Executive Protection

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

David Beach in Redlands, California

95 months ago

AAR-EP Basic LMS Defense:
Just finished the 60 hour basic course in executive and dignitary protection by LMS Defense (www.lmsdefense.com if you don’t see the class at the location you’re at, call them, my class wasn’t even on the schedule but they plugged me in with a group). Although they have classes all over, I took the one in Arizona.
We arrived Sunday w/ thoughts of a relaxing evening before the beginning of training on Monday…well here's the rub: EP doesn’t work that way and this is a real world class.
I don’t want to spoil the surprises so I’ll keep it vague, but when you show up: stand-by to stand-by…
It was an intensive program covering planning, driving, tactics, medical, and firearms. There was very little time spent sitting in the classroom (which I liked). Most of it was in the field, hands-on, training.
The students came from all walks of life: sales, marketing, military, law enforcement, fire protection, the restaurant biz, security, and teaching. However, by following the detailed curriculum our teams were able to address the assignments issued and through teamwork accomplish the tasks.
By Tuesday we felt like it was Wed. or Thurs. Amazingly by Friday and after days of little sleep and tight confines the students were still upbeat and focused on doing their best at each job. I was amazed at the positive attitude the staff and students exhibited throughout the training. I was truly impressed by all of the other students…not one a**clown in the whole bunch.
If you have any desire to get into the fields of dignitary or executive protection, I would strongly recommend this course. As a result of contacts made through the lead instructor, one of the students actually began the interview process with a very exclusive protection detail based out of Washington D.C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charlton on travel in Bothell, Washington

90 months ago

Thanks for the review. Looking at possible career shift in this direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.