British qualified Cardiac physiologist wanting to move stateside needing info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

British Tech in Basingstoke, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Hello, I am currently a student Cardiac Physiologist, next year i will graduate with a degree and i will be specialised in echocardiography. I am looking into moving to the states preferably NYC. By this time i shall have approxiamatly 3 years experiance in my field and i will have a specialist certification in echocardiography. Can anybody help me, will my British Qualifications be enough or will i need to do some conversion exams to the USA format? Also where is the best place to search for the current jobs in the states as some websites have lots of info but dont appear to be upto date.
How is the current field in the US in terms of job competition? and also i will have experiance in the invasive and pacemaker fields of cardiology as this is all part of our degree in Britain, will this be useful over in the states? as i have heard that your Doctors tend to do alot of the work as you have a private healthcare system?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

- Was this comment helpful?
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Miami, Florida

68 months ago

The best place to find work is the Maryland/Washington DC area.
Doctors office is the best place for you right now. Call the cardiovascular credentional office to find out what steps you must take to work in a hospital. Lots of competions for jobs but very few good ones. I am lokking for work in London right now as a Echo Tech.. A very long process. email me and I will give you the telephone # of cardiovascular credentional office

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.