Central Florida Institute - Echo Tech or Cath Lab

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (50)

Need2Know in Palm Harbor, Florida

67 months ago

Has anyone taking the invasive or noninvasive cardiovascular technologist programs at this school? How was your experience? Did they setup your clinicals?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

messed up in temple terrace, Florida

62 months ago

You've got to investigate...it's for your own good. Spending a fortune for this school should have to be worth it. Producing more than 30 graduates / yr. might cause anyone some challenges to land a job. Really, you've got to investigate! Goodluck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Here Too in New Port Richey, Florida

62 months ago

I think that is why Need2Know is asking. Did you go there? If so, for what program and what was your experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ljs1118

62 months ago

Yes,I went there. I grad in 2007. The school is accrediated and my teacher was awesome. The cost was about 24,000.00 when I weny, I heard it went up! They didn't really help me find a jovb after I graduated, as promised. If I could do it all agan I wouldn't go through the Echo Tech course, but instead I would go through the general ultrasound course...It's very very very hard to find a full time job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Here Too in New Port Richey, Florida

62 months ago

ljs1118 said: Yes,I went there. I grad in 2007. The school is accrediated and my teacher was awesome. The cost was about 24,000.00 when I weny, I heard it went up! They didn't really help me find a jovb after I graduated, as promised. If I could do it all agan I wouldn't go through the Echo Tech course, but instead I would go through the general ultrasound course...It's very very very hard to find a full time job.

Wow! Thank you for the information. I am surprised to hear you had such a hard time finding a full-time job. I was very interested in going to CFI for the Echo Tech program. The fact that they were making me take a cardiovascular tech program first(for over $11k) without any kind of preference or priority for the Echo program made me nervous. They also couldn't or wouldn't say when echo programs would start. They only said that there would be a 4-6 month break between programs if you were one of the 20 accepted into the echo program(another $17k). Too much money for too much uncertainty for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ljs1118

62 months ago

The ekg program that they require you to take is acutually extremely helpful in understanding how the heart works, as an Echo tech you are going to be required to understand how to read a heart arrythmia. If the patient is an arrythmia this of course effects your study. It is not a waste of time it is a prerequisite. Also, it is not hard to find a job it is hard to find a fulltime job. Most of the work out there is PRN (as needed), which does not offer health insuranc, 401k etc. The pay is suppose to be higher as a PRN but only by a dollar or so...whoopie. This area is saturated with Echo Tech's, be prepared to possibly have to move out of state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ljs1118

62 months ago

Oh BTW the chances of you getting into the program is extremely high, there in the business to make money. I had a break of about 3 months befor my Echo classes started which was a welcomed break! lol They try to make it sound hard to "get accepted" into the program, thats all hype. If you pass the test (which is not hard) and you pass the interview your in, don't worry. I gotta tell you this program is way better than Sanford Brown! Last I heard they (Sanford Brown)was not accrediated, and employers look at that when hiring. Good Luck!

alb111 in Safety Harbor, Florida

62 months ago

ljs1118 said: Oh BTW the chances of you getting into the program is extremely high, there in the business to make money. I had a break of about 3 months befor my Echo classes started which was a welcomed break! lol They try to make it sound hard to "get accepted" into the program, thats all hype. If you pass the test (which is not hard) and you pass the interview your in, don't worry. I gotta tell you this program is way better than Sanford Brown! Last I heard they (Sanford Brown)was not accrediated, and employers look at that when hiring. Good Luck!

Hi ljs118,
I am a student at CFI. I am in the CVT part right now, and am torn between Invasive or Non. Do you have any suggestions? You said the area is saturated, is that only in echo, or cath as well? I chose this profession because I thought alot of folks haven't caught onto the band wagon as x-ray and ultrasound students have. Do you know why they only offer PRN? Sorry for all the questions, just would like a students opinion! Thanks again!

ljs1118

62 months ago

Well, I would say you are going to get more hours as a Cath Tech. Maybe not a "fulltime" job but, more PRN hours. The job market as an Echo tech is very limited in this area. You might have to move south in the Miami/West Palm Beach area or the Orlando area. If you learn vascular as well as Echo you will get hired quicker. Also, DON'T wait to get registerd. Do it ASAP!
Don't burn any bridges when you are on your extern at your hospital/clinic Echo world is very small and full of women(if you know what I mean). Be friendly to all the Tech's, don't talk crap behind there backs, if you make an enemy it will haunt you on every job interview! Trust me my friend is going through that as we speak. When you go out on your externship try to get a site that is hiring, sometimes you will get offered a job right after you graduate. That saves them money to hire the new graduate cuz they don't have to teach you thier protocol and hospital layout. Most hospitals hire PRN because it's cheaper for them, they don't have to pay your health insurance. Also, when it is slow they aren't obligated to keep you on schedule. As a PRN they can just send you home. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

ljs1118 said: Well, I would say you are going to get more hours as a Cath Tech. Maybe not a "fulltime" job but, more PRN hours. The job market as an Echo tech is very limited in this area. You might have to move south in the Miami/West Palm Beach area or the Orlando area. If you learn vascular as well as Echo you will get hired quicker. Also, DON'T wait to get registerd. Do it ASAP!
Don't burn any bridges when you are on your extern at your hospital/clinic Echo world is very small and full of women(if you know what I mean). Be friendly to all the Tech's, don't talk crap behind there backs, if you make an enemy it will haunt you on every job interview! Trust me my friend is going through that as we speak. When you go out on your externship try to get a site that is hiring, sometimes you will get offered a job right after you graduate. That saves them money to hire the new graduate cuz they don't have to teach you thier protocol and hospital layout. Most hospitals hire PRN because it's cheaper for them, they don't have to pay your health insurance. Also, when it is slow they aren't obligated to keep you on schedule. As a PRN they can just send you home. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Thank you for your input, you were very helpful!

Here Too in Tempe, Arizona

62 months ago

ljs1118 said: The ekg program that they require you to take is acutually extremely helpful in understanding how the heart works, as an Echo tech you are going to be required to understand how to read a heart arrythmia. If the patient is an arrythmia this of course effects your study. It is not a waste of time it is a prerequisite. Also, it is not hard to find a job it is hard to find a fulltime job. Most of the work out there is PRN (as needed), which does not offer health insuranc, 401k etc. The pay is suppose to be higher as a PRN but only by a dollar or so...whoopie. This area is saturated with Echo Tech's, be prepared to possibly have to move out of state.

I didn't have an issue with taking the CVT. I had an issue with waiting 4-6 months and not knowing if I'd get into the second program. Between the day and night classes you would be competing with 6 classes of graduates to get into 1 ACT or 1 ICT program. I can't afford those odds and uncertainty. Plus they just didn't give me a good feeling because they were so vague and evasive with their answers. I appreciate all the answers. I may took another look at this school later on.

Here Too in Tempe, Arizona

62 months ago

I appreciate all the answers from people posting on this forum.

62 months ago

Here Too in Tempe, Arizona said: I appreciate all the answers from people posting on this forum.

Honestly Here Too, this school is a great school. As long as you maintain a gpa of 3.0 or higher and have perfect attendence, you are guarenteed a spot. If you were to go to another school that offers this ( I believe it is only Sanford-Brown) they are not accreditted, and then you would have to WAIT a year to take the boards. Community Colleges have a 2 year wait just to get into these programs, after taking your pre-reqs for a year. This school was the fastest optin for me, and it is CAAHEP accreditted. I have heard nothin but great things about this school in the hospital world. They are highly appraised. I hope this helps.

ash123 in Orlando, Florida

60 months ago

Has anyone gone to the Orlando (CFI)? im interested in taking the echo tech program and was wondering if they placed you in an internship site, or if you had to find your own like we did in the CVT program! they made a lot of promises and didn't come through for me. has anyone gone to that school and had a good experience and is now working in the field? thanks!

Rachel in Orlando, Florida

60 months ago

ash123 in Orlando, Florida said: Has anyone gone to the Orlando (CFI)? im interested in taking the echo tech program and was wondering if they placed you in an internship site, or if you had to find your own like we did in the CVT program! they made a lot of promises and didn't come through for me. has anyone gone to that school and had a good experience and is now working in the field? thanks!

I too have same questions...please anyone know about this college..please share

60 months ago

Rachel in Orlando, Florida said: I too have same questions...please anyone know about this college..please share

have you done the cvt(preq) program in orlando?

60 months ago

ash123 in Orlando, Florida said: have you done the cvt(preq) program in orlando?

Nope.I am looking for more info about this school in orlando.Are you going to this school now?

60 months ago

Hi Ash123,
If you are attending this school..
Please share your experience with this school?I am seriousely looking for schools in orlando area...

60 months ago

well i went a few years back to the cvt program with intentions of getting into their echo tech program. I am about to start back in the echo program. compared to the palmharbor school... in Tampa, it isn’t that nice of a campus. they share the building with a trucking school! it's right off orange blossom trail which is of course not the best part of town. most of the teachers that were there are now gone maybe 2 still are teaching. not sure why. they promised to place us all on internship sites. and the last week of school no one was placed and we all had to go out and find our own sites which was very hard to do! they now tell me it has really changed and they have a new cardiac building (am waiting to see it) and are still guaranteeing sites...we shall see. I just wanted to hear if anyone had gone to the echo program in Orlando and feedback on it too. palm harbor would have been a 2+ hour drive for me so i had to go with the orlando campus. hope this helps:)

alb111 in Clearwater, Florida

60 months ago

I go to the Palm Harbor campus, and love it! If you are interested in the program, I would honestly consider the 2 hour drive to Palm Harbor because they are CAAHEP accreditted, and the Orlando campus is not. Without the CAAHEP accredation you would have to find a job and work for a year before you can take your state boards. Alot of places will not hire you without your registry. I hope this helps.

60 months ago

wow~! are you sure! it's the same school CFI, just the Orlando campus. that def makes a big impact on my choice. thanks! how far into teh echo program are you? is there a lot of home work? are you doing the day or night classes?

60 months ago

They only offer it during the day. It is alot of work, but rewarding. At our school only Surg tech, echo, cath, and polysonography are CAAHEP accreditted, and DMS is not. CAAHEP only accredits programs, not the school. SO just because the one in Palm HArbor has programs accreditted, the Orlando isn't. I found on CAAHEP.com? they have a list of accreditted Echo (noninvasive) programs, it doesn't say Orlando CFI, just Palm Harbor.

60 months ago

alb111 in Clearwater, Florida said: They only offer it during the day. It is alot of work, but rewarding. At our school only Surg tech, echo, cath, and polysonography are CAAHEP accreditted, and DMS is not. CAAHEP only accredits programs, not the school. SO just because the one in Palm HArbor has programs accreditted, the Orlando isn't. I found on CAAHEP.com? they have a list of accreditted Echo (noninvasive) programs, it doesn't say Orlando CFI, just Palm Harbor.

how long is the day program for the echo tech? And from mon-Friday? What times? Also, did they say what the passing % rate of kids that take the boards after they graduate is? all med schools have to have that on file. . the boards that you need to be able to sit for after graduation are called: ARDMS, RDCS, or CTI. Have any of the teachers told you what boards you will be able to sit for right after you graduate? thansk so much!

60 months ago

Since the program is CAAHEP, you are eligibly to sit for ARDMS right after graduation (instead of waiting a year). RDCS is for cath and you can sit for that right away as well, and CCI right away too. I go from Monday through Thursday 8-3:30. I believe the paper said 85%.

60 months ago

alb111 in Clearwater, Florida said: Since the program is CAAHEP, you are eligibly to sit for ARDMS right after graduation (instead of waiting a year). RDCS is for cath and you can sit for that right away as well, and CCI right away too. I go from Monday through Thursday 8-3:30. I believe the paper said 85%.

i'm so glad to hear that it's only mon-thurs too! that sounds great!! and the passing score would make anyone feel good about the school! thanks for all your help!!! just one more thing ...how long are you in the classroms for and when do you start you clinicals/internship?

60 months ago

You already completed the NCT right? If not it is 20 weeks ( 4, 5 week terms) then 5 weeks clinical (same thing as extern) and 9 weeks of externship. Then you have about 3 months off, have to take a test and write an essay to get into the advanced portion (echo or cath) Once you start that program it is the same idea, except in is 6 terms, 5 weeks each= 30 weeks total classroom time, then 30 weeks externship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sha1133 in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Tampa has almost no jobs for sonographers, very rare and most of the employers are keeping their staff to a minimum. I was told most of the ultrasounds(general,cardiac,vascular)will be taking a big pay deduction next year and some offices will get rid of their ultrasound staff. Hospitals will also be affected by the pay reduction and will perform less ultrasound tests. I found in looking for a job that sonographers are working at 2-3 different places in tampa, this does not help new sonographers to get jobs.

Thinking About It in Dunedin, Florida

59 months ago

sha1133 in Tampa, Florida said: Tampa has almost no jobs for sonographers, very rare and most of the employers are keeping their staff to a minimum. I was told most of the ultrasounds(general,cardiac,vascular)will be taking a big pay deduction next year and some offices will get rid of their ultrasound staff. Hospitals will also be affected by the pay reduction and will perform less ultrasound tests. I found in looking for a job that sonographers are working at 2-3 different places in tampa, this does not help new sonographers to get jobs.

Thank you for the information. You were told this by whom from where?

59 months ago

What about cath lab techs?

58 months ago

what about cath lab techs !

nbas2b in West Sacramento, California

57 months ago

Hello, I am currently living in california. I looked on the CAA-HEP website and found only about 20 accredited programs in the U.S for Invasive Cardiovascular Tech. So far CFI hasn't impressed. It was nearly impossible to get a hold of an advisor, the website is not very informative and words are mispelled, and depending on who I talked to, the information was different. Nonetheless, I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt. The next step is for me to fly out there, tour the school, classrooms, and sit down with an admission counselor and ask questions. By the sounds of it on this forum, it seems like I shouldn't even waste the money to go check it out.

The thing that I really liked about it, is that it is a vocational school and is set up differently than a Community College(all the same class.. all day, everyday type of thing) Anyways.. Im interested as a Cath Lab tech. It seems like not too many people are seeking this program. Is it still hard to get into this program, very competitive? Are there any guarantees I'll be placed into the Cath Lab tech program after finishing basic cardiac studies? Is the first program I'd be taking basic cardio studies or MA w/ CVT?? Im confused. Are there really large amount of time lapses between the first and second programs? How intense are these programs? Is there a lot of homework? Are the teachers informative and respectful? I've just read terrible things about the DMA(I believe) program at CFI on this site and am hoping things are a little, actually a lot more intact than that of the DMA program. Im definitely confident in my ability to complete and comprehend the work as I am a paramedic. I just want to know that I am getting what I pay for in the $30,000+ I am shelling out.

Also I have a couple other questions.. How are the Externship/clincals placement? Is the placement flawless? What are the avg age range for these classes as I am in my young 20's and would be moving 3000 miles away not knowing anyone.

sgt123 in Clearwater, Florida

57 months ago

Hi I just finished my classroom studies in the CBS program, and am currently attending my clinicals. I was wary about attending this school as well, due to reading the forums about DMS. However, I have been pleasently surprised. The teachers are great, very helpful, and always offer tutoring. I wouldn't neccessarily say there is alot They say it is very selective. We have to write an essay before entering the program, and they base placement on your grades and attendence from your cbs class. I am applying in March for the June cath program. I will let you know if i get in :)
I have a couple of questions as well. Do you know if there is a demand for cath lab techs over the US. In FL (due to the school) I feel it is saturated. How is it in CA ?

Nbas2b

57 months ago

What specific material did you guys cover in the CBS program? Is ACLS in that program? Is it true that the CBS program is not accredited? Was it a relatively easy clinical placement? What can u work as after completing the first part of the program?

As to your question in CA... I honestly haven't researched much all over Cali, but around where I live there seems to be quit a bit of job openings for that specific specialty, especially when you take into consideration there are no schools for this profession anywhere close by. So I can't imgine there is much competition in the states like CA.

nbas2b in Sacramento, California

57 months ago

I also had one more question regarding the age of the students in the classroom. I am in my early twenties and would be relocating to a location that would put me in a situation where I don't know anyone. So I guess age is kind of an important factor.

I do realize though at the same time that with this profession and specific schooling comes a substantial amount of older adults(which is not a bad thing), instead of kinda coming right out of highschool.

57 months ago

It was a mixture, I am in my mid 20's, a couple were fresh out of high school, and a few were 40-50

57 months ago

The CBS program is a "stepping stone" CAAHEP only accredits degree programs, not diploma. After the CBS program you will be eligable to sit for CCI and take their boards. If you want to that is fine, but as an ECG tech you only make about $12/hour. CBS covered, Vital signs, phlebotomy, and ECGS. There was ethics, anatomy, intro to echo, and intro to cath lab as well. It was easy placement into clinicals, BLS was taught, but you are not ACLS until the advanced program.

nick in Leesburg, Florida

56 months ago

does anyone know the name of the dean of the palm harbor school?

sc in Hollywood, Florida

56 months ago

I went to Sanford Brown in Ft lauderdale for Echo, and from experience It realy dosent matter if the school is accredited. I got my ARDMS in echo months after my CCI. And from what I hear that's more valuable than a CFI with no license.
Bottom line to everyone, get the ARDMS.

ljs1118 said: Oh BTW the chances of you getting into the program is extremely high, there in the business to make money. I had a break of about 3 months befor my Echo classes started which was a welcomed break! lol They try to make it sound hard to "get accepted" into the program, thats all hype. If you pass the test (which is not hard) and you pass the interview your in, don't worry. I gotta tell you this program is way better than Sanford Brown! Last I heard they (Sanford Brown)was not accrediated, and employers look at that when hiring. Good Luck!

sc in Hollywood, Florida

56 months ago

I though the medicare pay cut was for outpatient facilities only, your saying its hospitals as well?

sha1133 in Tampa, Florida said: Tampa has almost no jobs for sonographers, very rare and most of the employers are keeping their staff to a minimum. I was told most of the ultrasounds(general,cardiac,vascular)will be taking a big pay deduction next year and some offices will get rid of their ultrasound staff. Hospitals will also be affected by the pay reduction and will perform less ultrasound tests. I found in looking for a job that sonographers are working at 2-3 different places in tampa, this does not help new sonographers to get jobs.

LT in Haines City, Florida

51 months ago

sc in Hollywood, Florida said: I went to Sanford Brown in Ft lauderdale for Echo, and from experience It realy dosent matter if the school is accredited. I got my ARDMS in echo months after my CCI. And from what I hear that's more valuable than a CFI with no license.
Bottom line to everyone, get the ARDMS.

I went to Sanford Brown in Tampa. I agree with you I got my RCS with CCI and this has not stopped me from getting a job. Get the experience anyway you can. I have a full time job and two PRN jobs

hsl333 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

47 months ago

Need2Know in Palm Harbor, Florida said: Has anyone taking the invasive or noninvasive cardiovascular technologist programs at this school? How was your experience? Did they setup your clinicals?

hi, i don't know if you're still looking into attending CFI but my advice is DO NOT do it!! i attended their ultrasound program and it was a disaster. i've been looking for a job now for a year and a half and people won't even consider me just because i attended there. in fact my classmates are attempting to sue the school at this point for various reasons. i truly regret the entire experience. HCC in tampa has a good ultrasound or echo program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

natalyamm in New York, New York

44 months ago

I graduated CVT program in 2008 Sanford-Brown NY, it cost me over 34,000, have Bachelor Degree in Medicine, RDCS, RVT and still can not find a job in NY! Working as a per-diem. Agree, that this field is full. They say it's easear to find a position as invasive
cardiovascular tech.

nbuns128 in Jersey City, New Jersey

43 months ago

natalyamm in New York, New York said: I graduated CVT program in 2008 Sanford-Brown NY, it cost me over 34,000, have Bachelor Degree in Medicine, RDCS, RVT and still can not find a job in NY! Working as a per-diem. Agree, that this field is full. They say it's easear to find a position as invasive
cardiovascular tech.

Hello,
If you are looking for an echo job in New York, my hospital is hiring per diems and definitely will offer full-time to the right echo tech. If interested you can email me at nbuns128@yahoo.com

sad in Orlando, Florida

39 months ago

Need2Know in Palm Harbor, Florida said: Has anyone taking the invasive or noninvasive cardiovascular technologist programs at this school? How was your experience? Did they setup your clinicals?

I attended two years here, in short the school is very unorganized behind the scenes, we went through three deans in two months, and no qualified teachers, we had one teacher teaching both the echo and cath. Program at the same time. When we finally got a teacher for echo she was from the stone age having not used new equipment in fifteen years or so. I finished with a 3.9 gpa. A year and a half have passed and the only one who wins is the school. They have oversaturated the market pumpung out 35 to 50 echo techs and an equal number of cath students. I know many people behing the scenes at mant pinellas hospitals and they will not hire cfi students, I wish this wasn't the case as I'm struggling to find work, I have been reduced to applying at every pizza joint to deliver pizzas. The jobs just are not there, now thirty some thousand in debt, trust me it is not a good move, they will tell you you can get a job and that they will help but its all sales tactics, not one person from my class is working, I've learned to just say I've gone to an accredited school on my resumes and leave cfi off as you will not get a call back. If you are interested in the medical field go to st petersburg college or another real school because they are all that employers are looking for, these fly by night schools are a joke to them, and we are the ones who lose at the end. Plus not one credit transferred to st. Pete or any real school as there credits are not real although accredited you will get no where but wasting your time and money. I truly believed in the school and what I was told but truth be told you will not get that job as they continue to pump out students like a factory, many of these students are clueless even when the courses are over as it is very accelerated.

Michelle000 in Jacksonville, Florida

38 months ago

the same thing happened to me w/the dms program. 3 of our teachers left during the program, everything was disorganized. i went to my externship sites and was asked who i was and told to leave. LOL. not to mention i drove over an hour to get there! the graduation was really hilarious. they talked about how great the school is and everyone acted as if we were graduating from harvard. 2 people have gotten employed. the rest are all still working in retail. and im 30+k in debt now too. they are deceiving. when i signed up w/financial aid..which i got none of..obviously..she told me the only way i could go to the school was to get a sallie mae loan. FALSE. too bad i fell for it, now have this ridiculous interest rate loan. during my 3 hour session with her she told me about her bf selling drugs and this and that. should have been a red flag. too bad i was thinking it was a great career move.

Kiki in Orlando, Florida

35 months ago

I went to a school that was not CAAHEP accreditted and took and passed my CCI just four months after. Now Im RCS and RVS. I didnt have a problem finding a job, I think it is what you make it.

alb111 in Clearwater, Florida said: I go to the Palm Harbor campus, and love it! If you are interested in the program, I would honestly consider the 2 hour drive to Palm Harbor because they are CAAHEP accreditted, and the Orlando campus is not. Without the CAAHEP accredation you would have to find a job and work for a year before you can take your state boards. Alot of places will not hire you without your registry. I hope this helps.

liz, orlando fl in Rome, Georgia

31 months ago

I just finished the echo program in orland,fl SBI, I had good teachers in overall the director of the program is the worst MISS Calvert, she discuraged students I don't understand how she got that job. The program was 37,000 .... be very careful if u want to go to sbi orlando ...

OH No!!! ~ Dont Do it! in Palm Harbor, Florida

31 months ago

nick in Leesburg, Florida said: does anyone know the name of the dean of the palm harbor school?

Seems the Director of the School changes every few months. Even the employees of the school are confused as to who is in the Directors office. And who is who in every department for that matter. They have an incredible turn over rate in the positions of Director of the school as well as Directors in Financial Aid, Director of Admissions and Admissions Reps. The Director of Education position is currently advertised on Indeed.com. Student services changes quite frequently as well as the instuctors

Great school to go to is you like CONSTANT Change. The only thing they have going for them is the tuition increases and their accreditations and I hear they are on the line as well. May be one of the several schools being investigated.

CFI scammed me! in Clearwater, Florida

29 months ago

liz, orlando fl in Rome, Georgia said: I just finished the echo program in orland,fl SBI, I had good teachers in overall the director of the program is the worst MISS Calvert, she discuraged students I don't understand how she got that job. The program was 37,000 .... be very careful if u want to go to sbi orlando ...

I completely agree Liz. I went thru the Echo program with Ms. Calvert also. She was rude as hell, along with the rest of the staff. I finished with a 3.9 gpa, and perfect attendance. Then I waited over 6 months to be placed in a clinical site. When I was finally placed, I was just a gopher, changing bed linen between patients. I received almost NO hands on training as promised. Now I'm working RETAIL! Thanks CFI, you did a great job of separating me from $27,000. We're getting a group of students to seek legal action against this "so called" school. Contact me: kemzs@tampabay.rr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

STILL PLUGGIN ALONG in Sebastian, Florida

19 months ago

messed up in temple terrace, Florida said: You've got to investigate...it's for your own good. Spending a fortune for this school should have to be worth it. Producing more than 30 graduates / yr. might cause anyone some challenges to land a job. Really, you've got to investigate! Goodluck.

I have to tell you... I graduated in 2002 and in all the places ive worked, not one offered me full time, they all had their main girl, you always had to have different places to work with no benefits. TO THIS DAY IN 2013, i STILL HAVE NO BENEFITS. you need to keep up your education and protect the patient in every single aspect the patient always comes first, but its difficult sometimes because you the tech are always last. YOU ARE ALWAYS BOGGED DOWN WITH WORK AND PERFORMING TESTS ON PATIENTS (SOME WHO DONT WORK, BUT GET FREE MEDICAID AND THEREFORE GET THE TEST FOR FREE) IN THE SAME TOKEN YOUR NOT ABLE TO GET THE TEST YOURSELF, IF YOU NEED IT, E
VEN THO YOU WORK 35 HOURS A WEEK, STILL NO BENEFITS.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.