Anyone recently take the Adult Echo (RDCS) test?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 149)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

63 months ago

I'm taking it in 6 weeks and appreciate any advice. After I take it , pass or fail, I will post everything I can remember asap!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

imageman in Swanton, Ohio

63 months ago

Just took it last Friday and passed! Yippie, I am now a RDCS. I used the Feigenbaum book and accompanying CD that is a great resource. The test has a lot of video in it, so the CD that comes with the book helps. I also had a Pegasus practice CD that was produced by Terry Reynolds and that is a simulated test. In addition, I went over all of our class power points and notes. There is a little of everything on the test including EKG questions, anatomy of the heart, which vessel feeds which heart wall, lots of Marfan's and Down's syndrome but that will vary from test to test. Just go over EVERYTHING!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

imageman in Swanton, Ohio said: Just took it last Friday and passed! Yippie, I am now a RDCS. I used the Feigenbaum book and accompanying CD that is a great resource. The test has a lot of video in it, so the CD that comes with the book helps. I also had a Pegasus practice CD that was produced by Terry Reynolds and that is a simulated test. In addition, I went over all of our class power points and notes. There is a little of everything on the test including EKG questions, anatomy of the heart, which vessel feeds which heart wall, lots of Marfan's and Down's syndrome but that will vary from test to test. Just go over EVERYTHING!

OK...Thanks for the input! And Congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

User User in Somewhere, Alabama

63 months ago

On the RDCS exam, do we need to know the exact wall measurements, velocities, pressure, orifice size and pressure gradients? The measurements and velocities for each subcategory for each abnormality? For example, the orifice size for mild, moderate and severe? Or is it just general based theory questions?

Also is TEE covered, and if so how much? Any how many pictures are given out of the 170 questions.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but any insight would be helpful.

Tags: RDCS, Echocardiograph exam, ARDMS Echocardiography

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

User User in Somewhere, Alabama said: On the RDCS exam, do we need to know the exact wall measurements, velocities, pressure, orifice size and pressure gradients? The measurements and velocities for each subcategory for each abnormality? For example, the orifice size for mild, moderate and severe? Or is it just general based theory questions?

Also is TEE covered, and if so how much? Any how many pictures are given out of the 170 questions.

I'm taking it in 3 weeks- I'll let you know!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

imageman in Swanton, Ohio

63 months ago

User User in Somewhere, Alabama said: On the RDCS exam, do we need to know the exact wall measurements, velocities, pressure, orifice size and pressure gradients? The measurements and velocities for each subcategory for each abnormality? For example, the orifice size for mild, moderate and severe? Or is it just general based theory questions?

Every test is different, but there were some questions about the mitral valve size for severe stenosis. There were some video that would show a doppler reading and ask what the right heart pressure would be and there were some that would ask what the systolic pulmonary pressure is. There were some TEE question as well as video that was TEE, but it was identified as such. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

User User in Somewhere, Alabama

63 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I'm taking it in 3 weeks- I'll let you know!!

Okay, thanks. If I take it sooner than you, I'll let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Took the Echo test today.Not as bad as I feared. Lots of general stuff,ie- "Dang , I just studied that!!" Hardly anything on WMA, PISA, equations, stress echo. Several easy ones;One question on prosthetic valves- what kind is a St Jude ( Bi-leaflet). A few on which coronary artery supplies which wall.2 questions on which walls are sen in the Apical 2 chamber (Inf/Ant).
Know the leaflets of and which are seen in various view for the TV and Aortic valve, including in TEE. Know ASD and VSD- which go with which abnormality and their location in the septum.Read the video questions very carefully, it will be about only segment of the video.Myxomas, endocarditis,RSVP w/wo VDS (4x(V)2), MV normal area in adults, what causes inaccurate MV half time measurements and 220/PHT calculations- but easy math.
Like all the tests, know the basic stuff very well and don't sweat the weird stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

G. in Dallas, Texas

60 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Took the Echo test today.Not as bad as I feared. Lots of general stuff,ie- "Dang , I just studied that!!" Hardly anything on WMA, PISA, equations, stress echo. Several easy ones;One question on prosthetic valves- what kind is a St Jude ( Bi-leaflet). A few on which coronary artery supplies which wall.2 questions on which walls are sen in the Apical 2 chamber (Inf/Ant).
Know the leaflets of and which are seen in various view for the TV and Aortic valve, including in TEE. Know ASD and VSD- which go with which abnormality and their location in the septum.Read the video questions very carefully, it will be about only segment of the video.Myxomas, endocarditis,RSVP w/wo VDS (4x(V)2), MV normal area in adults, what causes inaccurate MV half time measurements and 220/PHT calculations- but easy math.
Like all the tests, know the basic stuff very well and don't sweat the weird stuff.

did yoy think the Gulfcoast and x-zone prepaired you I'm using the same,and thanks for this information it really helps also if you can think of anything else feel free as i'm going to take my test in days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

AmericanWorkmule in Shelbyville, Tennessee

58 months ago

Does anyone else have any information on study material?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mehdi in Sun City, California

50 months ago

I would like to buy this cd with video cases. Please reply my email address is mjafferyx@yahoo.com

Mehdi in Sun City, California

50 months ago

Any one has pegasus video cd with cases for Adult Echo. I am preparing for ardms exam and would like to buy cd. Please reply my email address is mjafferyx@yahoo.com

echoechoecho in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Has anyone ever taken the CCI test and felt like you pass but the result stated that you failed.
I took the test recently. This test was so easy it was basically x zone word for word especially the echo part.
I know something has to be wrong with the way they grade those tests.

echoechoecho in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Has anyone ever taken the CCI test and felt like you pass but the result stated that you failed.
I took the test recently. This test was so easy it was basically x zone word for word especially the echo part.
I know something has to be wrong with the way they grade those tests

49 months ago

Iwish I could remember the questions in more detail but here's my best: Oh-my answers are in ( ), you might make sure they are right! I tend to remember the questions that I struggled with. "Know" means it was on the test. One thing about the video- the same ones are used several times, so read the question...!!....the question was "what m-mode findings represents...." what ever it was, but the first thing you see in the video is the first answer, so you want to answer it, but it was NOT m-mode, that part was later. Also, it will ask about "arrow #2", which you see later in the sequence.
150 questions in 180 mins- I had 20 mins left to review saved questions but was brain dead and just clicked "finish"... after 100 questions I can't think.
Know- which leaflets are seen in the PSAX of the TV (ant&post)
Know-which leaflets of the Aortic vlave are seen in the PSLAX (rt&non)
Know your anatomy/orientation in TEE ( I have never done TEE and did not go to US school so that was hard!) There was a pic of a coronary cusp aneurysm- which cusp? IN TEE!!
Know- which is the left and right pulm art in PSAX (pant's leg)
AS- CW waveform- early or late systolic peaking?
Know the 220/PHT for MS...2-3 questions, one was which # (220), one was calculate- 100 (2.20)
Several question on RSVP with and without shunts...ie 4xv2....and*** RVSP=sys BP-VSD shunt gradient****. Basic math-no calculator needed.
Which view to confirm bi-cuspid valve in PSAX- Systole or Diast?? ( I put systole- to see it open for football shape- closed may show raphe and look like 3 cusps...)
Know EKG effects of Pericard eff. Also a pic of PE ...how big? Looked like moderate.
PHTN is assosiated with; Epsteins/Marfan/Tet of Fall OR Williams?
Know where coartic of aorta usually occurs ( prox desc)
Most common type of VSD. Also pic VSD- near aorta-which type?
Which type od ASD is most common (Secundum)
PISA- what is most important for accuarte diag: color filter versus jet width.Nothing else on PISA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I took the RDMS test BTW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

pootypie65 in Fort Smith, Arkansas

48 months ago

Preparing to take the echo ardms test. Need help what books to study.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sanjay in Greenwich, Connecticut

47 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I took the RDMS test BTW.

What is the meaning of BTW.

phouphet30 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

47 months ago

Sanjay in Greenwich, Connecticut said: What is the meaning of BTW.

It means By The Way.:)

Mr Selca in New York, New York

47 months ago

Sanjay in Greenwich, Connecticut said: What is the meaning of BTW.

Doc, is that you?
Mr Selca!
keep studying!

sanjay in Greenwich, Connecticut

47 months ago

Sir,
It was fun to know what the people are thinking abotu it. So just I posted it. i am Fine Your book is ready I will deliver on thursday.

floridaf in Jackson, Tennessee

46 months ago

I'm taking the ARDMS Sat....been studying Pegasus Lecgtures book and also went to the seminar. I've listened to the seminar a few times recently....if you go to one, definetly get a voice recorder....to much info in 2 days...your head is too full. I failed the ARDMS once a couple of months after the seminar; however, I really didn't a alot of time to study. So i've been studying and my brain is dead. Wish me luck!!!! Saw a few other comments and some of the stuff she said was not in my book.hmmmmmm

Johnny in Toronto, Ontario

46 months ago

Please share your exam questions for people who are in need of help .
Thank you

45 months ago

OMG!!!! The test was terrible!!! I got the same test that I had last year. I took it at the same site. I didn't even remember any of the questions. A lot of video and questions I had NO CLUE about. I thought for sure I was going to pass and thought it was a fluke that I got the same crappy test again.

Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. I bought the Echo 500 (Terry Reynolds) and Pegasus CD (Terry Reynolds). I need to take it again next month (April). If anyone remembers their test questions, please let me know. My email is floridaf76@yahoo.com

45 months ago

Johnny, did you pass your test? Email me if you can. floridaf76@yahoo.com

Thanx

45 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Iwish I could remember the questions in more detail but here's my best: Oh-my answers are in ( ), you might make sure they are right! I tend to remember the questions that I struggled with. "Know" means it was on the test. One thing about the video- the same ones are used several times, so read the question...!!....the question was "what m-mode findings represents...." what ever it was, but the first thing you see in the video is the first answer, so you want to answer it, but it was NOT m-mode, that part was later. Also, it will ask about "arrow #2", which you see later in the sequence.
150 questions in 180 mins- I had 20 mins left to review saved questions but was brain dead and just clicked "finish"... after 100 questions I can't think.
Know your anatomy/orientation in TEE ( I have never done TEE and did not go to US school so that was hard!) There was a pic of a coronary cusp aneurysm- which cusp? IN TEE!!
Know the 220/PHT for MS...2-3 questions, one was which # (220), one was calculate- 100 (2.20)
Several question on RSVP with and without shunts...ie 4xv2....and*** RVSP=sys BP-VSD shunt gradient****. Basic math-no calculator needed.
Which view to confirm bi-cuspid valve in PSAX- Systole or Diast?? ( I put systole- to see it open for football shape- closed may

Hi...question..AS peaks in early systold and late depending on severity...do u know that answer

45 months ago

floridaf in Jackson, Tennessee said:

Did you take CCI or ARDMS?

Email me pleae... floridaf76@yahoo.com

45 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I took the RDMS test BTW.

Did you pass the ARDMS test? I need to take it AGAIN!!!! I have the Echo 500, Pegasus CD, seminar book didn't have the 500 or cd when I took it in Feb....Did you know what everything really meant? Like inspiration and hepatic and pulmonary veins so on...?

Email me plz, I would like to ask you a oouple of questions so I know i'm studying the right stuff.

floridaf76@yahoo.com

Jessica in Santa Barbara, California

45 months ago

I took it mid-march and didn't pass :( I did the pegasus seminar with terri reynolds.. I didn't buy the case study CD, because I didn't think I would need it. Turns out there were so many case studies! Has anyone used that CD? I feel like I knew the book front to back that I got at the seminar and it didn't seem to help :*( have to take it again in June so I need to figure out what works the best to study and what material ? !

Floridaf in Jackson, Tennessee

45 months ago

I did the same thing.....went to the seminar and really studied the book and I failed in Feb. I bought the Echo 500 cards and the CD. The CD has 50 case studies and 200 questions.....I think that will all help but it still is confusing so we'll see

sanjay shah in Greenwich, Connecticut

44 months ago

bharati in Mumbai, India said: would like to give ARDMS EXAM i am from india plz some one guide me

O.K. what kind of help you need. Pl. let me know. my email is

Crystal in West Palm Beach, Florida

44 months ago

I have listed on EBAY a bunch of study guides I used to help me pass the ARDMS Adult Echocardiography Board exam if anyone is interested in buying. They are listed separately but I will give a better deal for anyone who wants to purchase more than 1 item.

fehmida khanum in Overland Park, Kansas

43 months ago

Crystal in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I have listed on EBAY a bunch of study guides I used to help me pass the ARDMS Adult Echocardiography Board exam if anyone is interested in buying. They are listed separately but I will give a better deal for anyone who wants to purchase more than 1 item.

Hi, I want to purchase these items please email me at (fehmida40@hotmail.com)
Thanks

43 months ago

Please email regarding your stuff. I've looked before and couldn't find them. floridaf76@yahoo.com

Eric in Woodside, New York

43 months ago

taking RDCS Adult Echo -any Tips -please let me know

Eric in Woodside, New York

43 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Iwish I could remember the questions in more detail but here's my best: Oh-my answers are in ( ), you might make sure they are right! I tend to remember the questions that I struggled with. "Know" means it was on the test. One thing about the video- the same ones are used several times, so read the question...!!....the question was "what m-mode findings represents...." what ever it was, but the first thing you see in the video is the first answer, so you want to answer it, but it was NOT m-mode, that part was later. Also, it will ask about "arrow #2", which you see later in the sequence.
Which view to confirm bi-cuspid valve in PSAX- Systole or Diast?? ( I put systole- to see it open for football shape- closed may show raphe and look like 3 cusps...)
Know EKG effects of Pericard eff. Also a pic of PE ...how big? Looked like moderate.
PHTN is assosiated with; Epsteins/Marfan/Tet of Fall OR Williams?
Know where coartic of aorta usually occurs ( prox desc)
Most common type of VSD. Also pic VSD- near aorta-which type?
Which type od ASD is most common (Secundum)
PISA- what is most important for accuarte diag:

Mary Buchanan in Cordova, Tennessee

42 months ago

Question: If a patient has AS, will the CW Doppler waveform be early or late systolic peak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I am taking my echo test in 10 days.

Questions regarding Erics post.

How is the EKG affected with a pericardial effusion?
If a patient has PHTN, what other anomaly will we normally see?
PISA: what is the answer for a correct diag?

42 months ago

Hi Mary, it's a harsh, systolic ejection murmur, crescendo-decrescendo. EKG for pericardial effusion usually alternans. Not sure about the PISA but none of those were on my test, I just failed it Fri :( I can't seem to pass and I study my butt off everyday. There are a lot of pics and they stink!!! How long has it been since you graduated or been a tech? Emeail me if you'd like and we can chat about the test.

Terri

42 months ago

You need a 555 to pass and I got a 531 fri, a 540 two months ago and don't remember before but close too. I don't understand. What are you studying from? To me, the books are all the same and I have a lot of info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

How much do you study?

42 months ago

And the sad thing is, I was very confident!!!! the last few times. Is there such a thing of studying too much? lol

42 months ago

AS- Early systolic peak.
Pericardial effusion-T wave alternans (TWA)
PHTN- Patent ductus arteriosis.

42 months ago

Hi, I have for AS harsh, systolic ejection murmur, crescendo-decrdendo. High pitched early diastolic for AR. And, systolic click for bicuspic....uggghhhh!!!So muuch stuff

Oh, and PISA is for PHTN? Thanx, wasn't sure about that.

42 months ago

AS early peak is the same as early crescendo- think about it.
AI happens during diastole ; systole forces the blood through the valve but when it relaxes ( diastole ) ....it leaks.

42 months ago

Hi Annover,

I won't be home til Sunday so i'll get with you then. Maybe i'm reading it wrong. I'm just wondering if that person meant with AS early systolic harsh murmur is because blood is going through a tight valve so right when blood is forced through the valve it's is an early systolic....I get the AR during diastole. I dunno but i'll get with you then and maybe we can all talk about all this. I would rather do this than keep asking what books to study because they are all the same info. Thanx

Randy in Nashville, Tennessee

42 months ago

imageman in Swanton, Ohio said: Just took it last Friday and passed! Yippie, I am now a RDCS. I used the Feigenbaum book and accompanying CD that is a great resource. The test has a lot of video in it, so the CD that comes with the book helps. I also had a Pegasus practice CD that was produced by Terry Reynolds and that is a simulated test. In addition, I went over all of our class power points and notes. There is a little of everything on the test including EKG questions, anatomy of the heart, which vessel feeds which heart wall, lots of Marfan's and Down's syndrome but that will vary from test to test. Just go over EVERYTHING!

Randy: Will you be willing to sell the PEGASUS CD? It is not for sale anymore. Thank you. My email is rdham007@yahoo.com

42 months ago

Hi Randy,

I took it in Nashville and got a 540!!! two months ago. Mine didn't have EKG and there were a lot of video. Is your feigenbaum CD the quality of the pics on the test? I have Terry Reynolds and SPI video. Email me please so I can ask you about it. floridaf76@yahoo.com. I'll be home tomorrow. Thankx. Or i'll email you. Terri

42 months ago

floridaf in Jackson, Tennessee said: Hi Mary, it's a harsh, systolic ejection murmur, crescendo-decrescendo. EKG for pericardial effusion usually alternans. Not sure about the PISA but none of those were on my test, I just failed it Fri :( I can't seem to pass and I study my butt off everyday. There are a lot of pics and they stink!!! How long has it been since you graduated or been a tech? Emeail me if you'd like and we can chat about the test.

Terri

Hi Terri, I graduated 3 months ago. Trying to get registered so maybe I can find a job.

Leighanne in Jackson, Tennessee

42 months ago

Did anyone ever use the Echo "X Zone" questions to study??

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.