What are typical direct care worker salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Casey in Abilene, Texas

84 months ago

I live here in abilene and At the abilene state school i do direct care and i make about $10.70 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suzy q in El Paso, Texas

77 months ago

it just depends i started out in atlanta at 11hr with a dollar shift differential..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mamakeith1 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Dawn S in Farmington, Michigan said: The highest pay in Wayne Co. for Direct Care is $8.00 hr. We deserve at least $10.00 hr, for everything we do for these clients, their homes, the companies.

we deserve 12-15 we work hard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

it would be better if you got a cna license there is not much difference and cna's make about 4 more dollars per hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

grace-john@att.net in Fort Worth, Texas

76 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

I think is better to go buck to school to get more knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suzy q in El Paso, Texas

76 months ago

in atlanta i started out at 10 witha dollar shift differntial

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

in pittsburgh you start between 9 and 10

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

claresa in New York, New York

61 months ago

In NY the norm is between $8.50- $12. I currently make $12hr. There are agencies that pay more around $12- $15. The pay depends on what state you live in and the company. In NY the norm is between $8.50- $11.50. It goes up according to experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

claresa in New York, New York said: In NY the norm is between $8.50- $12. I currently make $12hr. There are agencies that pay more around $12- $15. The pay depends on what state you live in and the company. In NY the norm is between $8.50- $11.50. It goes up according to experience.

Im looking for the listing for yhe direct care jobs that pay fifteen, after all u also have to consider in living in NYC.

Allen in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

Allen in Brooklyn, New York said: Im looking for the listing for yhe direct care jobs that pay fifteen, after all u also have to consider in living in NYC.

plz excuse the type o errors

Jackie in Logan, Utah

11 months ago

mamakeith1 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: it would be better if you got a cna license there is not much difference and cna's make about 4 more dollars per hour

I wouldn't count on making more as a cna. I work as a cna in Utah and starting pay for most places is about $8/hr.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.