What are typical director of pharmacy salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

nic in Memphis, Tennessee

91 months ago

none

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I'mnottelling in Milford, Connecticut

91 months ago

I make 125K/year after 24 years @ the same job. To be a great DOP, learn people skills!!! Low employee turnover is key...make staff happy by allowing them to have inout into their schedules!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Geno in Missouri in Aldrich, Missouri

82 months ago

Location has a lot to do with the salary you can get. More desirable locations often pay less even with a higher cost of living. Also, "Director of Pharmacy" is a very general job description. You can be director of a small hospital with only one pharmacist, or be director over a system with multiple facilities. I am director for a multiple facilities encompassing 400+ beds, and 60+ employees. I make around $165,000 per year. Learning as much as possible about the health care business is my recommendation for success in this position. Also, as much leadership training as you can stomach.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

QualityRx in Fresno, California

54 months ago

Geographic location and hospital size have a lot to do with salary. The director of pharmacy at UCSF (around 1000 beds and 4 hospitals)made 218,000/year in 2007 (This is public information posted on their website). Most CA Directors earn between 175,000 - 190,000 - There are a many now pushing and/or exceeding the 200K mark. Particularly since regulatory pressure has increase and leadership with extensive experience and training is a must....Many Directors in CA have Pharm.D degrees, advanced practice residency training, and MBA degree's. With recent legislative accountability and a general lack of leadership in pharmacy practice salary's of those with strong leadership skills and vision have been excellent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.