get started in the hr line

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

cindy in Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Hey
I am a recent graduate of penn state and i majored in employment relations im looking to start work in the human resource field but i am unsure of what i should apply for since most jobs i,ve looked at ask for a minimum of 3-5yrs experience . What can i look for to get into the job market and is there a certain job title to be looking for . Please any advice would be aprreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark

71 months ago

I have heard from people in the industry to apply as a Compensation Analyst to get your foot in the door and gain experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Warren, Ohio

71 months ago

cindy in Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania said: Hey
I am a recent graduate of penn state and i majored in employment relations im looking to start work in the human resource field but i am unsure of what i should apply for since most jobs i,ve looked at ask for a minimum of 3-5yrs experience . What can i look for to get into the job market and is there a certain job title to be looking for . Please any advice would be aprreciated

What I did Cindy was break the job discription down. You may have not held the title of human resource director, but are you skilled or experienced at doing any of the tasks? If so List them under human resources on your resume when your explaning what responsibilities you had in your last job. I hope this was helpful.

Lynn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.