 it should be common rail fuel system, its quite a delicate job have you mechanical experience,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

cpreatoni in London, United Kingdom

74 months ago

I have a 2002 iveco daily 2.8 it seems to have the same problems as lot of you the red injector light flashes while going along and loses power and then is fine. also didnt start other day . but i have never had a glowplug light ever come up on the dash. These van are a nightmare wish i hadnt sold my transit....anyone help any advice cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Cutt in Folkestone, United Kingdom

73 months ago

Rob in Caerphilly, United Kingdom said: Yes it does Jules the light will come on without me even starting the van and the only time that it fired (only once) was when I took the battery off,recharged and refitted it.. Any ideas?

Hi, Did you find out the problem with this as my iveco is doing the same it started yesterday and now it wont start, turning over, red injector light flashing, and flashing when ignition is on also.

Any help would be great,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Hessle, United Kingdom

73 months ago

jules in Northampton, United Kingdom said: have you sorted van if not reply and i will help

hi jules no havnt sorted van still injector light flashes just carnt think wot the problem can be ive had all major replaced by iveco its self but still no joy any ideas would be great thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bmtm87 in Bristol, United Kingdom

73 months ago

cpreatoni in London, United Kingdom said: I have a 2002 iveco daily 2.8 it seems to have the same problems as lot of you the red injector light flashes while going along and loses power and then is fine. also didnt start other day . but i have never had a glowplug light ever come up on the dash. These van are a nightmare wish i hadnt sold my transit....anyone help any advice cheers

I work for Iveco usually you will find that the contacts in the injector plugs need closing up or a new loom fitted, if thats any help to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bmtm87 in Bristol, United Kingdom

73 months ago

Hey,

I'm currently working on a new shape Euro 4 daily that seams to have a comprehensive fault,
I have been working on it for the last 2 weeks and 6 other fitters before me.
it was recovered in as another garage had done a engine rebuild a while back, up on further investigation of the non start we found that the timing was out and that the crank and cam gear positioning pins were sheered off, so new crank, pulleys, tappets were fitted. The head has been sent off and checked twice, as the first time No# 4 & 3 valves were replaced but not lapped in correctly, pistons were removed and the rings replaced. I then checked The piston protrusion and all were within tolerance. upon rebuilding and running we find that it runs rough, and there's a cuffing sound from the inlet there for i carried out a compression test with E.A.S.Y and manually but both state compression is low on number 3 and very low on 4, I then carried out a cylinder leakage test which showed no signs of excessive air escaping

has any one had any faults like this before and is any one able to help please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

casper in Northampton, United Kingdom

73 months ago

Bmtm87 in Bristol, United Kingdom said: I work for Iveco usually you will find that the contacts in the injector plugs need closing up or a new loom fitted, if thats any help to you!

hello bmtm87 i had problem with iveco daily were the injecter system caused my red light to come on and the engined idled when it 20mph and begain too cut out thn it run for while . i phoned iveco they said they put on the lap top . my mancanic frm back street garage got it running only for while . then i read your reply here above i txt him it this what happened its running thank u . no lap needed the red light is still on but so is my brake light on the dash so its working and bombing thank you for your advice cheers mate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gollygosh78 in Scoresby, Australia

72 months ago

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help!!!! PLEASE!!! Had the timing belt, pulley and tensioner replaced on our Iveco daily turbo diesel 2005 - 6,000km later, the bolts on pulley snaped - and timing belt went flying!! Our mechanic (who ofcourse will not cover it under warranty) can not find any info on cylinder head tension! Seems like most of you had already done the job a few times...... can you please supply me with the info - I really need the van back on the road (only so it can brake down again!) as rental charges are killing us!!! THANK YOU:=)AND yes what ever you do, DO NOT BUY an iveco I reckon this piece of S#*T spends more time in repair than on the road!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

harry 1 in Ballina, Ireland

72 months ago

big rick in Blyth, United Kingdom said: have an iveco van and trying to remove the water pump but stuck trying to remove the viscous fan pully. any help

you will find its a left hand thread

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

royboy123 in Swansea, United Kingdom

72 months ago

i have a boat fitted with an 8140 iveco 2-5 older type engine there is a pipe from the crankcase breather going nowhere on heavy revs it blows oil all over the place could anybody tell me where this goes too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stevenferney@hotmail.co.uk in Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom

71 months ago

jules in Northampton, United Kingdom said: hi i work at an iveco dealer, the only way you will be able to do this is if you get in contact with the original selling dealer, they should have the electronic and mechanical code of the key, this will only work if the locks and barrels havnt been changed priviously.

hi my boss has a iveco daily unijet hpi 04 plate 2.5 and the speedo has stopped has the cable snapped ,were does it come from? anyhelp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jules in Wellingborough, United Kingdom

71 months ago

hi the speedo is electronic no cable, you need to get under the vehiile and remove the speed sensor with a spanner (27 or 30 mm) if it has filings around it, clean of and refit as they work like an elctro magnet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vic in Cheshunt, United Kingdom

71 months ago

i have a prolem with my brakiveco daily when it warm up and i brakand the edu light flashes on i have taken it to main dealer and they say it is my radio causing the problem i had a jcv fitted ayear ago can you help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vic in Cheshunt, United Kingdom

71 months ago

vic in Cheshunt, United Kingdom said: i have a prolem with my iveco daily when it warm up and i brake the edu light flashes on i have taken it to main dealer and they say it is my radio causing the problem i had a jcv fitted ayear ago can you help

can you help

Jane21 in Manchester, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Can anyone please tell me the torque settings for bolt head on iveco 35S11 - hope this is
right as I don't really understand vans !!!! Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gordon in United Kingdom

71 months ago

jules4485 in Northampton, United Kingdom said: the computer will oly gear electrical faults your better of getting them to do a leak off test, i work for a dealer and that is what we would do

Hello Jules,
I have read your comments online on another matter and ould like some advice.I have a 2001 daily.The gears are stiff to change especially 1st/2 gear.Is there any way of solving this.Also hand brake keeps sticking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

are these problems happening when it is cold?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bazil Scaletchi in Timisoara, Romania

71 months ago

Jane21 in Manchester, United Kingdom said: Can anyone please tell me the torque settings for bolt head on iveco 35S11 - hope this is
right as I don't really understand vans !!!! Thanks

-1st step: pre-tightening with torque wrench to torque of
60 ± 5 Nm;
- 2nd step: return to torque of 60 ± 5 Nm;
- 3rd step: closing with 180° ± 10° angle.
?
It is essential to keep the gasket sealed in its package
until just before assembly.

Gordon in United Kingdom

71 months ago

Gordon in United Kingdom said: Hello Jules,
I have read your comments online on another matter and ould like some advice.I have a 2001 daily.The gears are stiff to change especially 1st/2 gear.Is there any way of solving this.Also hand brake keeps sticking.

yes it is

Gordon in United Kingdom

71 months ago

yes it is

Gordon in United Kingdom

71 months ago

yes it is happening when it is cold

71 months ago

ok the ol is just cold in the gearbox so it is thicker, perhaps change the oil, and there are little rubber boots on the handbrake cables that perish and let water in, when its cold the water freezes and doesnt allow the cable to realease, try some new cables

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gordon in United Kingdom

71 months ago

jules in Wellingborough, United Kingdom said: ok the ol is just cold in the gearbox so it is thicker, perhaps change the oil, and there are little rubber boots on the handbrake cables that perish and let water in, when its cold the water freezes and doesnt allow the cable to realease, try some new cables

THE van had new handbrakes cales put on 6000 miles ago,the person who had the van before me said to spray some wd40 on the linkage at the rear brakes.Also do you think that changing the oil wil rectify the prblemwith the gearbox.Has there been any other prblems with the iveco gearbox?

jeth in Ireland

71 months ago

Hi all ,my previous comment concerning stop cellonoid was infact a cold start which I sorted out,but engine still will not start.On trying to start its blowing gray/blue smoke but will not fire,diesel seems to be at injectors and I have removed spring and plunger out of stop selonoid,still no joy.Any help appreciated? by the way its a 94 2.5 td fiat Iveco 35/10

71 months ago

there having you over mate, the loom is just replaced with the same one as you had fitted before, just a new one,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onkel_buck in Warrington, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Hi, Is there any way of preventing this trouble from re-occurring. Was told old wiring loom had corroded and new one had better insulating!

71 months ago

I have a 2003 35C11 Iveco Daily 2.8 Turbo Diesel. What sort of fuel consumption would be normal for this vehicle?

Is the engine an interferance i.e. if the cambelt snapped would there be valve contact with pistons?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

hi, yes if belt snapped they would be damage dont know fuel consumption but it is about average for a vehcle this size

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

the wres dont corrode the terminals spread on injector #4 or #3 plug

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Thx Jules,
Just one more question. I have problems with the windscreen wiper control stalk and the light/indicator stalk. Sometimes they work fine other times you have to wiggle them up and down before they work. Is this a common problem on Ivecos? Should I replace them or is it something else?

trevor in Kildare, Ireland

71 months ago

onkel_buck in Warrington, United Kingdom said: Thx Jules,
Just one more question. I have problems with the windscreen wiper control stalk and the light/indicator stalk. Sometimes they work fine other times you have to wiggle them up and down before they work. Is this a common problem on Ivecos? Should I replace them or is it something else?

you need to take out the switches open them and solder all the connections i also had same problem every single connection had to be re-soldered

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

gordonjann in United Kingdom

71 months ago

hi,
i am looking for rear calipers for an iveco daily 29l.breakers have quoted £92,does anyonne have views on this offer.Also can the breakers be trusted to sell working parts?

Apeman in Slough, United Kingdom

71 months ago

jeth in Ireland said: Hi all ,my previous comment concerning stop cellonoid was infact a cold start which I sorted out,but engine still will not start.On trying to start its blowing gray/blue smoke but will not fire,diesel seems to be at injectors and I have removed spring and plunger out of stop selonoid,still no joy.Any help appreciated? by the way its a 94 2.5 td fiat Iveco 35/10

Hi, you need to adjust the cable to have about 1 or 2mm of free play when the engine is hot.
When the engine is cold the cable is short, thereby adjusting the pump, when hot the cable is longer and should have a little free play.

To get it started try manually moving the lever slightly, it only moves a few mmm anyway.

Also check heater plugs are working, it needs at least 2/3 when cold.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.