How to get a Job in Human Resources

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Cohen in Dayton, New Jersey

92 months ago

I am a recent MBA grad, and am interested in getting a job in this field.. Any suggestions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PW in Holmdel, New Jersey

56 months ago

Unfortunately, in the field of HR the academic or theorectical knowledge and application for today's human behavior is nothing like the real world, practical application and interaction. Starting from the ground floor and becoming familiar or is the best way to gain true insight. Maybe you can get an HR Assistant, Coordinator or Generalist position and become a mentee, then work your way up. I did that and went back for MS and thank goodness I did because there was miminal correlation, although the concept was the same, the experience is like apples and oranges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

kmorgan1 in Trenton, New Jersey

42 months ago

Do I need to take classes for anything in particular? I was thinking about going to MCCC and taking the Office Automation certificate program.

kjody in Sidney, Manitoba

41 months ago

I have just received my certificate in human resource management, 4 years of schooling. Now, how do I get a job in my field, all of the jobs I have seen for human resources they are wanting candidates with 3+ years experience. Do I go for a position such as a HR assistant or what???

Brooklyn Babe in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

The things that HR Managers need to know that they are lacking is. After the interviews are over, let the candidates who came in know if they will advance to the next round or if they should be getting a rejection letter. Don't put you phone on voicemail all day long to avoid them. You expect candidates to provide you with salary exp etc, and you just kick them to the curb. If you don't plan to hire, why are you wasting everyones time. You do not pay candidates time for gas, parking, taking time off of work etc. At least have some repect. Some of you just interview to look busy. You can be let go just like anyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.