Are dietician job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most dietician opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Sugar Land, Texas

51 months ago

If someone is able to answer these questions, that would be great. I'd also ask anyone who is an RD to maybe describe a typical day for him/her. I know of clinical dietitians, but I understand working in a hospital setting is not always the case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DDH in Toledo, Ohio

49 months ago

I believe the available positions for RD's are on the rise or will be because of the obesity rate in adults and children which obviously impacts the rise in type 2 diabetes, heart disease etc. But with that being said, I am currenlty seeking new employment and I am having difficulty finding a full time position available in my local area ( a very rural part of Ohio). There seem to be several positions available in larger areas. These potions vary from acute care, dialysis centers, hospice and marketing type positions.

To respond to the question about a typical day... I currently work in long term/extended care. This means I complete nutritional assessments on all the patients, complete care plans, MDS, RAPS, complete audits of the dietary department, menu modifcations, nutrition education for the patients, customer service rounds, assess adequacy of tube feedings and TPN, wound/skin managment. Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.