Host said: What is the best training for becoming an ESL Teacher? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective ESL Teacher?
What do non-traditional career paths look like?
Qualifications Required for International English Teaching Positions:-
1) Applicant must be a Native English Speaker.
2) Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, Scotland or Great Britain (UK).
3) Must be a citizen of one of the above mentioned countries
4) Must be in general good health, both mental and physical.
5) You must not have a criminal record. (background checks are a standard procedure)
TEFL or TESOL Certificates may give you an edge over others however they are not mandatory. As long as you have a bachelors degree with major in any field you are good to go.