how to start a truck dispatching business?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 304)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

gsolominka in West Sacramento, California

7 months ago

hello guys, I wanted to start a truck dispatch business, for myself, how do I start, and what do I need, I've heard that you need some software to run a dispatch business, please help me if you can, I would be really appreciate , I've lost my job and wanted to try something different for myself. Thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gsolominka in West Sacramento, California

7 months ago

gsolominka in West Sacramento, California said: hello guys, I wanted to start a truck dispatch business, for myself, how do I start, and what do I need, I've heard that you need some software to run a dispatch business, please help me if you can, I would be really appreciate , I've lost my job and wanted to try something different for myself. Thank you very much

my e-mail address is gsolominka123@gmail.com

Tim in Brooklyn, Michigan

7 months ago

I would like to start my own INDEPENDENT TRUCK DISPATCHING BUSINESS.

This is what I’ve gotten from this site so far:

1. A dispatch service is actually considered a 3rd Party Logistics Company/Service (3PL)

2. I need an agreement / contract, or working agreement that spells out what you will do, not do, at what price, etc. for the carrier.

3. I need a Power of Attorney (POA) to grant me legal permission to book loads, setup broker/shipper paperwork for loads, and complete rate quotes, manage paperwork remotely, invoice, etc in the name of the contracted carrier company to us the carrier’s MC# and DOT#.

4. I need to be listed on the carrier's Insurance as a certificate holder.

5. I could need a business license (where applicable by jurisdiction. some will need a license for their business and others won't. this is typically at local, county, or state level. one needs to find this out for their location)

6. I need Insurance (liability) don't hang myself out to dry

7. A list of carrier’s to work with.

What am I missing? tim@benderpociask.com.

7 months ago

I would like to start my own INDEPENDENT TRUCK DISPATCHING BUSINESS.

This is what I’ve gotten from this site so far:

1. A dispatch service is actually considered a 3rd Party Logistics Company/Service (3PL)

2. I need an agreement / contract, or working agreement that spells out what you will do, not do, at what price, etc. for the carrier.

3. I need a Power of Attorney (POA) to grant me legal permission to book loads, setup broker/shipper paperwork for loads, and complete rate quotes, manage paperwork remotely, invoice, etc in the name of the contracted carrier company to us the carrier’s MC# and DOT#.

4. I need to be listed on the carrier's Insurance as a certificate holder.

5. I could need a business license (where applicable by jurisdiction. some will need a license for their business and others won't. this is typically at local, county, or state level. one needs to find this out for their location)

6. I need Insurance (liability) don't hang myself out to dry

7. A list of carrier’s to work with.

What am I missing? tim@benderpociask.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

BeenAroundAwhile said: I don't want to rain on anyone's dream here, but there is way more to operating a dispatcher business that is being mentioned on the site you offer. It leaves out a few very significant points. (perhaps they are in the book they offer for sale.) But anyway, a dispatch service is actually considered a 3PL (3rd Party Logistics Company/Service) and aside from the obvious agreement for services a carrier would have to grant you, via Power of Attorney , permission to negotiate, and do business on their behalf. Depending on the arrangement your business needs to ideally be listed as a certificate holder on the carrier's insurance policy, or you need to be directly employed by the carrier and forego having your own dispatch business. Without the Power of Attorney, you can't legally represent a carrier to a broker or shipper and should you try, there is the outside chance your actions to do so could be considered fraud since the MC#/DOT#, etc are issued by the FMSCA directly to the carrier strictly for the use of the carrier and without express written agreement you have no right to use any carriers registrant numbers of profile.

Another false assumption that often comes up is that as a dispatch company you do not have to have insurance as with a proper agreement you are either convered under the carrier agreement or they agree not to hold you responsible. Neither actually exempts you from being liable in the event of certain circumstances. Your personal liability insurance also may not cover you.

Your first stop when thinking about getting into any aspect of the transportation business is to check local business registration/license issues and insurance coverage needs.

Please email me at tim@benderpociask.com

Tim in Lansing, Michigan

7 months ago

Is there any nice to have software for running a dispatch business?
Or will Microsoft office and Quickbooks work just fine?

Chris in Hollywood, Florida

6 months ago

Im thinking of trying truck dispatching?
I am an entrepeneur and a family member was tellingme about the truck dispatching business.
I want to know how much money can e made by owning a truck dispatching company and what are some forecasts in the industry. I am not really trying to find out about salary and employment but mostly on the business side. Any one any advise?

gonysound in Far Rockaway, New York

6 months ago

I you don't mind I would like some info on just a few things before I get started. I'm glad I kept reading this far.... please contact me if you can. Gonysound@gmail.com thank you.

ladyz and a load in Baltimore, Maryland said: first of all let me say the stuff i read on here about starting a dispatch company was so far fetched. now i have a dispatch company a brokerage and a trucking company. when i started i started with the trucking company and felt that i did not have enough knowledge to continue running it so i voluntary revoked my trucking company for a year, this allowed me to start a dispatch company to gain the knowledge i needed to go back. i started it by running an add on craigslist basically saying i was looking for authority's who needed help with carrier relations such as dispatch and contracts etc. i spoke with the federal motor carrier who told me you do not need a license to do this but you do need a contract between you and that authority. so all the talk about power of attorney and so fourth i don't know were that comes from. after doing this for a year i applied for my broker licence which became active may 2 2013 and now i have reactivated my trucking company to bring in owner operators

Tonya in Mansfield, Texas

6 months ago

Freight Broker Trainer in Quad Cities, Illinois said: I'm just curious to what is farfetched. I only can speak for myself but I dispatch (7) step decks of which I make around $3500 per week on average for my cut. If a person knows what there doing and does not prostitute the industry like a lot of the weaker people who do not know the industry the money is there. I have already owned my own trucking company. It was not big I only had (14) trucks and with (5) Step Decks and (4) RGN's. I sold them a few years ago so I am probably not qualified to speak on this topic LOL. I have also been there done that with brokerage. I have built and sold (3) of them.

I guess my question is what is so FARFETCHED. I am asking what you are doing a month in
volume for dispatch? brokerage? trucking? What is the margin in which you try to hit for profit?
Please, Please tell me as I am so willing to learn.

Hello
I have dispatch and broker agent experience and im now a stay at home mom looking to start dispatching again. Do you know of a company or any one who needs a dispatcher?? And your weekly average is awesome:)

Tonya in Mansfield, Texas

6 months ago

Scott,

Thanks. Yes, i have actually done both at the same time as well, but I prefer dispatching. So im looking for trucks that could use my assistants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dwanna in Wilson, North Carolina

5 months ago

Hello, I would like to know any information you have regarding Dispatch for loads. My husband is a new truck driver and i would like to get him some business. Thanks for your assist. my email is dwanna33@yahoo.com

selaan00

5 months ago

ladyz and a load in Baltimore, Maryland said: first of all let me say the stuff i read on here about starting a dispatch company was so far fetched. now i have a dispatch company a brokerage and a trucking company. when i started i started with the trucking company and felt that i did not have enough knowledge to continue running it so i voluntary revoked my trucking company for a year, this allowed me to start a dispatch company to gain the knowledge i needed to go back. i started it by running an add on craigslist basically saying i was looking for authority's who needed help with carrier relations such as dispatch and contracts etc. i spoke with the federal motor carrier who told me you do not need a license to do this but you do need a contract between you and that authority. so all the talk about power of attorney and so fourth i don't know were that comes from. after doing this for a year i applied for my broker licence which became active may 2 2013 and now i have reactivated my trucking company to bring in owner operators

I found your comment most useful. Can we talk a little more about this? If you can my email is selaan00@gmail.com

Tim in Brighton, Michigan

5 months ago

Tell us all more.

emmayan in Rosemead, California

5 months ago

me in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I already have a driver (my uncle) and for now this is enough for me. I have the web sites from which I will get the load information. So my questions are what else do I need to do or have in place? Any special licenses? as my uncle already hauls for somebody but told me he would drive for me once I get everything started. Any other details I would have to do to get this up and running? It will be just me and my uncle for starters.

hello, i m intrested in the truck dispatcher , can you tell me how to be a qualified a truck dispatcher ?

5 months ago

me in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I already have a driver (my uncle) and for now this is enough for me. I have the web sites from which I will get the load information. So my questions are what else do I need to do or have in place? Any special licenses? as my uncle already hauls for somebody but told me he would drive for me once I get everything started. Any other details I would have to do to get this up and running? It will be just me and my uncle for starters.

HI , DO you have open your own business on the truck dispatch ? i m interested with this truck dispatcher , can you send me some information about how to be a qualified dispatcher or how to get this course? thank you !

5 months ago

Hello, I would like to know any information you have regarding Dispatch for loads and how to be a truck dispatcher . My husband is a truck driver and i would like to get him some business. Thanks for your assist. my email is emmayan0729@gmail.com

5 months ago

Luxky Trucks in Glenwood, Iowa said: email me at doxmax99@aim.com and let's talk. I can help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

hi , i m intersted in truck dispatcher too, can you offer me some information about that . thank you so much . my email is emmayan0729@gmail.com

Gsanders in Powder Springs, Georgia

5 months ago

I am trying to start my own dispatch from home business. Can you or anyone please give me some information or tips on what I need to do to get up and running. Email me at gsanders23@yahoo.com

Jim Oxenreider in Centerville, Iowa

5 months ago

Need some clarification on something? I received a phonecall from a loadboard that signed up for. They asked me if I was a carrier or a broker and then tells me that if I book a load on their website for another carrier than that is illegal and double brokering.

Bill2284 in Lemont, Illinois

5 months ago

Dev in Renton, Washington said: I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

I'm also looking to start my own dispatching company and would like to get some info on how to get started. any help would be great thanks.

billspirovski@gmail.com please email me so we can talk

rorou in Schaumburg, Illinois

4 months ago

Hi everyone. Me and my father are in the process of setting up a dispatching service. We already have some potential drivers, know what websites to get loads from, and have accounting skills for billing, etc. However, we can't seem to find any info regarding typical pay percantages for dispatchers, how to format a dispatch/ carrier contract and tips/ advise for starting a dispaching company. would be much appreciated if anyone could give some advise/ info my email is rorouscillo@gmail.com thanks

ladyj in Winnsboro, South Carolina

4 months ago

Dev in Renton, Washington said: I can send you detailed information that I aquired over time cuz I am working on to start my own dispatch too. email me

I would like to get some information on beceoming a dispatcher, my husband drives a truck and has is own authority, but works for another, and i want to put his authority to use, and book his loads from home.

ladyj in Winnsboro, South Carolina

4 months ago

rorou in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Hi everyone. Me and my father are in the process of setting up a dispatching service. We already have some potential drivers , know what websites to get loads from, and have accounting skills for billing , etc. However, we can't seem to find any info regarding typical pay percantages for dispatchers, how to format a dispatch / carrier contract and tips/ advise for starting a dispaching company. would be much appreciated if anyone could give some advise/ info my email is rorouscillo@gmail.com thanks

I would love to get some information on this issue, I dont know anything about the business, my husband has his athuroity and i want to work from home. this info will help me !

Marie in Fontana, California

4 months ago

Hi, I'm a first time/stay at home mom. My dad has asked me to become his dispatcher. This is a great opportunity for me since we need a second income, but I don't know where to start... I need some guidance on which sites to trust...(jb hunt, ch robinson) please refer me to any other.. Also any tips on how I can have companies higher the price on a load....I would really appreciate advise on how to get started. Please email me at cbass5810@gmail.com thank you

George Whitmore in Albuquerque, New Mexico

4 months ago

There are so many different answers, how do we know which ones are the correct ones? By doing research. I have posted ads online and at different truck stops for my dispatching services. I made a contract and have started advertising. I'm not sure what else I need to do, other than network and get contacts.
Thank you.
George

4 months ago

sherrijgrotts in Seymour, Missouri said: Well, I can tell you - it's gone downhill and it keeps going downhill REAL FAST! I've been in the Trucking Industry just over 20 years. I'm also an EX-Truck Driver . Presently I'm a Independent Agent for Landstar. Most Freight Brokers these days are taking way over the 15% you used to see them taking - now it's more like 30%! My pasion is the Trucking Industry - Helping Truck Drivers find the best paying freight I can according to their requirements. I am also an Ex-Safety Director . so I can help in those areas as well. I can see by reading all these posts that there are a lot of people hurting in this recession/depression, and I believe I can help them too. Maybe this is what GOD intended for me to do? I'm hoping to give up my Agency with Landstar and become a full time Independent Dispatcher . If I can help any of you, let me know and I'll do the best I can as far as Dispatching advise.

thank you.

Ausevich in Conway, South Carolina

4 months ago

George Whitmore in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: thank you.

Can you email me more info please? Ausevich75@gmail.com thanks

3 months ago

Lesson learned today, thankfully I learned this lesson before I committed to this carrier. I got a call from a carrier in idaho needing to move freight out of Idaho for a few days a week. He presented me with the required documents and before I started searching for work in that area. I figured that I would double check some things. I went to FMCSA and did a search. Turns out his authority was involuntarily revoked on 3/17/2014. If you are not checking out their FMCSA status and Credit report, I would make this a part of your everyday business practice. Just wanted to pass on some lessons learned. Have a good day.

Mike in Stockbridge, Georgia

3 months ago

Lesson learned today, thankfully I learned this lesson before I committed to this carrier. I got a call from a carrier in idaho needing to move freight out of Idaho for a few days a week. He presented me with the required documents and before I started searching for work in that area. I figured that I would double check some things. I went to FMCSA and did a search. Turns out his authority was involuntarily revoked on 3/17/2014. If you are not checking out their FMCSA status and Credit report, I would make this a part of your everyday business practice. Just wanted to pass on some lessons learned. Have a good day.
Reply - View Comments< /span>

Jim thanks for sharing this. It is so important to check the credit report status everytime. Keep up the good work.

Mani in Cambridge, Massachusetts

3 months ago

ProDispatch in Audubon, Iowa said: For anyone looking to become a Truck Dispatcher I can help. My company is looking for Dispatchers to work remotely and/or those who want to add their business to an existing company as a satellite office. Just go to www.prodispatch.com and contact me.

hi i want

Mani in Cambridge, Massachusetts

3 months ago

-can u call me or email
usmankhalidaziz@hotmail.com

The Highwaymen in Detroit, Michigan

3 months ago

I have direct shipper contacts for dispatchers ,carriers and brokers .
Unlike the phone book or other publications, every single one of the freight shippers listed in this directory has been qualified as either shipping FTL and/or LTL freight loads on a regular basis. In other words, we have done the cold calling for you to qualify them as either a truckload shipper or less-than-truckload shipper, or in many cases, as both. Additionally, we have taken great care to include only those freight leads that meet our stringent criteria which defines every shipper as "approachable" by even the mostinexperiencedcontact me at galaxywide 1@gmail.com

Art in Ivoryton, Connecticut

2 months ago

I'm also looking into becoming an independent trucking dispatcher in the trucking industry. My experience has been in the expedited trucking industry as a driver and I also have experience in administration, billing, and payroll in other industries. I'm looking for something new in the trucking business that I can do as a home based business or assisting someone else remotely. I can be reached by email awd316@yahoo.com

Thank you

2 months ago

dwanna in Wilson, North Carolina said: Hello, I would like to know any information you have regarding Dispatch for loads. My husband is a new truck driver and i would like to get him some business . Thanks for your assist. my email is dwanna33@yahoo.com

I'm a dispatcher with PDO, a professional dispatching company.
We provide a NO Contract service to find loads specific to you, in the lanes you want, at the rates you want.
No Forced Dispatch here.
We handle all the paper work and billing.
We provide 7 day a week support;
I love what I do and enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis.

2 months ago

Win said: Can u send me an e mail about how can u help a independent owner/ operator truck driver .
Thanks
Win

I'm a dispatcher with PDO, a professional dispatching company.
We provide a NO Contract service to find loads specific to you, in the lanes you want, at the rates you want.
No Forced Dispatch here.
We handle all the paper work and billing.
We provide 7 day a week support;
I love what I do and enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis.

2 months ago

Win said: Can u send me an e mail about how can u help a independent owner/ operator truck driver .
Thanks
Win

Running under your own authority?

We have the right resources to keep you running, and the time, experience, and knowledge to find the best paying loads out there.

By taking advantage of our pay per load service you are opening new venues and at the same time ensuring better miles and better pay.

➢ No Contract
➢ No Forced Dispatching
➢ We do all the paperwork
➢ We work hard to find you the lane you want at the best rate.
➢ Fuel advance available
➢ Quick pay; NO FEE

All of this for only 5% of the line haul rate on all loads booked through us, with a min. of $50.

Let us earn your trust one load at a time.

Send your MC# to pdogeorge@gmail.com

The Highwaymen in Detroit, Michigan

2 months ago

I can help anyone get new business as a dispatcher .
Just send me a email galaxywide@gmail.com

DavonBanks from California in Los Angeles, California

2 months ago

Hello. I use to work for three owner operators from home about a year ago and then I stopped for about a year. I have been in the trucking industry and looking to start independent dispatching again. I am very experience and knowledgeable of the business. I am currently getting everything set up now so I can start signing on new carriers to dispatch. If there is any carrier out there needed loads, I can help you keep your truck moving and making money with a low percentage. Please email me at daedae125@gmail.com

Thank You!

ladyz and a load in Baltimore, Maryland said: please email me your contact information, i am interested in bringing in more dispatch / carrier relations coordinators as well as broker agents

Davon Banks from California in Los Angeles, California

2 months ago

I am also looking for shippers loads as
well. I have a small carrier base and starting to grow. I also have worked with brokers also I wouldn't mind working with as well. Please email me if interested to daedae125@gmail.com

Thank You,
Davon Banks

Dirce Mendez in Weehawken, New Jersey

2 months ago

boris@bxtinc.com in Mundelein, Illinois said: Yes,we are freight broker company and dealing with O/ops & dispatchers.I can give you more info if you need.

Hi, my name is Dirce. I'm trying to dispatch for my husband how has his own company, USDOT , MC and all the paper work needed. Actually i'm self training and looking for information about load boards to find freights and be able to contact shippers on our behalf. If you have a link I would appreciate so much

Regards

JuanR30 in Atltanta, Georgia

2 months ago

I am interested in stating my own dispatching a trucking company, but I’m not really sure where to start. I would like to buy a truck find a driver and also start looking for routes to find my driver can anyone help me? Please Email me juanrosero30@gmail.com

Davon Banks from California in Arizona

1 month ago

boris@bxtinc.com in Mundelein, Illinois said: Gentlemen, just in case you will need loads from West coast: WA,OR,ID,UT,CA to the Midwest and back from Chicago-Millwaukee we have direct accounts year around. So welcome anytime. Good luck in starting your business.

Hello. My name is Davon and I just started my own carrier service as a independent dispatcher for truck drivers. I have been looking on loadboards to find drivers and loads and doesn't seem like im getting anywhere. I spend all this money on business license and home occupant permit just to run this business from my home. Is there anybody that can give me any advice. I been in trucking and dispatch for 10 years and love dispatching and have great knowledge in it. Should I abandoned my business and work under a carrier as his personal dispatcher with there authority or keep my own and call around to find carriers who wants to hire me? Please any advice would help.

Davon Banks from California in Arizona

1 month ago

My email is dispatchservice8@gmail.com if anybody has any direct loads I can cover with be truck I currently dispatch for. Thank you!

Vlad in Las Vegas, Nevada

1 month ago

Hello, I would really appreciate if you could send some info my way. I would like to start dispatching for my brother and need to know how to get this thing going!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you in advance!

Kristinka

27 days ago

Hi, Dev. Can you help me with information about starting your own dispatch business. You can e-mail me at karistinka@yahoo.com Thank you

Dany in Jacksonville, Florida

23 days ago

I know it been a long time but I came a cross your info
I'm trying to become a dispatcher the only think I have is a driver and this own truck .Can you please give me a boost: where do I find load .how I establish the trust with companies

ombuyall

19 days ago

jtrent in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Boris,
I would love to have more info. Whatever you have would help. Contact me at jtrent51@gmail.com

Hello,
I am looking forward to start dispatcher I know I have to MC and DOT number. OK my point, do I need to have a truck to get MC and DOT number please let me know thanks

Judi in Fort Smith, Arkansas

18 days ago

ombuyall said: Hello,
I am looking forward to start dispatcher I know I have to MC and DOT number. OK my point, do I need to have a truck to get MC and DOT number please let me know thanks

Who told you that you had to have the MC and DOT number to start a dispatching service? Unless you are going to lease trucks onto your MC number there is no need, and very few trucks are going to want to lease onto a brand new MC Authority.

James D in El Paso, Texas

14 days ago

Hi Dev, could you help me out with the information you have found usefull also? jamesdelamotte@yahoo.com
I appreciate it.

James D in El Paso, Texas

14 days ago

George Whitmore in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: There are so many different answers, how do we know which ones are the correct ones? By doing research. I have posted ads online and at different truck stops for my dispatching services. I made a contract and have started advertising . I'm not sure what else I need to do, other than network and get contacts.
Thank you.
George

George, Can I see a sample of your contract?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.