Are director of internal audit job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most director of internal audit opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Knupp in Temecula, California

87 months ago

I have a few Director of Internal Audit Positions. I specialize in the San Fernando Valley area so if you knwo anyone who may be interested, let me know...
I also have a great candidate in the area and another in the Cerritos area so if you now anyone hiring, let me know that as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Experienced Auditor

54 months ago

The job market for Audit Directors is dead and showing no sign of coming back to life. Welcome to the recession.

The only Audit Director jobs out there are ones that no one wants located in towns noone has heard of except for the local sheep farmer. The good jobs are already taken and the auditors that have them aren't moving. Not in this economy.

Former Director of Audit in Apopka, Florida

53 months ago

Director of Audit jobs are starting to return; but they are in the places they have always been (i.e. New York, Boston, California, DC) The reasons these jobs exist, then and now, is because they can't fill them. Why, because you can't afford to live in those areas on the salaries they want to pay. Starting salaries now are off at least 25% from what they once were with no signs of changing. In smaller markets it even worse. Case in point a Dir position in FL with a large company wanted someone with 10+ years of experienc and wanted to pay, get this, 80-85K. Someone willing to relocate can't because they can't sell their house and there is no relocation package. This isn't a recession, this is like living in a Steven King novel.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.