start my 2000 international 4700 dt466e

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Joseph in Ruther Glen, Virginia

30 months ago

First of all, the DT does not have glow plugs. If it is equipped with a grid heater ( and not all DT's are ) you would see a block, about three inches thick with two wires attached to them in your intake pipe on top of your intake manifold. Assuming you DO have a grid heater, they are activated when you turn the key to the "ON" position ( to the right, just before the "START" position )and you should see a "WAIT TO START" light on your dash display. The length of time that the light stays on is temperature dependent -- the warmer it is outside, the shorter the time it will be on.
On another note, if the engine will not start even with the use of the grid heater, then there are a number of different issues that could be causing it -- Power to your Injector Drive Module or ECM ( common ), injectors, high pressure oil pump, Injector Pressure Regulator, cam sensor, fuel pump, etc.
I am a trained International technician and am VERY familiar with this engine. If you have a Check Engine Light on and the engine will not start or "stumbles" a long time while trying to start and finally does start but runs rough and smokes like a freight train, the issue is your injectors or high pressure oil rail orings ( very common ). Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jean01 in Spring Valley, New York

30 months ago

i really appreciate your help; i' am at work, tomorrow i' am going to try your tip, and see from there.

thank you,

Jean

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry J in Brookville, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

I am helping a friend on a 2000 International 4000 DT466e. It starts up just fine in 2 or 3 seconds, It idles at about 500 RPM, when you step on the accelerator the RPM's go up to about 1200, then drops back to an idle and stays there. At this point the pedal has on effect. Pulled the code #134 said APS/IVS-- APS singal and IVS disagree. I replaced the APS/IVS switch, things did not change. I measured the voltage, 5 volts was present. Any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.