how to start a truck dispatching business?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 304)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

sheila in Des Moines, Iowa

27 months ago

Fijora in Cumming, Georgia said: If you all ready have driver that's good start from.. i m not that much in too this but here is some information you can start searching of course if you have all information mc# insurance ect. ect. you have to find broker but be careful there is not good one out there they are not paying,, try to contact truckstop.com try to sign with them but expect to pay for site access

He already has membership with internet Truckstop however they dont have any loads for car haulers. In January he got his broker license, bond and has everything to start brokering, but he has been trying to push that on me and i feel like i would be jumping into the ocean without knowing how to swim. I need more knowledge and experience otherwise i would just be setting myself up for failure. I wouldnt even know where to begin and I don't like failure just need to gain knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

hi, I am new in dispatching business. My husband is a truck driver, and so are his friends, and they asked me to start dispatching for them. I really need some help with the learning the ins and outs of the business and I would much appreciate any help I can get. Please email me if you think you can help me.

Anne in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

please help me my email is cigarsandgifts@sbcglobal.net Thanks

dwinns17 in Glenview, Illinois

27 months ago

I am working with my husband. He is currently carrying grain. He is an owner operator. Within a year he will be getting his own authority and buying maybe two more trucks. I will be completing all the dispatching, tax forms payroll and all the other office work for our company. But I dont know much about dispatching billing finding loads and any other paper work. So I was wondering where should I start. I will be doing this from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

heary in San Leandro, California

27 months ago

I am looking into dispatching and trying to get some information on working from home and can use this information. very appreciated! heer10@att.net

beechesteph

26 months ago

Hello I'm trying to open up my own dispatching company from home. Can someone help me and tell me what I need and what I have to do in order to do this. I'm from New York and also need to know if there are any specific requirements that I need to knoww about.please also advice I need it. Greatly appreciated. My. Email is beechesteph@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie s in Lindenhurst, New York

26 months ago

hello im trying to open up my own home truck dispatching company. can someone help me and tell me what i need and what i have to do in order to do so. im from NY also need to know if there are any specific requirements that i need to know about, please also ADVICE is BIG!!! i need it. my email is beechesteph@yahoo.com thank you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa robles in Miami, Florida

26 months ago

jtrent in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I have considered starting the same sort of company. I have owned a few different businesses. I am familiar with the necessary paperwork to start the business . I would possibly consider doing this with you. What knowledge of the business would you be able to contribute?

hi, my name is lisa I also want to open a dispatching office . i have the experience of a professional dispatcher and i practly know all the steps that i need to take to open my office I just need drivers .please contact me my e-amil is lisa121607@aol.com thank u!!

Daddi in Garland, Texas

26 months ago

I need help! I have a friend who already is a truci owner and driver, I want to by my own truck, find some serious driver and will like to traine my self to do my frien and my own dispatch but I have some frinds in the business telling me that is not profitable if I do not drive my self, first I have already a job and I cannnot go out of town because I have kids.

Please I will like to have advises and more info about how to be a dispatcher
my email mdaddi10@yahoo.com
Thank you to every one in the blog.

john in Spokane, Washington

26 months ago

I used to be a broker agent and a driver i been in this industry for 16 years i want to be a dispatcher is any body looking for help
contact me at johnjsiebert@gmail.com

efi in Des Plaines, Illinois

26 months ago

scott b in Milford, Connecticut said: jtrent, my name is Scott I would like to make up a plan for you to look at. I can set up a business plan for the dispatch of loads "coast to coast". please let me know via email if you are interested in partnering with me in the future. Sincerely, Scott B.

Hi scott, i am about to start the business with quite enough drivers. so if you still interested to maximize your revenue please contact me i will share you what i got.

ManyDfl in North Hollywood, California

26 months ago

HELLO
iam Looking For A Load . We Have A 50 Trucks Around The Country . Send Me a Mail direct To : Maanydfl@gmail.com

reyder roman in Hialeah, Florida

25 months ago

Hello everybody.... im just really concerned and how to actually start a dispatcher company..... if anybody is bored BUT knows what they are talking about....... Can u please send me all the information needed to Beginning... from what liscenses i need to what programs i have to download w.e it takes to begin i wanna know...... PLEASE and ty...... Reyderroman@yahoo.com thats my email please help me and ty

Mrs Poston in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

25 months ago

Hi everyone, my husband is looking to become and o/op and I would like to be a dispatcher as well as his dispatcher. Is there any information that you can offer me on how to get started? Any and all information is appreciated. Please send information to rochelleposton@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Freight Dispatcher in Peoria, Illinois

25 months ago

Dispatch Businesses are a good way to go, however, there are some things to remember. 1) know who you are working with. This is important. 2) Define how you are getting paid up front. Don't move a single load until this is determined. 3) Don't grow too fast, but do diversify.

In my experience, do not commit on any load unless the driver has A) All the information, B) Commits to doing the load) & C) knows where the load after the current one is located. Drivers take deadhead very serious.

Best Regards,

Phil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rasgm1983@gmail.com in Plainsboro, New Jersey

25 months ago

Freight Dispatcher in Peoria, Illinois said: Dispatch Businesses are a good way to go, however, there are some things to remember. 1) know who you are working with. This is important. 2) Define how you are getting paid up front. Don't move a single load until this is determined. 3) Don't grow too fast, but do diversify.

In my experience, do not commit on any load unless the driver has A) All the information, B) Commits to doing the load) & C) knows where the load after the current one is located. Drivers take deadhead very serious.

Best Regards,

Phil

Would you give me some advice on how to get trucks to get loads for my dispatch?

Helen in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if anybody will be able to give me resourceful advice to help me get started with becoming a dispacher. Please help I am really interested to get started as soon as I know what I am doing . You can email me at Helenza08@hotmail.com ......Thanks in regards !!!

JESSE in Roselle, Illinois

25 months ago

I have my own truck and want to start my own dispatch. tell me some helpful hints about fixing rates with a shipper or some helpful websites to start this dispatching

zuley shakirova in cumming, Georgia

25 months ago

Hello,
i want to learn all steps for trucking dispatcher, i do not know all details, i would appreciate if someone will respond my e-mail.
i am planning work from home and what is the best tips i could get about dispatches, and how do i get loads,and what type of loads for drive vans.

sincerely Zuley

dwinns17 in Elmwood Park, Illinois

25 months ago

Hi! My husband owns his own truck. He works under someone elses authority. In the next two years he will be buying another truck and also hiring some owner operators. I will be the dispatcher. I will be doing all the dispatching finding loads, billing with the rail yard. dealing with the elevators as far as containers that need to be pulled from the rail yard booking numbers. I will also be doing our drivers misc. tax forms at the end of the year. I ride with him right now but I still don't really know where to start. Any free inf or advice on where to start will be helpful. Especially from dispatchers who all ready know the business will be greatly appreciated. Please email me detailed information at mysweetroses_03@yahoo.com

dwinns17 in Elmwood Park, Illinois

25 months ago

lisa robles in Miami, Florida said: hi, my name is lisa I also want to open a dispatching office . i have the experience of a professional dispatcher and i practly know all the steps that i need to take to open my office I just need drivers .please contact me my e-amil is lisa121607@aol.com thank u!!

can you teach me the steps

Jordan1 in Carson, California

25 months ago

Dev in Renton, Washington said: I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

Hello i was reading your post i am also interested in starting my own dispatch company i wanted to know if you could also email me some information on getting started

Freight Dispatcher in Peoria, Illinois

25 months ago

rasgm1983@gmail.com in Plainsboro, New Jersey said: Would you give me some advice on how to get trucks to get loads for my dispatch?

What type of trailers are you looking to load?

Afshan in Laval, Quebec

25 months ago

Hi
I recently lost my job and now I am planing to start a dispatcher job from home. My father and brother are owner operators so I can start dispach their truck loads.If anyone can send me some information on dispatching I will be very great ful to you. You can email me at afshankhzir@hotmail.com

balkaran in Fresno, California

25 months ago

hi everybody,i just bought gmc 4500 van truck.16f box how can i start getting some load .

MarieC in Soperton, Georgia

25 months ago

Val in Lincoln, Nebraska said: Dev, I would much appreciate any information you have collected. I am gathering information myself but it is slow and tedious and would be mighty grateful for the help.

Thanks

could you send me this information that you aquired in establising your own business? I wantto start one in Georgia

Marie

ladelisa in Anniston, Alabama

24 months ago

Is there anyone that is looking for a dispatcher for their business, if so could you please pass that information along to me. I have been trained and looking for some drivers that need a dispatcher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Max in Arlington, Texas

24 months ago

Dev in Renton, Washington said: I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

Please also send me some guidance. I want to become a Truck Dispatcher with extensive knowledge and covering all aspects of this business. I want to start my own business.

Thanks

pinda in Oakland, California

24 months ago

I have already 3 truck , I want pick up my own load . How can I pick up my own load plz help me

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

24 months ago

Ladelisa in Gadsden, Bama,

Are there any great trucking companies out there that will teach you to drive tractor trailers for them?

Here's the catch though....when I say great I mean like a UPS type.

Or do you have just suck it up and go with a bad one for 2 yrs to get the experience, then move on to a great one?

ladelisa in Gadsden, Alabama

24 months ago

Can you still help with a list of drivers although you have completed your training and have all the tool. I just need a list of drivers.

Thanks in advance,
Ladelisa

iri in Chicago, Illinois

23 months ago

Hello ! I'm Iryna from Chicago
My husband bought car GMC Savana(cube) and started to work with some dispethers.
I would like to be dispatcher for my husband too.
Can you say me some information how i can start, web address where i can found companies to haul for ,
how do i charge them, what kind of mapping program should I have for giving directions ,and any esle I should know.

my e-mail - lionspiritus88@gmail.com

please help.
thank you so much

Abdul in Columbus, Ohio

23 months ago

A & D Logistics, Inc. in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: We are currently seeking dispatchers to work from home. We accept applicants without experience. On the job training will be provided. Excellent pay.

Hi,

I am in Columbus, Ohio and I recently separated veteran from US Marine Corps. Also, I am of Somali descendent and would like to get into the truck dispatching business. So, can you please help and thank you in advance for all of your help. By the way before I forget where and how can I fill the application for your company?.

Abdul

manvir.singh87@yahoo.com in New Albany, Ohio

23 months ago

lakhwinds in Bakersfield, California said: helllo just wana know wht kind freight u haul

you got any luck with starting dispatching business, just reply if u could get this message.

henry

23 months ago

Hi ...my name henry can you help me how can I start to become dispatch?????

omar in Decatur, Georgia

23 months ago

Hi i am looking to starting my own dispatcher job from home. I wondering if anyone can send me some information on what I need to do to get started that I need. i have my laptop only email at abdiz84@hotmail.com and plz be specific

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gstywall in Charlotte, North Carolina

23 months ago

I co-mangaged several trucking companies from 02-09 i am looking for a refresher on dispatching. i took the freightbrokering class in 2003 just wondering has anything changed since 2009 other than fuel prices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annette Lane in Queenstown, Maryland

22 months ago

No I did not

Annette Lane in Queenstown, Maryland

22 months ago

I have been unsuccessful in getting any detailed information about starting my own dispatch business.

Alex in West Sacramento, California

22 months ago

Im starting my own trucking company. I already have my tax id and EIN #, soon I will open MC# and USDOT#, and I will apply for IFTA license too. Is there anything else I need to know? Any other documents? Any specific details that I missing?

Thank you asap. 

Terry Logistics in Boulder, Colorado

22 months ago

Alex in West Sacramento, California said: Im starting my own trucking company. I already have my tax id and EIN #, soon I will open MC# and USDOT#, and I will apply for IFTA license too. Is there anything else I need to know? Any other documents? Any specific details that I missing?

Thank you asap.

Find a Professional Dispatcher

Kristina_iva in Sacramento, California

22 months ago

Hello, im trying to start a truck dispatching business. what do i need for this business? should i buy a truck or should i just dispatch other Truckers? what license are needed?what are good websites for loads? If anyone can help please email kristinaiva1989@gmail.com
Thank you

Merari16

21 months ago

Hi there, i know these posting are oldso not sure if you're still connected, but if you are-
I am just now starting to research on how to start dispatching from home. I have NO experience
But my fiance owns 2trucks an i really would like to do this for US. Can you send me any info
That may help a beginner like me?? Merari16@comcast.net
Thanks!!!

Diana in Vancouver, Washington

21 months ago

Merari16 said: Hi there, i know these posting are oldso not sure if you're still connected, but if you are-
I am just now starting to research on how to start dispatching from home. I have NO experience
But my fiance owns 2trucks an i really would like to do this for US. Can you send me any info
Thanks!!!

i'll really appreciate if you'll find some time to send and me the info you have.Thank you

Merari16

21 months ago

Mhd Nashville in Smyrna, Tennessee said: Hi friend,

any one who can help me the necessary file documents to create in Truck dispach office, any materails for help, web site, write up nd etc

Hi, i know these posting are old so not sure if you're still connected, but if you are-
Thanks!!!

Merari16

21 months ago

Debbie Kaur in Fresno, California said: Hello Everybody, single mom interested to start truck dispatching business . i have no idea where to learn or where to start. any information is helpful. i am looking for school in California where i can learn this business. if anybody can help, please contact me at debbiekaur23@gmail.com

Hi there, i know these posting are old so not sure if you're still connected, but if you are-
But my fiance owns 2trucks an i really would like to do this for US. I found a school called CAP and so far really like that they offer one on one training and the lady Pam was extremely kind & professional. I might start there- but was wondering how it worked out for you...Can you send me any info
Thanks!!!

Merari16

21 months ago

nicolekeel16 said: just listen to everything she says i took her class and she knows what she is talking about keep me intouch after you finish and we might could help eachother but pam is always ther just call on her

Hi! I am thinking of taking training with Cap- wondering how are you doing? Was it helpful and are
You doing well in your dispatching business? Thanks...

gina in Des Plaines, Illinois

21 months ago

Nikie in Armstrong, Iowa said: I am looking at starting my own dispatcher job from home. I wa wondering if anyone can send me some information on what I need to do to get started Android what type of forms that I need. Or if anyone needs help with dispatching. Please email at countrygirlniowa@hotmail.com. Thanks

Please anyone send me information about dispatching business. Thanks guys

gina in Des Plaines, Illinois

21 months ago

enguun_a@yahoo.com

sherrijgrotts in Seymour, Missouri

21 months ago

gstywall in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I co-mangaged several trucking companies from 02-09 i am looking for a refresher on dispatching. i took the freightbrokering class in 2003 just wondering has anything changed since 2009 other than fuel prices.

Well, I can tell you - it's gone downhill and it keeps going downhill REAL FAST! I've been in the Trucking Industry just over 20 years. I'm also an EX-Truck Driver. Presently I'm a Independent Agent for Landstar. Most Freight Brokers these days are taking way over the 15% you used to see them taking - now it's more like 30%! My pasion is the Trucking Industry - Helping Truck Drivers find the best paying freight I can according to their requirements. I am also an Ex-Safety Director. so I can help in those areas as well. I can see by reading all these posts that there are a lot of people hurting in this recession/depression, and I believe I can help them too. Maybe this is what GOD intended for me to do? I'm hoping to give up my Agency with Landstar and become a full time Independent Dispatcher. If I can help any of you, let me know and I'll do the best I can as far as Dispatching advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.