What do you do if you can't eat fruits or veggies?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Maggie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Does anyone have suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Maggie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Does anyone else have this problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bianca Culbert in Sheffield, United Kingdom

82 months ago

Hard to say as you did not write why you cannot eat them.

Have you tried juicing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andagi in Kailua, Hawaii

74 months ago

If the problem is caused by taste, than perhaps you could try smoothies? Or try to smother the taste with another food that you like. Maybe you could take vitamin and mineral supplements. Fiber supplements might help, too, as fruits and veggies are good sources of fiver.

Fruits and vegetables are essential to diet as they provide several essential vitamins and minerals, which are necessary for body processes. Not eating them can lead to vitamin or mineral deficiencies. I think you should see a registered dietician.

Nutrient deficiencies can result in all sorts of things such as depression, dull hair, tooth decay, emotional instability, poor posture, digestional problems, etc.

I hope that answered your question. :p n_n

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry4mk in Omaha, Nebraska

72 months ago

I agree w/Andagi from Hawaii. Frts & vgts are good sources of fiber so it's good to try to comsume some of them. Smoothies, soups or stews are all good ways to get them in.
If chewing is a problem, veggies can be steamed very soft or even pureed in a food processor or blender.
Taste is another problem. I would suggest trying them, one at a time, to learn to like some of them plain. If you can handle the extra calories, veggies w/cheese sauce may be to your liking. I have found I like parmesan cheese on steamed zucchini or brussels sprouts, so I imagine it may be good on ohers, too!!
I'd be happy to address any other nutritional questions you may have, as I am a registered dietitian & mom of 2!
Terry M., MS, RD, LMNT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.