Getting a director of housekeeping job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing director of housekeeping work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

anabell in Kissimmee, Florida

54 months ago

Personally, I started off as a custodial manager then went off to be a housekeeping manager. I also got a degree for Hosp. Mgmt. but you could even get a business degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CATAKT in Pacoima, California

42 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing director of housekeeping work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I just retired from a Dir. of Houskeeping position after 42 years in Hopsitals, 30 to be exact. Started as a housekeeper, completed 2 year college, 650 academic hours in Executive Housekeeping Management, over 300 seminars including Leadership training, Infection Control, Customer Service and many many more. I Always liked it from the bigining, still do. I currently hold workhops in hospitals related to these subjects & Compliance for The joint commission, and the State of California Health and Safety regulations. Greate career, and very staisfying. You must remember that Housekeeping is an important team of professionals that mainatin the environment in a safe and sanitary condition at all times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.